Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Wait, the Titans didn't win the Super Bowl last year? And drafted Will Levis? What the gently caress!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

oh thank god i was about to become a jags fan there for a second. i'm glad we won. i'm looking forward to winning a second straight this year.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I think you'll find that trading away AJ Brown in the draft is what buried them last year, actually.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Is Matt Ryan gone? Did I miss that?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

AFC South killing yet another milquetoast quarterback named Matt's career.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gonna try to split the difference and root half-heartedly for the titans and root a little more enthusiastically for the jags, so what i'm saying is, congrats texans fans on your impending division championship

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It just didn't seem like "backup quarterback" was the highest need when we'd lost a shitload of our offensive lineman. Know how you can keep Tanny healthy? Just protect him, will also help with Henry as well.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Not a Guillaume Pantalones fan.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

that big jeff tho

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

We're gonna be rear end this year, but I'm glad we're letting our defensive line coach head up the staff for a preseason game, that's a good move considering how tough it's been for coaches of color to get consideration if they aren't offensive gurus.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

mate, it's the preseason

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Why are the Colts naming Richardson the starter after his first preseason game was 67 yards and a turnover?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

AFC South fans trying to talk up their division when 3 out of the four teams drafted QBs from the weakest QB class in a while and the other team is the Jags is very funny. We're all going to be 6-11 at the end of the season, is my guess.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

I see spears had another good showing hopefully this is the hb2 that's actually good

Aw, Haskins ain't the worst. But glad we have some more depth in that room.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

well, he might be, depends on what comes out of his Aug 30 court date for domestic violence and strangulation

with henry and spears and chestnut all rolling, haskins is absolutely going to be cut. he's not even getting competition reps in these preseason games now unless i missed his last night.

Oh gently caress, didn't know that, ignore that last post.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Unless....

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

With all due respect I don’t see how anyone but the Jaguars win this division.

yeah... yeah

think the titans are going to end up the worst purely on having No Offense Whatsoever

Unfortunately, think we're out of the running for Caleb Williams, but what if, hear me out... they drafted Jalon Daniels and made me really, really happy?

(It'll be Penix.)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

What's the shittiest QB we could draft... Sam Hartman? Maybe it'll be Sam Hartman.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Pessimism aside, defense is doing poo poo!!! Big Jeff!!!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Smelling toast, am I having a stroke? No, just Tannehill on my computer screen.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Done with the dude. Still hate the Levis pick. Should've just tanked.

gently caress.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

His arm is extremely cooked. I know a lot of QBs looked bad yesterday, but I don't see Tanny getting back into reliable shape, just too old and banged up to recover.

Like, I feel bad for saying poo poo like I hate him yesterday, it's not like he's playing stupid, he just clearly can't make a huge amount of plays physically anymore. If AJ Brown was still around, might make up for it, but that's not possible now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Hello afc south. I come as a representative from the afc west since there are two games that involve our teams! Howdy!

Howdy. Even though it makes no sense and I hate the Titans right now, I do think they'll beat the Chargers because (A) The Titans have a good track record as huge underdogs in game 2 of the year the past two seasons, and (B) The Chargers are masters of taking defeat from the jaws of victory. Will not be surprised when I'm dead wrong though, because I don't know where the Titans will get the offense to win.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 16, 2023

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Hell yeah.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Howdy. Even though it makes no sense and I hate the Titans right now, I do think they'll beat the Chargers because (A) The Titans have a good track record as huge underdogs in game 2 of the year the past two seasons, and (B) The Chargers are masters of taking defeat from the jaws of victory.

Lol, called it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Time to replace that Jags on the Throne pic to represent with the AFC South with its true totem: The picture of King Ghidorah, but every face is the derp face.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Feel like Vrabel usually has the defense playing better than it should even with the injuries and cornerback roulette, it's the offense that he usually struggles with.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Just outmatched

"Outmatched" implies the other team is good, and I refuse to say that about these Browns. We just suck. But beat the Chargers? Lol?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

Texans fans - we owe Lovie Smith an apology.

Codependent Poster posted:

Vrabel has to be close to getting fired, right?

Lotta bad posts in the AFC South thread this afternoon.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I get where Soul-Glo is going, but (A) Some of Tannehill's bigger faults have been him looking cooked, maybe a fresher arm and fresher eyes would get a few more plays and build some chemistry with these guys, and (B) Let's be real, Willis and Levis are going to suck, so might as well prove that and move on instead of holding on to some fake hope.

Outcome's probably the same either way.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, I always thought Reich was a good coach who just had trouble getting a quality quarterback, even up to his firing in Indy, but honestly, considering how bad the Panthers are doing, I've come to the conclusion he's just very mediocre.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Long Live The King

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

What curse??? The rape curse???

Matt Schaub just had googly eyes, I don't think he raped anyone.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

Are we the best division in football? It feels like we are.

It's the NFC West since the Rams aren't that bad. However, bucking my expectations, the AFC South is not the worst division in football (because that's the NFC South's honor).

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

Hey... we are the most miserable division. The worst is the nfc north.

I nearly put that, but I think the Lions are actually kinda good. No one in the NFC South is good. But... no teams in the NFC South are the Chicago Bears, so I may yield the point.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I was out and couldn't even watch the game, but every time I checked the update, Fulton was getting another pass interference.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

QBs drafted in back to back years and neither one shows much promise.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Just think that should've been O-line help instead. Both of those guys were fringe prospects, and there aren't many Brock Purdys in the league. Better to tank one year than limp along drafting garbage along the way.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

O Line isn't great but that... was beyond bad

drat, MAYBE A SECOND ROUND PICK FOR THE O-LINE WOULD HAVE MORE VALUE THAN SECOND ROUND PICK QBS WHO SHOULD BE PROJECTED IN THE FOURTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

anyway, done beating on my drum, let's tank, boys