Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

euphronius posted:

It’s like rooting for Aramark
This hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m trying to decide what was worse, last night by the Giants or the infamous Monday Night Massacre by the Eagles against Washington like a decade ago or so.
Giants because it was all game long as opposed to one insane quarter and they weren't playing against Michael Vick. You're not going to see more go wrong for a team in a game than last night

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

You know who Washington's kicker was for the Monday Night Massacre?

Graham Gano

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think they'll beat the Cardinals

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

What was wrong with arryn siposs
Just not good anymore. He was statistically one of the worst punters last season and struggled to make this year's roster. Can't get much worse really

edit: my bigger concern is Siposs was Elliott's holder, and that seemed to work well

shyduck fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 18, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

It cannot be that hard to find a good holder
:romo:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jokes aside probably not

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm sure this will slide under the radar with so much going on with the Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Rangers, Islanders-- wait hold on I'm getting word in my ear

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao that didn't take long

https://twitter.com/TMKSESPN/status/1709676438935216186?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It worked for Elvis

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Booing is fine and Neal hopefully learns a lesson from this gaffe, but also that radio clip I posted earlier in retrospect was way over the top. He's not "human garbage", people in this league have done far worse to earn a title like that.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Febreeze posted:

The o-line is taking most of the public blame for the Giants struggles and Neal has been the main blame poster boy for those struggles so I can't imagine the level of pressure the poor kid is under right now, let him be a little cringe when being hounded by reporters
He's only been accustomed to winning, having gone from IMG to Alabama to a Giants team that won a playoff game. So it's compounded by him not being used to criticism, let alone New York criticism, and also not quite realizing that last season has not exactly been the norm here and fans have stuck around through recent years of simply bad football. Everybody's rightfully frustrated. I still think going after fans in general is never a wise move, and hopefully he'll learn from it

shyduck fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 5, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Black Lighter posted:

When do we get the Jon Bois documentary on the post-'95 Cowboys?
Likely never because it just doesn't seem to fit his style, but also because Secret Base already kinda did one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zmj9ix_Ngg

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think there are very many circumstances anymore where QBs call their own plays outside of no huddle or 2 minute drills. They'll get latitude by being fed maybe 2 plays in the huddle and make changes on the line accordingly, but those initial calls are likely coming from the sidelines

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's hard to get too excited about Elliott's point totals because it's just covering for their inability to score red zone touchdowns

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That was the worst game I've seen them play in years but it was still a winnable game and I cannot understand why they were still throwing the ball near the end

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles sucked rear end and there's no disputing that, but I can't get over the 3rd and 9. I really feel as if that was a game they could've escaped with a win.

The last 3 Jets drives before the TD (and where the drive ended) went:

10 plays, 16 yards, 4:45, FG (PHI 20, short field due to Eagles ST 15 yard penalty)
3 plays, -5 yards, 1:41, Punt (NYJ 33)
5 plays, 8 yards, 3:30, Punt (NYJ 35)

Wilson was sacked once on each drive, with 5 total for the game.

If you keep it on the ground, you punt it away, and the Jets get the ball presumably deep (Eagles were on the PHI 46) with ~1:10 remaining and no timeouts. Force Zach Wilson to beat your defense that's had the better of him in the 2nd half. I would've taken that challenge 10 out of 10 times, especially in a game where virtually nothing is going right for you offensively. An ugly win is still a win, and it was there.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 16, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Promising news regarding Lane Johnson

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1713982442699165944

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The first int was pure clownball and almost not even fair it counts as an int, but the 2nd one was an avoidable awareness issue imo. Evens out I guess

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gotta do something before game 1 and dooming about baseball

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Weren’t all the Eagles fans lining up to jump off a cliff last week? Lol
that cliff ain't going anywhere and there's always next week

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1716537882423287955?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

survive and advance

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

pro starcraft loser posted:

I didn't see him take any major hits. What do you even do for an hour as treatment for a knee?
Maybe ultrasound therapy which can take a bit of time. I had a plica injury and had to do a few sessions of it.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 30, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

pro starcraft loser posted:

Oh! I thought euphronius had a good point too with a bruise because knee bruises loving hurt
I mean it could be that too, ultimately who knows. I just remember having to deal with a plica injury I think I likely developed from running with those "barefoot" zero support running shoes. It was pretty aggravating but not debilitating. The material gets inflamed and out of place and can end up pinching in your joints. Not fun! I did 3-4 sessions of ultrasound and massage along with PT to get it resolved. This was 10ish years ago and it never came back

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 30, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NattyBo posted:

I really think things will be looking up for Washington in a few seasons. A real GM and a new coach are surely in the offing, and it seems we have a QB, for now, and we’ll be farther removed from the Snyder miasma, tho 20+ years of incompetence isn’t going to be erased overnight.
Any news as far as a new stadium? I think leaving that dump would be a major step.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I just remembered the NFLPA report cards from earlier this year, and the Commanders grades are grim:

https://nflpa.com/washington-commanders-report-card

quote:

The Washington Commanders are ranked 32nd (last) in our team guide. Besides the strength coaches who received great feedback and grades as one of the best groups in the league, the rest of the club’s operations and facilities were rated by player respondents at the bottom of every single category.

The locker room does not have confidence that club owner Dan Snyder is willing to invest to upgrade the facilities, as player responses rank him 31st in this category.

Players had significantly more concerns with each area of the facility than the player respondents on any other team. For example, they were the team most consistently identified as having an understaffed training room.

Players also reported that they have some of the smallest hot and cold tubs for players’ recovery, and only 35% of players feel like they have enough personal space in their locker room. Finally, there are complaints of a lack of warm water and issues with poor drainage in the showers.

Only 22% of players feel like they have enough space on team flights. The Commanders are one of six teams in the NFL that make a segment of their players have roommates before games and one of seven teams in the NFL that do not offer their players first class seats.
Granted, a lot of this was Snyder being a cheap bastard, but hopefully the new ownership can at least do something about improving the facilities in the interim while a new permanent home gets worked out. It might be a few years out before that happens.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 30, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dan Snyder probably had an airline credit card he charged everything to and would send the team using the accrued miles

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

let's never speak of that again

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Now have to sweat out Swift, Bradberry and Goedert

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wonder how much money America's healthcare system made because of the last 2 minutes of that game

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

For the first 58 minutes we watched a great football game between 2 very good teams, but then the last 2 minutes was just weapons-grade clownball

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Not that it matters really, game of inches and all, but I've seen balls like that go 99 yards the other way. Close play all around

edit: I think he's short because the ball was out maybe a 0.5s quicker than it should've been due to the pass rush and he just didn't quite get up field in time

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 6, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

They’re legal if they’re close enough to the line of scrimmage but I can’t remember what the threshold is.
1 yard from the LOS and prior to a pass being thrown

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nobody likes working with an rear end in a top hat especially when things aren't going well

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYqwZRVQ6eg

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dak doesn't suck but there seems to be a hard ceiling with him

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They should play the Giants more often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck