Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
super excited to draft not a QB at 2 this year based on all these rumors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

JT Jag posted:

Sorry Texans (not that sorry though), I sure know how it feels to draft a hopelessly bad QB in the first round https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1649856219782193154

This would be significantly worse than drafting Will Anderson!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
yeah but I'd rather have WIll Anderson and draft a QB next year than go through a couple years of mAyBe WiLl LeViS iS jOsH aLlEn 2.0 and also not have the rapist

Or, and this is my idea do not steal, they could draft CJ Stroud and I could hope for good things

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I've resigned myself to the Texans doing something dumb and am choosing to be excited to see which dumb path it will be

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Here's the dumbest possible path:

quote:

It also opens up the possibility of a trade back since there are plenty of QB-needy teams looking to land a potential star signal-caller this week. We've assumed all along the Texans wouldn't trade within the AFC South, but I've heard the Colts (No. 4) and Titans (No. 11) are both intrigued by the passers in this class and could jump up.

Trading with either of those teams, who grab Stroud, and he turns out to be a killer.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

fast cars loose anus posted:

I've resigned myself to the Texans doing something dumb and am choosing to be excited to see which dumb path it will be

Not gonna lie they managed to surprise me by both doing the right thing with the 2 pick and then immediately doing something stupid in terms of what they traded (but the pick at 3 in a vacuum is good)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
this division sure is gonna be interesting QB wise for a bit

lol

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

I don't understand how a scale that puts someone in the top 2% of a sample and grades him 9.78 out of ten can also have a red and a bunch of yellow in the individual measurements

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
yeah but youre better off taking those shots than throwing out a known mediocrity for sure, so yes, the Colts are absolutely doing the right thing here

e: although the fact that Richardson himself says he was "shocked" instead of the boilerplate "I always knew I would win the job" does say something funny

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 16, 2023

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, by all accounts he's actually very humble and hard working and didn't assume he'd be the starter. So I think that's a normal reaction since he seems well aware that he's still got to improve his game.

I think he'll end up being a great pick, but nobody is fooling themselves into thinking this first year is when it will happen. He's gonna have ups and downs and probably more bad than good but he's got to play and get the experience.

Fair enough. I dont wish any ill on him except as far as Id rather he not make a division rival good

Intruder posted:

worked for the chiefs

Bills would be the better comparison here

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
we already knew he was gonna start so we gave all the reps to the other guys in order to find the best backup

is what I am telling myself

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Put this in the hall of fame

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
its weird to complain about a team like this that is playing with house money already but that was a 100% winnable game

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
We get to have a learning experience and a win in the same game, I'll take it

Weird that CJ's two worst games were the Cardinals and Panthers though

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kirios posted:

I mean let’s have perspective here - the Texans were supposed to be a bottom 3 team and are 6-5.

This season is a massive success.

and literally if we lose out we still have our franchise QB + a stud WR and DL which means we can spend money on other spots to shore up o-line/defense. We are set up nicely

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
nuh uh we beat the Bills that one time and they might make it

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Alright Titans I have never wanted you to win more don't disappoint me

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Minshew missed at least two wide open TD passes (and I'm not even counting the 4th down play which might have resulted in one) so yes you can blame him

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Worst to first

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Probably a bad decision, Titans

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I don't remember the Texans ever just stomping all over anyone like this, and certainly not in the playoffs

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XBs2maU-u4

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It would be difficult to imagine a better season compared to expectations and keep it within the realm of plausibility. Couldn't be happier overall. If we nail this draft like we did the last one, watch the gently caress out

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
i thought ghosts were supposed to be the ones holding grudges

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
add "being excited a coach is staying, instead of wanting to kick him into outer space" to the ever-expanding "feelings I dont usually have about the Texans" list

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

JT Jag posted:

I miss Jack Easterby

Good news he's a free agent y'all can hire him and experience it up close!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
OROY, DROY and Andre Johnson elected to the HoF. A great day.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Stoked we signed Ka'imi

https://twitter.com/esquivelalex22/status/1765522201527058462

Also Christian Wilkins is interested in signing with us and the interest is mutual reportedly

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I wanted Greenard back but can understand why we didn't give him that money

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
why are we trading for an old possibly washed RB with multiple charges of menacing or assaulting women? Just loving draft one at that point jesus

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If you believe the playoffs are at least partly a crapshoot (and you should given that the only real requirement these days is a great QB) then there's a lot of value in being king of a poo poo division just to get you in (and maybe a bye if your other division mates are bad enough)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Metapod posted:

Man if they hit on a rookie wr in the draft this could be the first actually good passing offense in titans history lol

I will not tolerate this Steve McNair erasure

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I guess if you believe the draft is a crapshoot and more picks = better thats defensible and I even do believe that but I kinda feel like we could have drafted a first rounder at any defensive position and itd be good

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Its quite easy to see the Texans taking a step back next year for no other reason than having to play a 1st place schedule instead of a 4th place one but Stroud is so good that it hopefully won't matter

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Those unis are too Falcons-y for me

e: I see I was beaten to this but I mean look at them

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

yessssssssssssssssss get the heck in

yeah for real. Star QB on a rookie deal is the time to go all the way the gently caress in on other positions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Gaming a contract year out of someone is the new market inefficiency :colbert: