Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts are extremely all in on Levis so it would be extra bad if Houston drafted him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I like Stroud a lot and would love for the Colts to draft him at 4, but I don't know if I'd be willing to pay what it'll cost the Titans to move from 11 to 3 for him in their current situation

If the Colts were gonna move up I think they would have already when it probably would have been cheaper. I think they're fine staying where they are and taking Levis or Richardson.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Anthony Richardson is gonna be awesome in a year or two.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm happy to get an exciting QB. Maybe he'll never develop into a great passer but he's always going to have the running ability. So if it's anything like watching Justin Fields then I'm all in.

If he turns out to be great that's even better, but it's just so nice to have a QB that can play the modern game and seems very likeable. We haven't had someone like that since Luck.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1663978999867949079

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/brettbensley/status/1664713143166050305

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Imagine drafting some other QB.

I'm happy to have a couple QBs with personalities and who are likeable again. Richardson seems like such a good dude who wants to be good at football and enjoy it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I used to think they'd ease him in, but all the reports are that everyone is impressed with Richardson so I do think he'll be out there week 1. He needs more experience and he's only gonna get that by playing, so get him out there right away and get him playing time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Who could have ever seen this coming

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Willis was a project to begin with, I'd rather see how he does with another season and dealing with some QB competition.

Besides, I'd rather watch him break out over Levis.

You won't have to worry about seeing either of them break out

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It doesn't matter since Anthony Richardson is gonna be the best QB in the division and the NFL for the next decade

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Excited to see how the vaunted brain genius frank reich leads the colts to the division title this year.

I've got some news for you

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol he just wants to get paid so good for him

I can't imagine he's going to expect to put up numbers or to be playing in the postseason

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

excited for dhop to catch a td

I dunno if you should get excited for something that might not happen

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

I'm hoping that Ballard can smooth things over. Besides, if it's obvious JT wants a big time extension, who is really handing those out to RBs in today's NFL? You'd have to give up draft picks and the extension. It only makes sense for the Colts to resign him, as they have the value of his cheap years already under their belt. To be real, he could get a 3 year extension for like $50M and he'd be a Top 5 RB contract and that's pocket change in the NFL.

Yeah my guess is things eventually get worked out. I don't think the Colts will trade him and if he sits out they will probably live with it and go with the RBs they have.

I think he'll end up playing. But if not, hey, that means it's better odds for the Colts to tank and draft Marvin Harrison Jr.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Metapod posted:

JT: I want the long term deal i have earned
Irsay: if you die no one would care
JT: I demand a trade

Colt fan: jt being dramatic

No no, Irsay said if HE died, no one would care.

I would like JT to get paid what he's worth, but with the RB market as is, it won't happen this year. And then this is happening:

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1685812764726448129

So it's kind of a mess, and I get why they aren't going to extend him right now. Hopefully they do pay him the salary this year, but who knows.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He’ll look very good as a raider next season.

If they put him on the NFI, this season tolls into the next so he's not a FA until 2025. If he sits, he has only three accrued seasons which makes him an RFA unstead of UFA so the Colts can pretty much control where he plays. If he does play this year the Colts could still franchise tag him for next year.

JT has no leverage which makes this whole thing super weird, especially asking for a trade after failing a physical. He also wants 16 million which nobody is paying any RB, but especially someone who isn't healthy.

Right now it sure does seem like his new agent is loving everything up with some bad advice.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Metapod posted:

Lmao Zach moss (Taylor's backup) immediately breaks his arm

Evan Hull SZN

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Because they're getting him what he needs to develop and that's playing time

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm totally fine with tanking the year so we can draft Marvin Harrison Jr. next year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

yeah but youre better off taking those shots than throwing out a known mediocrity for sure, so yes, the Colts are absolutely doing the right thing here

e: although the fact that Richardson himself says he was "shocked" instead of the boilerplate "I always knew I would win the job" does say something funny

Nah, by all accounts he's actually very humble and hard working and didn't assume he'd be the starter. So I think that's a normal reaction since he seems well aware that he's still got to improve his game.

I think he'll end up being a great pick, but nobody is fooling themselves into thinking this first year is when it will happen. He's gonna have ups and downs and probably more bad than good but he's got to play and get the experience.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't watch a ton of NCAA football but I don't get the glowing optimism for Richardson beyond his athleticism. I watched a few Florida games of his and he was loving awful. First person I thought of us for a comparable upside was Kordell Stewart. I get not bothering with Minshew but not why AR was taken so high.

It's because of his athleticism mostly. Nobody has what he has when it comes to that. Size, arm strength, speed... if he can get coached up and put everything together then he's pretty much thing to be unstoppable.

So it comes down to believing if he can get the right coaching and experience and if that will file off the rough edges.

He's a hard worker so at least you know if he fails it's not because he's lazy or anything. It's a gamble and it'll probably be a year or two before you find out if it was worth it or not, but the Colts have been on the QB carousel ever since Luck retired so they need to take the shot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah he threw a dime on a long pass that should have been a TD but it was dropped.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I doubt any team puts out anything acceptable for him. I think this is to show him that there really isn't much value out there and he's gonna have to play the season out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JT Jag posted:

alternatively the Colts could have just offered him a like 3 year deal because they have the room entering year one of a rookie QB contract

but, nah

I think they're a bit gunshy because right after they gave big contracts to Nelson and Leonard they got hurt. So with JT coming off an injury and the RB market being as it is, it's probably smart for them to see if he gets back to form before giving him a contract. It sucks for JT and I would like if they all just worked it out, but that's the NFL for you.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All part of the plan to get Marvin Harrison Jr. next year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nobody but Irsay is high enough to know

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Anthony Richardson gonna score at least 5 TDs today

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is about what I expected from the Colts this year. Okay enough to compete, but they've got a lot of young people and some holes that need fixed before they can win more than they lose.

Just gotta make sure to lose enough to where they can get Marvin Harrison Jr.!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Richardson looked pretty decent today. Hopefully he isn't hurt. He's got a lot of heart though and that's great to see. Just needs to learn to not take those unnecessary risks and hits.

But yikes to all the RBs today. Colts need to mend fences with JT right away. Go ahead and pay the man, make him happy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JT Jag posted:

I agree, the Colts should pay me

You would probably be a better RB than Deon Jackson, yeah.

Richardson isn't injured too, so good news there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lol that all it took was one game for you to change your tune about Taylor

Hey I thought that maybe the RB by committee thing could work.

Then Hull got hurt and Deon Jackson had like the worst game ever.

So yeah, I say pay the man.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/ZachHicks2/status/1701038221738569926?s=19

lol try worrying about your own lovely QBs

https://twitter.com/titansfilmroom/status/1701003761093939424?s=19

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Sep 11, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Hello afc south. I come as a representative from the afc west since there are two games that involve our teams! Howdy!

Herbert is a cool QB and I wished he was my QB until we got Richardson

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pimpcasso posted:

hopkins might not play, anther titans legendary WR free agency pick up in the making

lol who could have ever seen this coming

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

2 games in the league and he's had an injury in both

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1703468168591597888

The first game was nothing and he could've gone back in, but there was no point with how little time was left.

This one I think he needed to brace himself for the hit. Concussions can be freak things though.

Anyway, he rules and the lesson is to try to avoid big hits. Plenty of time for him to learn that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Jets should inquire about Minshew

Colts won't trade him. This is why he's there. He's a really good backup and the offense plays differently but is still effective when he plays.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts and Texans looking like the best two teams in the division, as expected

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vrabel has to be close to getting fired, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hello AFC South thread where the division is led by the Indianapolis Colts.