Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also e1 bailu has a small niche as her healing gives some energy (and her e4 damage bonus seems like it might make her fairly strong but i havent seen any calcs done with it), but yeah she's mostly just a slightly better natasha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The saddest thing I can say about her is she isn't meaningfully different at E6. Like she has by far some of the weakest progression of any character in the game. She's just...slightly better at doing some things. There's no "Ooooh, ahhhh" transformative stuff in there. There's not even solid mediocrity. There's a bunch of numbers that don't really give you much at all.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I have every sustain except Huo Huo. Bailu is the only one I've never put any real effort into. She's level 60 for standard passes, and that's it.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

The faction of Enigmata worshippers that gets mentioned most regularly are the History Fictionologists, who make it their mission to obscure or falsify any objective records and thus destroy the concept of a singular truth. Apparently they're considered as dangerous as the Antimatter Legion for their destruction of culture, truth, and reality itself.
Staring directly into the CCP censors' eyes, just daring them to say something.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I use Bailu and Fu Xuan for MoC sustains and she's fine. Can keep people alive, usually, and when she can't she's got the rez. I haven't cleansed a debuff since Fu Xuan came out and replaced Natasha, and honestly I haven't noticed.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 28, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
haven't used any abundence in forever
i just make do with either Fu Xuan or Gepard

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I was doing calyxes for Acheron and wasn't paying attention, I'd just tab in and hit continue when the noise stopped. Had my team set as Gepard and Jingliu with no healer. Came back to Bronya and Pela at 1 hp from JL's drain and a couple achievements.

Meiteron posted:

Public service announcement for people who haven't started the MSQ yet, they forgot to add the following to the cutscene early on once you go back to the golden hour so I'm doing hoyo a solid and doing it for them

I wish I'd pay more attention to this, I started the story late and finally had to call it a night when it gave me control of Aventurine. Though I guess I could have also bailed when it asks you to run around talking to March and crew.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

FractalSandwich posted:

Staring directly into the CCP censors' eyes, just daring them to say something.

It’s my understanding Jean and Mona have worse costumes now because of government intervention so I’m not really sure what you mean

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
this Adventurine focus part just shows that the IPC is great.

also thank god for the instant 'do it again' for assignments QOL addition.

any other QoL stuff they add?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I dunno Jade seems like an irredeemable piece of poo poo tbh

gorgeous though

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Do stat boosting items not work for trials? Tried looking it up but I can't find confirmation one way or another. story spoiler I'm having trouble surviving the second phase of the fight against Aventurine and it doesn't seem like the defense boosting item works. Otherwise I think I'm stuck on this fight until I can grind better gear.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It's so wild to me that so many people have had problems with that fight that they had to nerf it in a patch. I basically sleptwalked through it. Fu Xuan good, I guess.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kyrosiris posted:

It's so wild to me that so many people have had problems with that fight that they had to nerf it in a patch. I basically sleptwalked through it. Fu Xuan good, I guess.

The big issue is almost definitely that basically no healer or shielder can pass the dice roll, so they absolutely have to be able to tank the damage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lord_Magmar posted:

The big issue is almost definitely that basically no healer or shielder can pass the dice roll, so they absolutely have to be able to tank the damage.

Fair. Makes me sad I can't redo it because I wonder if my Gepard could've dealt with it.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

padijun posted:

It’s my understanding Jean and Mona have worse costumes now because of government intervention so I’m not really sure what you mean
I mean it takes balls to write that kind of satire, under the circumstances.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it is not actually illegal to write extremely veiled criticism of the government in china, especially when it takes place in a completely fictional world (and the characters have nothing to do with the chinese-stand in planet)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also they arent actually any kind of government body

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also you could argue what theyre doing is the opposite of what the chinese government is doing

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kyrosiris posted:

Fair. Makes me sad I can't redo it because I wonder if my Gepard could've dealt with it.

I finished the fight with only Argenti and Huohuo alive of my team. It's a nasty one imo at least relative to how story versions of fights usually feel.

Funnily enough if I'd done what I normally do, which is run the fireblazer with a healer for story enjoyment purposes, he probably would've survived too.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I ran my Huohuo/Kafka/Black Swan/Asta party and only Swan died, I got lucky with that I guess!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The AOE requirement caught me by surprise, especially given that the first round of dice game disabled your Ults. So I just blew Gallagher/Kafka/Black Swan's Ults ASAP in the second phase... and then the second dice game happened :v:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Endorph posted:

it is not actually illegal to write extremely veiled criticism of the government in china, especially when it takes place in a completely fictional world (and the characters have nothing to do with the chinese-stand in planet)

Is it illegal to write Winnie the Pooh stories in China?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My name is based in part on a chinese censorship meme from a decade and a half ago and I'm pretty sure no one loving did anything about it or cared.

Now days you are more likely to attract attention from chinese hard core nationalist than the government for doing lame western style " internet counterculture/activism"

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 28, 2024

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Is it possible to get to 170 stickers in this patch? I got all the ones for Ch. 12 13 14 and am at 165.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Apparently they've patched in the VERY IMPORTANT missing dialogue from the end of the story so grats to those of you that didn't rush the story, I guess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

qbert posted:

Is it illegal to write Winnie the Pooh stories in China?
iunno, why dont you ride the winnie the pooh ride in shanghai disneyland while you think about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy3alxkbNPI

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Latest update from today says they "adjusted the combat difficulty" of the last mission. Guess too many people were dying on that final boss?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Milli posted:

Apparently they've patched in the VERY IMPORTANT missing dialogue from the end of the story so grats to those of you that didn't rush the story, I guess.

My natural inclination to wait until the last minute to do MSQs wins again

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

qbert posted:

Latest update from today says they "adjusted the combat difficulty" of the last mission. Guess too many people were dying on that final boss?

A lot of team comps are looking at taking at least 2 big hits of damage in the second half if not more if you got unlucky. I'm not super shocked they nerfed it because the boss can(could?) straight up delete people with not a lot you can do about it especially since it also siphons energy.

imweasel09 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 28, 2024

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
every relic i have for acheron has double crit. even izumo. every last one of them mid-to-high rolled into crit damage. so now i’m sitting here looking goofy as gently caress with a 25/227 crit build on her. she still does 250-300k+ with bs/kafka/sparkle, so i guess i have to just say “good enough”

feels stupid to farm for a crit rate body and i’m not getting baited by her e1 when aventurine and boothill are coming soon

i hate relics so much

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

MNSNTZR posted:

every relic i have for acheron has double crit. even izumo. every last one of them mid-to-high rolled into crit damage. so now i’m sitting here looking goofy as gently caress with a 25/227 crit build on her. she still does 250-300k+ with bs/kafka/sparkle, so i guess i have to just say “good enough”

feels stupid to farm for a crit rate body and i’m not getting baited by her e1 when aventurine and boothill are coming soon

i hate relics so much

i wish i had your problems

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

MNSNTZR posted:

i hate relics so much

I would absolutely just modeling resin up a crit rate chest there

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

qbert posted:

The second dice game is totally unfair, it needed nerfing

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

unless that's not part of what they nerfed if so then wut

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The History Fictionologists are pretty bad as a faction of Enigmata but the Riddlers are pretty awful too. Their goal is to obfuscate, deconstruct and tamper with language in order to make it impossible to communicate effectively so that the truth is impossible to convey.

This one is pretty relevant to real life too. Government censorship of language, organizational and corporate doublespeak, reactionary movements that coopt words and concepts (alpha, beta, a loving cartoon frog), political dogwhistles, the rapid intake and subsequent dilution of terms that formerly had very specific meaning (micro aggressions, oppression, x privilege, trigger, everyone has ADHD and anxiety), the entire institution of Twitter etc. It's harder and harder to just say something and have it mean what you literally said.

The Enigmata sucks.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Has anyone noticed Gallagher’s ult not working in auto combat? I’m going to try and find out where exactly it works and where it doesn’t but I just noticed on the lvl mat calyx his ult is not activating in auto mode. I know one some content it is working, but for things like the lvl mat calyx I usually don’t look at the game on auto, and when I glanced over I saw it wasn’t used and remained that way through several other 6 run autos there.

Is there a condition behind the scenes in auto that makes him use it vs. hold it? Auto is really dumb with auto ults on, for example using heavy hit ults when there is like one almost dead enemy left so I’m not sure why or what would cause Gallagher’s to just not activate at all.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Oh I guess I could have waited to do that fight. I ended up spending a lot of stamina to get some better relics and ended up winning before the update.

Oh well, I would have wanted to get these upgrades anyway, just sped it up a bit spending some of the fuel resource.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

silvergoose posted:

I would absolutely just modeling resin up a crit rate chest there

i am hoarding those for boothill and/or sunday if his rarity/difficulty to build ever gets determined anytime soon. every time i’ve used a modeling resin for crit, every substat was complete rear end and i need all the resin i can get to sift through the mounds of trash when the time comes

i’m just banking on the relic event at this point

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

rio posted:

Has anyone noticed Gallagher’s ult not working in auto combat? I’m going to try and find out where exactly it works and where it doesn’t but I just noticed on the lvl mat calyx his ult is not activating in auto mode. I know one some content it is working, but for things like the lvl mat calyx I usually don’t look at the game on auto, and when I glanced over I saw it wasn’t used and remained that way through several other 6 run autos there.

Is there a condition behind the scenes in auto that makes him use it vs. hold it? Auto is really dumb with auto ults on, for example using heavy hit ults when there is like one almost dead enemy left so I’m not sure why or what would cause Gallagher’s to just not activate at all.

He is likely using Healer AI which loves to hold the Ult till someone is low HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Excelzior posted:

I dunno Jade seems like an irredeemable piece of poo poo tbh

gorgeous though

I guess the joke from now on is that each new introduced Stoneheart will be worse than the last, while also being incredibly physically attractive.

Diamond will just be the literal avatar of dead-eyed soulless extractive corporate capitalism, but no one will care because he's a rippling beefcake of a silver fox.

librarerun fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 28, 2024