Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah but where's Topaz's delusion form??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

MadHat posted:

He is likely using Healer AI which loves to hold the Ult till someone is low HP.

Oh, that does make sense but poo poo for an Acheron team that isn’t really great since that’s his debuff trigger, especially built for frequent ults. Doesn’t really matter for a farming stage I guess but I’ll have to keep an eye on auto when it might be more impactful. I have him using Huohuo LC and between that and his skill the team is going to be topped up enough in a lot of fights that I wish he could just use his ult whenever it’s ready for Acheron ult consistency. In any case thanks for the info.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Eej posted:

Yeah but where's Topaz's delusion form??

I'm imagining something like Shadow Kaneshiro's Piggytron from P5

big Numby

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Is Numby also an IPC employee

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eej posted:

Numby is CFO

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Eej posted:

Yes, he has a salary and everything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this but with topaz and numby

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Someone said that black swan doesn’t have a physical body, but it cuts to her outside the dream talking to herself. What did I miss in the last quest?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

padijun posted:

Someone said that black swan doesn’t have a physical body, but it cuts to her outside the dream talking to herself. What did I miss in the last quest?

it's not that she doesn't or can't exist in the real world, but rather the transformation into a Memokeeper involved her shedding her physical body for one composed of memoria, like the Memory Bubbles or the raw memoria that was originally being extracted on Penacony when it was a penal colony

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

padijun posted:

The Garden of Recollection’s whole thing is that they give up their physical bodies to better cultivate memories for Fuli. It doesn’t mean she can’t leave the dreamscape, just that she isn’t quite… operating within the same rules as everyone else anymore.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Excelzior posted:

it's not that she doesn't or can't exist in the real world, but rather the transformation into a Memokeeper involved her shedding her physical body for one composed of memoria, like the Memory Bubbles or the raw memoria that was originally being extracted on Penacony when it was a penal colony

Ok, what the person said was she couldn’t have seen Acheron kill duke inferno/ifrit because she doesn’t have an actual body, so I assumed she couldn’t manifest irl. I just got to her part in the new quest and was completely confused

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I think it's the same thing as the garden people on the express. Not everyone can see her, etc.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I feel like them putting the most powerful character so far along with refreshing the double cash bundles is effective whale bait. It's just a couple hundred dollars for a real shot at that E2! :shepspends:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah Memokeepers have power over memory, so they can be "invisible" because they're actively deleting your memories of having seen them. Black Swan is a seer because with enough memories you can reconstruct a person or events and then follow the logical conclusion to predict the future.

That's probably why she had such a bad time in the Acheron trailer. Her past and memories have been swallowed up so Black Swan didn't know what she was walking into.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Chocobo posted:

I feel like them putting the most powerful character so far along with refreshing the double cash bundles is effective whale bait. It's just a couple hundred dollars for a real shot at that E2! :shepspends:

With bad luck it could be maybe even twice that though. It is really good bait - she is insanely strong at e2r1. If I wasn’t an HI3 nerd I’m not sure I would have done it since she’s already really strong without e2, and as units that are catered to her are released she’ll get even stronger. The team flexibility is really nice though - using Sparkle with her is really fun and it’s a very laid back team.

I’m wondering if they’re going to FOMO everyone by releasing ideal Acheron teammates that aren’t Nihility and get people pulling for eidolons on her rerun.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

How do people feel about Aventurine as a general sustain for someone not heavily invested in FUA? I’m in the market for a limited 5* sustain since I got Acheron so darn early and I’m weighing Luocha vs Aventurine, but my only real FUA partners for him are Ratio in MoC and Herta in PF. In all likelihood I’m sitting out any future banners until (this patch story spoiler) henshin girl drops so if I do pick one up in the next couple of months it’s going to be now.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Aventurine loving rules.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

padijun posted:

Ok, what the person said was she couldn’t have seen Acheron kill duke inferno/ifrit because she doesn’t have an actual body, so I assumed she couldn’t manifest irl. I just got to her part in the new quest and was completely confused

She's like an astral projection or whatever. Technically speaking she is a living meme and therefore only exists in the minds of those she allows to perceive her, but also magic.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sleng Teng posted:

How do people feel about Aventurine as a general sustain for someone not heavily invested in FUA? I’m in the market for a limited 5* sustain since I got Acheron so darn early and I’m weighing Luocha vs Aventurine, but my only real FUA partners for him are Ratio in MoC and Herta in PF. In all likelihood I’m sitting out any future banners until (this patch story spoiler) henshin girl drops so if I do pick one up in the next couple of months it’s going to be now.
Aventurine really wants follow-up attacks to stay skill point positive. If you're not planning for Robin or Topaz, you might be better with Luocha. He's almost as good of a skill point generator as Sparkle.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Sleng Teng posted:

Aventurine is great and I love him, but I'm also going to use him with Ratio+Topaz. Luocha is a lot more general purpose, since he is very SP positive and has a lot of utility (cleansing debuffs and purging enemy buffs). I've leaned on him pretty heavily since I got him on his first banner and he's my only limited 5* sustain. His main downside is that if your team is fragile he can't stop them from getting one-shot.

I'm not sure how much SP Aventurine will use if you use him outside of a follow-up team. He should keep everyone up just fine, but he'll have to use his skill more often. Shields are nice for preventing one-shots, though. Plus Aventurine is stylish, fun, and out of nowhere the most well-developed character in the game.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Aventurine does have some minor synergy with Kafka, since Kafka also does a follow-up attack per turn. But yeah, in the long run his optimal team is always gonna be a FUA team.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

blizzardvizard posted:

Aventurine does have some minor synergy with Kafka, since Kafka also does a follow-up attack per turn. But yeah, in the long run his optimal team is always gonna be a FUA team.

Now I want to go back to the Kafka and Topaz partnership. It was fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Aventurine is probably a better sustain than Luocha currently. The biggest weakness of Loucha is that he has just enough downtime that enemies like Meme that attack 2-3 times on a single target can kill the character.

His shields are good, refreshes on enough hits, and also is a sub-dps because he can be built for damage since he scales heavily off DEF and gives free crit rate.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Aventurine with zero FUA in a party will likely have to hit his skill once every 2-3 turns depending on incoming damage. Which is fine, because he has a stacking shield mechanic that allows his specific shield to stack up to 200% of the value of the amount given by his skill.

Aventurine with even just Kafka is enough to keep him skill positive for a pretty decent time though. Obviously the hardest things you can fight right now are the chest guardians but even with just Kafka it was pretty consistent at keeping his stacks going but it can also just be down to Ult luck.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

Aventurine really wants follow-up attacks to stay skill point positive. If you're not planning for Robin or Topaz, you might be better with Luocha. He's almost as good of a skill point generator as Sparkle.

Topaz has been on the list for a while, in fact being able to field an FUA team is a goal! Not familiar with Robins kit though, I’ll need to look that one up.

Genovera posted:

Aventurine is great and I love him, but I'm also going to use him with Ratio+Topaz. Luocha is a lot more general purpose, since he is very SP positive and has a lot of utility (cleansing debuffs and purging enemy buffs). I've leaned on him pretty heavily since I got him on his first banner and he's my only limited 5* sustain. His main downside is that if your team is fragile he can't stop them from getting one-shot.

I'm not sure how much SP Aventurine will use if you use him outside of a follow-up team. He should keep everyone up just fine, but he'll have to use his skill more often. Shields are nice for preventing one-shots, though. Plus Aventurine is stylish, fun, and out of nowhere the most well-developed character in the game.

Yeah in all honesty Aventurine is under consideration for being a lot of fun as a character because I initially wrote him off until getting to use a trial version, and even with just one FUA character he felt pretty good. I do want Topaz eventually though and my broader gameplay goal is to be able to field a decent team of every major “type”, so building towards FUA to join DoT and straightforward damage, even if it’s not fully up right now, is ok as well.

Of course Luocha is really good! I’d really like that cleanse and I have a shielder already in Gepard. He’s just kind of a dud character for me and that kind of matters a lot when they release so many characters that all seem pretty good regularly.

Tae posted:

Aventurine is probably a better sustain than Luocha currently. The biggest weakness of Loucha is that he has just enough downtime that enemies like Meme that attack 2-3 times on a single target can kill the character.

His shields are good, refreshes on enough hits, and also is a sub-dps because he can be built for damage since he scales heavily off DEF and gives free crit rate.

That’s a good point about Meme, I’ve always brought Gepard to that fight so I haven’t thought about that scenario much. And the shield refresh is really drat nice.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i didnt know you can, in fact, negiotiate with the Lordly Trashcan without being murdered by him

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Nihility healer / support when

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I only just finished Aventurine's part. I think the game actually sold me on Sunday. What the gently caress?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The game sells you on everyone

Well, maybe not Sparkle

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Inviting my friends to be the cardboard stand ins at the theme park is very wholesome, more of that please

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Well, maybe not Sparkle

Sparkle is awesome. I won't stand for this slander.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Eej posted:

Well, maybe not Sparkle

Yeah, even her insane power level wasn't enough to get me to pull on her because I hate her so much. I managed to avoid the temptation of power thankfully.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Nihility healer / support when

2.4 give or take a patch

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Eej posted:

Well, maybe not Sparkle

:wrong:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
So far I'm enjoying the Penacony story much more than either the Jarilo or Xianzhou stories. Both of those had some banger climactic moments near the end though, so I'm expecting the conclusion of the Penacony story to really blow me away.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Spent 50 fuel on relics and kind of came up with meh items. Sadface.

I typically run her with Black Swan, Pela, and a random sustain. How do I crack 300k damage? Keep grinding relics?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Silverwolf+Pela is how you get big damage because of how defense shred works in the game.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
E2 Acheron, E2 Sparkle for her 24%, Pela's 42% plus 16% from Sweaty LC is the ideal, I think. Who doesn't have an E2 Sparkle lying around and an E2 Acheron?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m playing 2.1 VERY slowly, just finished the Sunday / Aventurine stone sequence, and Penacony is definitely getting me hooked a thousand times better than msq Luofu since the intrigue is grounded in a lot more interaction. Penacony seems to have a lot more silly side detours that give the characters time to breathe and get to know them. Like yeah the Aventurine puzzle adventure was a bit of a stall but it gave a lot more airtime to him goofing off with Ratio as the grumpy straightman, which made Ratio turning on him land better as a dick move. Same with Firefly and the arcade date, whereas with Tingyun you barely (or at all?) spent time with her outside the main plot infodumping.

The thing that really surprised me was Welt squaring up with Acheron. I’ve seen a lot of random talking up about how Welt is meant to be some sort of impact 3rd badass that the main plot hasn’t really shown, and he seemed pretty weak around Phantylia. I wasn’t expecting him to go Liam Neeson and threaten to toss her in a black hole (whether or not it would work).

Also Duke Inferno was cool and I’m sad we didn’t get more of him before he got cut up into a relic set.

All my friends have finished and it’s hard to dodge spoilers in a lot of other places, but I needed to tell someone my slowpoke thoughts :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
same here, i'm doing like 30minutes or so of progress on the story each day, no rush.