Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

euphronius posted:

Howie was on wip today and he’s 1. Pissed off at Gannon 2. Pissed off at the league for sabotaging the eagles with the bad field

I would love to somehow replay the Super Bowl on a regular, well kept NFL field. The outcome could very well be the same, but I think it would be a truer game for both sides. After all, the Chiefs had 55 sacks on the year, and they only got 2 "sacks" for like .25 yards total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

indigi posted:

even considering what a bad DC Gannon was, if they started the game with the correct equipment they probably win. they played themselves

While the right equipment would help, don't know if it would make that much a difference in the first half. The Chiefs only scored 7 offensive points, and they weren't going to hold Mahomes scoreless for the half.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
I'm pretty sure Eli is that only guy to get sacked by both Jerome McDougal and Marcus Smith. And it might have been the first sack for both.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
Jimmy Kempski has started his annual "NFC East dumpster fire" series.

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1673271048098201601

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

Olanphonia posted:

If Washington had pulled it out in OT, the discourse about that final eagles regulation drive would be everywhere. It was extremely close to costing the eagles that game in a hilarious fashion. Really should have just run it a few times and then kicked the almost guaranteed field goal to win rather than give it back to Washington with a minute and a half and one time out.

Then they almost did the same thing in OT before getting the yardage back after the intentional grounding call.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

Vengarr posted:

I could go off but we won so I'll let it die.

Mostly. Let me have this one as a bit of rules trivia: I've never seen someone attempt to return a fair catch and not get called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

The returner was trying to claim he was blocking out the sun, but that would also be a penalty for invalid fair catch. You can't raise your arm above your head for any purpose except to signal a fair catch.

I think they said on the broadcast that the NFL changed this rule a number of years ago.

I think the players and fans (including myself) thought this was still a penalty because it's probably been years since it was last called.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
The second Eagles/Cowboys game is on SNF, so NBC probably didn't want the same game in the span of like 5 weeks.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
I think if the Cowboys score 5 minutes into 3rd quarter Fox needs to switch to the Commanders/Seahawks.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
Wow, what a difference a field makes.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

beep by grandpa posted:

https://twitter.com/BengalYouTube/status/1726800064847413691?t=

If a move like this resulted in a turnover I would still be on the floor laughing

There's also the comedy potential of the ball bouncing straight up off the defender's hands, the QB catching it out of instinct, and then getting immediately tackled and have the clock run out.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

Redeye Flight posted:

The Lions actually won on Thanksgiving four years in a row from 2013 to 2016! They've just also lost every year since, and before then lost every year but one all the way back to 2001.

They embarrassed the Eagles so bad in 2015 that the Eagles haven't been on Thanksgiving since.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

MrMojok posted:

Oh, we’re not special. We’ve seen seasons in the past where there was one decent team in the NFC East and everyone else was horrible, and we will see it again.

In a few years it’s entirely possible there will be a season where our division is like this year’s NFC South, where the leader is 5-5.

Hell, three years ago we were one score away from a 6-10 division champion.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

BiggerBoat posted:

Bullshit. Of course you can. Off the top of my head, and I know I'm old, but the 86 Bears got wrecked by the Miami Dolphins on MNF and the league was fixated on how the 46 defense was finally figured out. You can go on from there and find an embarrassing loss for every Super Bowl team since then with the obvious exception of the NE 16-0 season where they saved their turd of a game til the end.

Last year, the SB champion Chiefs lost to the 4-12 Colts

The year before that, the Champion LA Rams lost to SF twice, once by 31-10

The TB Bucs before that lost to NO 38-3.

poo poo happens and nothing is over yet simply because we got our asses kicked by a very good football team.

Rich Kotite's greatest hour was a 40-8 beat down of the 49ers in 1994.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
Also gently caress the Cowboys, but also fast recovery for Mike McCarthy.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1732446925478105585

MD2020 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 7, 2023

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

euphronius posted:

All those rich people in Allentown

They built mansions after closing all the factories down.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.
https://theathletic.com/5252618/2024/02/06/commanders-coaching-drama/

quote:

someone in Ben Johnson’s camp leaked word over the weekend that the Detroit Lions’ offensive coordinator was turned off by Washington’s ownership group during his interviews with them, dismissing them as “basketball guys” who “were a little too confident in their football opinions.” And that, one guesses, was part of why he broke off negotiations with the team as Harris and company were en route to Detroit for a second interview with him.

That’s not the flex whoever said that thinks it is.

Last time I checked, the elite “basketball guys” make five to 10 times more money playing their sport than elite “football guys” do playing theirs and are 100 times more famous and more commercially viable as a result. And I’d be curious if most NFL head coaches would be happy getting contracts that “basketball guys” like George Karl got as NBA head coaches … 20 years ago. And since the Lions have come up short in their last two postseasons, while Myers’ and Magic Johnson’s hands are weighed down by the championship rings they own, maybe Ben Johnson and/or his camp should get off their high horses and listen to people who’ve actually won something.

Commanders FO: Who wouldn't like that? To be part of the basketball scene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

biceps crimes posted:

[quote="MrMojok" post="537904803"]
Jimmy’s on the ring of honor and is now back in the fold with the team, so I think you’ll find it’s actually going to be “Congratulations to Super Bowl LIX Champion Dallas Cowboys”

If the Cowboys immediately win the Super Bowl after bringing Jimmy back and Jimmy gets all the credit, would the resulting jealousy cause Jerry to have a McGriddle-assisted aneurysm?