Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

We get to see Mike McCarthy and Brian Schottenheimer run an offense this season we are truly cursed blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Getting him in the late 1st was good value. All he has to do is line up next to Parsons and eat double teams and he's an immediate difference maker.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Trying to think of the best receiver Dak has played with. I think it's Amari Cooper?

Point being that he's made Dallas' passing game greater than the sum of it's parts his whole career. Having Zeke in his prime helped but it only helps so much.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Diqnol posted:

You stink and your worship of meaningless numbers is a texas sized loogie in the eye of god. If Dak were the quarterback you say he is, then your team would be a more consistent playoff presence. Exhibit A: Patrick Mahomes. Exhibit B: Peyton Manning. Both players won superbowls with a limited supporting cast which you cannot claim Dak has had for the majority of his career. Face it, Jerry and his henchmen put together a team that a Mahomes/Manning would have won with and Dak simply fell short.

If the Cowboys had one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the sport, yes, they'd have a super bowl in this century.

Nobody is saying Dak is a first ballot hall of famer but if you put some talent around him and some things break your way maybe you win a super bowl with him.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Dak is par for the course with interceptions. 15 is his highest season total, and while that's not great it's also not an absurd amount.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If you're good enough you can mitigate the impact of turnovers. Dallas still finished as a top 5 offense last year and they're a top 5 offense this year with Big Mike and Brian Schottenheimer running the show.

Not many guys can do that!

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

euphronius posted:

People say “top 5 offense”but what do they mean by that ?

I was referring to scoring. They finished 4th last year and are 2nd right now.

Fake E: I was looking at total points but for offensive points scored they finished top 5 last year and are top 5 right now.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 14, 2023

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

This is a powerful thread.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Belichick is one of the best defensive minds in the history of the sport and while he's whiffed as a GM he's drafted hall of famers and made difference making signings and trades.

Moss and Welker in 07 is the flashiest, but getting Revis and Brandon Browner in 2014 was huge.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Doltos posted:

The Eagles and the Cowboys both feast off of idiot franchises that pass on the best prospects in the draft for stupid character concern reasons.

Jalen Carter fell because he was involved in an impromptu street race where someone died not because of some "doesn't love the game" bullshit.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Black Lighter posted:

In other words, he did some stupid kid poo poo and it ended almost as tragically as it possibly could. It's not like he had a long history of vehicular manslaughter or any other red flags to speak of before that, but there were draftniks who talked about him like he was a lifelong criminal. Their loss our gain, etc, but the 'character concerns' were wildly out of proportion to what actually happened.

It's not ancient history, it happened pretty recently, and reckless driving appears to be an issue for Georgia football and not an isolated incident.

quote:

Jones, the team's player connection coordinator, is the 15th member of the program to face a reckless driving or speeding charge since the crash that killed offensive lineman Devin Willock and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy on Jan. 15, according to the Constitution.

If Carter has chosen to not put himself or anyone around him in that situation again, great. Some people don't learn, though.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Jack Del Rio is as good as a scapegoat as you can hope for. Probably one of the best in recent memory.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I think the Eagles are a playoff team and they will retain their coach and will be fine.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Snyder not being rewarded for the poo poo show he put together is a fitting end.

Fake E: As in not having the team getting a new QB not the billions of dollars he got, etc

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Washington requests interview with Doc Rivers

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If I'm McClay I'm demanding a glory hole.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Harlock posted:

With Big Bill on the market, no way McCarthy comes back

Belichick does not want to put up with Jerry Jones

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Nobody wants to put up with Jerry
Bill and Harbaugh don't want to put up with anybody who won't let them be GM too

All three will need to put up with somebody, eventually, at least briefly, because Bill needs and wants a job, Harbaugh wants a job (and has wanted one since Jed kicked him out, he's never wanted that to be the end of him in the league), and Jerry needs to employ someone at HC (and doesn't and should want Mike anymore)

Can't always get what you want

True.

Wouldn't be surprised if Belichick took this season off and came back next year if he didn't like the landscape.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

relegate this whole loving division, let the top four UFL teams in

Even God couldn't kill this division

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

You can justify rolling the dice on Maye because of his ability. Quinn is a guy that's gone in 3-5 years. He must be great in interviews.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Washington's biggest issue is their terrible name.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Being a good coordinator doesn't equate to being a good head coach.

The reason Quinn is suspect hire is that we've seen him as a head coach. He's below to above average. Aaron Glenn or Anthony Weaver wouldn't have been sexy hires but they'd be a fresh face. Maybe they'd bring something new.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I don't know if Chip Kelly is a good hire but as a Football Fan I think it'd be fun to see him back in the league.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Guy wanting to get to know the future face of the franchise isn't surprising. Could've done it at pro days I guess, but why not do it all at once with everyone in the same place.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Dallas is good at drafting, they'll probably be fine.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

This draft has one of the deeper wide receiver classes in recent memory, don't know why you'd sign or trade for a veteran this year.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Some of the fastest WRs of all time, in fact.

The athleticism is insane. Malik Washington is going to go in the 3rd or 4th round and he had a 42 inch vert at 5'8".

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1768028898132959340?s=20

Washington handing out a bunch of short term deals and hoping something sticks. Not the worst idea.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I can't get over Daniels' build and all of the things that have to happen for him to stay on the field is a long list.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

they hired Kliff and then signed Mariota as the backup, they're definitely going Daniels barring some injury/red flag even occurring

His playing weight is 205 lbs and runs like he's doing stunts for Jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

fartknocker posted:

They can lose to anybody, anywhere, anytime.

NFC East in a nutshell