Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It's a serious problem and it makes no sense.

They're long lasting when cut in a vase. They smell like summer and sunscreen. They come in just about every color imaginable barring blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It's kind of a disorganized mess of petals, like it's trying too hard

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm glad that someone is willing to stand up and speak truth to power. Big Rose cannot keep the carnation down forever.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think they’re fine op

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
not a fan sorry op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i have no strong feelings on this or any flower op, and further i have no supplementary information for you at this time

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I was not aware that people hate carnations OP

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

What in carnations?!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Carnation's public relations placation destination

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
They're pretty but nobody ever gave me one on valentine's day so I'm still mildly miffed

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
poll much, btw op?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Good username/thread combo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're all closet cannibals.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's cuz they smell like sunscreen, op.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I don't want any coronations, get lost you monarchist

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Plant MONSTER. posted:

They smell like summer and sunscreen.

wtf?

I didn't think carnations had a smell at all

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
white and cream colored ones have a fragrance to them imo. I mean carnations are just Dianthus flowers we bred to be larger and multi-petaled and they are known for their very sweet and spicy aroma.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’m reminded more of instant breakfast than flowers, OP.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I only like flowers that look like vaginas.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Every time I see a carnation I think of the one I wore in my lapel at my senior prom and remember how I walked in on my highschool sweeheart getting railed by the handsome quarterback and how I then sat down on the edge of the bed and cried and as he thrusted maniacally the quarterback said his dad would never hire me at his used car lot. This is why carnations are my favourite flower.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Mega64 posted:

I only like flowers that look like vaginas.

theres a flower called clitoria

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Plant MONSTER. posted:

They're long lasting when cut in a vase. They smell like summer and sunscreen. They come in just about every color imaginable barring blue.

Theres no blue ones op thats why spew vitriol their way

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i like how the jasmines smell, op

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I dunno seems pretty cruel to take a beautiful flower and cut it to keep it in a vase for a week before it shrivels up and dies.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Buce posted:

i like how the jasmines smell, op

thats messed up and I'll tell ya why. Although different kinds of jasmine have different fragrances, the well known "headier" smelling ones get their smell in part from a molecule called skatole. Skatole is the main contributor to the smell of mammalian dookies.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I dunno seems pretty cruel to take a beautiful flower and cut it to keep it in a vase for a week before it shrivels up and dies.

plants only care about spreading themselves and covering more space. Some plants have developed flowers so pretty they're entrained humans to sacrifice space for them in our fields as well as to build structures that provide them with optimal growing conditions. Hell yeah we'll sacrifice our nuts for that cushy life!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont really care either way about carnations, I just think roses are overhyped

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.
Freinds had handmade fake carnations at their wedding, they used recycled sheet music for the flower petals (one was a music teacher and had access to sheet music that was gonna get pitched). Kinda raised the bar over the real ones for me since they're still pretty to this day.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
nice burner account, big carnation

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Bifner McDoogle posted:

Freinds had handmade fake carnations at their wedding, they used recycled sheet music for the flower petals (one was a music teacher and had access to sheet music that was gonna get pitched). Kinda raised the bar over the real ones for me since they're still pretty to this day.

I've seen artificial flowers made from sheet music a few times. They're quite neat. I make fake flowers as well but only thought to try and make some carnations yesterday.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I used to drink their instant breakfast every day when I was a kid.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

You Are A Elf posted:

I’m reminded more of instant breakfast than flowers, OP.

Chalky, lovely instant breakfast. Great Starts were much better.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I lost 26 cats to carnations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You're thinking of tarnations and it's only prospectors.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I eat em whole and it makes my dick bigger

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Plant MONSTER. posted:

A literal plant monster trying to drum up support for a plant.

Nice try.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's pretty lovely dried non fat milk OP. It's not very good.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
gently caress carnations and gently caress you too

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

Big Rose cannot keep the carnation down forever.

Roses have more character than any flower except the poisonous ones. Roses are pretty but can gently caress you up because of all those thorns. That's badass. They deserve their fame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Carnations are like honeydew melons and it seems maybe a lot of people just haven't had good ones.