Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lmao

oh well, I'd still rather have him than a rapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh yeah stroud is still definitely my top choice, and if he goes to the panthers then take bpa and worry about qb later because the team has so many needs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

I've resigned myself to the Texans doing something dumb and am choosing to be excited to see which dumb path it will be

Even if they do the thing you want, because it's the Texans you know it'll be a failure

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: nvm misunderstood the point

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

texans went buck wild. on the one hand, I wanted stroud and can't hate getting the #1 defensive player. and caserio has given no reason to believe he'll pick a gem in the middle of the first

on the other, if the texans are awful again and the cards get a top 3 pick, woof

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

texans should bring nuk back

e: if the "nuk plus 3 for 11" rumor was true and the texans didn't do "nuk plus 3 and maybe a 3rd for 12" then lmao at how dumb they are as usual

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 28, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the tits are definitely taking levis

he'll end up being better than stroud because texans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Love the moves for both Houston and tennessee. Not loving Richardson to Colts but I guess they don’t exactly have to start him right away with minshew there.

the success of the texans draft already rested on stroud so might as well get anderson I guess idk

if stroud is bad his first year and is a stud the texans maybe hosed up, if he's a complete bust then it doesn't matter?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have nothing against Colts fans anymore since they haven't fallen rear end backwards into a generational QB lately but better you than me having to try to feel good about the Richardson pick

ON THE OTHER HAND I notoriously am wrong about picks and thought Mahomes was just as much of a project that wouldn't work out because lol Texas Tech

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

big qb with physical potential? hopefully cardale jones 2.0 and the colts tailspin into permanent irrelevancy :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

can't tear your ACL if you don't have one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

reading a draft profile of the receiver the texans drafted and lol: "Listed at 5-8, 163"

also frames are a funny thing because im taller and fatter than this guy but we weigh about the same

taller than trindon holliday but not as heavy somehow

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zero chance he comes back to Houston considering the ownership group is who his major problem was with

e: also because the Texans still suck

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 26, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:hmmyes:

Man, I don't know how comfortable I'd feel about my ability to hit the hole in the net even if I hadn't just done all the shuffling beforehand even at that distance

e: still a better pick than jake locker :v:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 2, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got into a long debate with a dude I play basketball with who was convinced the Texans needed to take Levis at #2

Not even use the Browns pick for him, take him with their own pick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Djbienaime/status/1669065998383628289

Hard for me to get too into these drills because my understanding is Stroud's biggest weakness is handling the pass rush

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think the Texans are gonna do it this year. They're gonna rise to rear end status

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know how to feel about that lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stroud is impressing in contactless drills so he's destined to be a stud

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

o/u 7.5 wins to win the division (not how many does the first place team have, how many would it take to finish ahead of the second place team)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

oh yeah there's a preseason game tonight. go texans!

who the heck is calling the game anyway, the rule has been changed long enough they shouldn't be suggesting that a receiver is looking for a red flag after catching a td

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

worked for the chiefs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Woof, Texans got smoked

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stroud sure didn't get a lot of reps in the preseason for a guy who's being named the day 1 starter

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

Learned today nico Collins is houstons wr1 oof

wow robert woods fell off that bad?

oh man this reminds me of BOB

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

whoops stroud is a bust

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

whoops stroud is a bust

I guess I'm being unfair to Stroud at least a little bit, it can't be easy to play QB when almost every play has a completely unblocked rusher in your face

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

big will anderson

many people are saying this

let's all watch him getting held to the point where he was just about tackled to the ground and still getting the sack

https://twitter.com/NickScurfield/status/1700959349877723485

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

I'm a Texans fan this year

Hello fellow afcs fans

Why would you do this to yourself

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Man Arizona is gonna get such a good pick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ah that texans tradition of falling behind big, making a push, falling flat on their faces then badly missing the fg

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

well there was probably around 60 yards of garbage time yardage for stroud but a solid game that gives a little bit of hope

384 yards, 2 TD, 0 picks

Sacked six times, same ol' Texans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

little tank

Mega64 posted:

Congrats to Texans fans for having a good nonrapist QB.

feels like a huge relief

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

jags fans already booing their team lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the jags are truly a gift to us all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

stroud rules, dell rules

feeling good about 2024. and I can even enjoy watching a win (potentially, not counting my eggs just yet) without worrying about draft positioning because they don't have a first anyway!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the one time I'm pulling for the tits to win

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

I told everybody that Stroud was the safe pick in this draft but no one listened.

I was 100% on the Stroud bandwagon before the draft. Got a little worried during preseason, but man he's been so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This game felt so good to watch. It's been years since I've had fun watching a Texans game