Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I want a hall of famer that's what I want this draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

Oh I agree for the Colts, I'm just saying if I were the Titans I'd have to absolutely sure that Stroud was a likely top 10 QB in the league to make that deal

Well thats what every gm should do when they trade up for a qb lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Like the pick

Suck this year and get Caleb please

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

no reason to blow the qb load early

poo poo you could potentially even extend tanny if you gently caress up and win too many games this year

mike vrabel would die before tanking anyway

Don't put that into this world

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

you know its true bb

and for the right price, its not a bad option

he's literally above average

It's a terrible option because the ceiling is low. I want to win a championship he isn't good enough

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

well, first i would say the rest of the team won't be good enough to win a super bowl for a couple years. they'll be lucky to make the playoffs before untangling j-rob's mess.

second, if dudes like nick foles and joe flacco can win a super bowl, ryan tannehill absolutely can too. he got to the afc championship game with this franchise (and then poo poo the bed, but still)

titans fans have had a hate on for this dude since he took over, but he's literally the titan's winningest quarterback with 10+ starts at .663*. he's more than capable.

*this ratio probably falls well below that this season tbf

1) That's why it would be super dumb to continue with tanny his era is done

2) those guys you mentioned played really well in the playoffs. Tannehill was seeing full box defenses all the time and couldn't punish it in games that matter. That's really bad

3) I don't care someone did well in October when it doesn't translate to January. This isn't a 1 year reaction in all the years he had 1 game he played okayed in the playoffs the rest he looked like an anchor around our necks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Just so everyone knows it Tannehill is 35 this season

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol I've never held it against tanny for doing well after mariota just as I won't use compare who we get next to tanny.

Soul Glo posted:

oh no, he's gonna turn into a pumpkin

i'm not arguing that the quarterback question needs to be answered soonish, i'm just saying it doesn't have to be solved during the 2023 season, and that they could restructure his deal so that they don't have to solve it for 2024 either.

when you need to overhaul the WR room and rebuild the OL in addition to other spots like LB, throwing out a totally serviceable QB is a waste of time and resources.

not to mention they'll likely have to turnover the RB position at the same time as the QB

Yes we agree we need a lot. What im saying it would incredibly stupid to extend a guy who isn't apart of the future

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Terrible pick yuck

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Levi's is a 2nd round pick so him being bad and landing us Caleb is good and smart

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

so henry 100% gone and soon right

No thats not what drafting a 3rd round hb means lol. Could he be traded sure but this trade doesn't show that

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You just aren't seeing the genius in ensuring levis will get to throw to marvin Harrison jr

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

Didn't Rapoport say on the broadcast that the guy doesn't have an ACL in one of his knees, and also has arthritis? He was talking like he might not make it to a second contract

Link

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What's really odd is the gm saying oline qb and wr were deep and still didn't take a wr lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The more I think about day 2 the more mad and unexcited I get

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Love this whyles pick

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Day 1: good
Day 2: disastrous
Day 3: pretty good

Is how I would say this draft went

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah spears looks like really good player but like it's so outside of everything this team needs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Has their ever been a 7th rounder with a more inside track to be a starter than this wr lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Let's go air is getting into those lungs 😤😤😤

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1658520895512510469?t=cD8MxQOPMcwrO6FOTwLQsg&s=19

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I welcome Caleb Williams to the squad

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

the Titans are gonna be so rear end this year

May we be the worst of the worst so we get my beloved Caleb

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Somber lol at us replacing lewan with Shrekified Lewan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ending another star wrs career 😤😤😤

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope the new OC is decent and puts nuk is good spots

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hell I'm gonna say it I think our offense is pretty good on paper. Line is bad and oc is a mystery but this unit has talent

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Offense looking mighty nice on paper

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Read today Shrek (titans 1st round pick) is going to play guard. I'm happy with that if that's his best position let him blossom in the inside.

With that said dear god our tackles are going to be so bad

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No need to worry he 100% was apart of the hazing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Johnathan Taylor requested a trade after meeting with Irsay today

lol, lmao, Titan up

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol saying Taylor went overboard for wanting security and not end up like the hbs this year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
JT: I want the long term deal i have earned
Irsay: if you die no one would care
JT: I demand a trade

Colt fan: jt being dramatic

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

the indianapolis copes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao Zach moss (Taylor's backup) immediately breaks his arm

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

sometimes i think about what the titans would look like with even just league median OL performance and it's just too beautiful for words

It's why God won't allow it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Any news about honor landry? I'm excited to see him play again