Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm very torn on Boothill vs Topaz e1. I'm literally a 20 pull away with a guarantee, so I have no problem guaranteeing Jade. I'll make some impulsive decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Topaz E1 and Fu Xuan E3 for me then I guess. They know what they're doing. Those that skipped them would probably be tempted, especially for Fu Xuan anyway
Not too sure about Fu Xuan E3, boss. Everything of hers past E2 is basically a stone-cold blank.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Between Aventurine, Luocha, and Gallagher, Fu is pretty much on the bench for me. I'll break her out for mono Quantum, but I don't even use that team too often.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 24 days!)

i don't use healers anymore

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

Not too sure about Fu Xuan E3, boss. Everything of hers past E2 is basically a stone-cold blank.

I guess that's true.
Maybe I grab her LC then. I just have Texture of Memories on mine lol.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

I think Fu Xuan is still my go-to sustain. She's still so good. Still extremely happy with Aventurine though, and there's definitely teams/situations where I'd use Luocha or Gallagher.

I kinda wish I had Huohuo, but not enough that I'd roll for her on a rerun, I think.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Aventurine good, Fu Xuan great and battle tested, I'm still working on maxing Aventurine's traces so.... I really should never roll a sustain again because I also have Luocha and Huohuo.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I can already beat MoCs pretty comfortably with Luocha/Gepard/Gallagher, and even Natasha was good enough after I got her E4, and if I want to tryhard my cycle count more likely than not I'd just cut the sustain. So at this point I think it would take some really synergistic utility with my existing teams for me to pull a limited sustain, like if there's a sustain that also inflicts DoT or something.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Luocha's lc is actually really loving good if you're starved for speed like me. Gallagher has enough break effect and outgoing healing that he can use it, and he is good for Boothill if I choose him. Even at level 72 with a level 66 signature, Aventurine is just a skill point generator who keeps everyone alive indefinitely. Fu is great, but mine doesn't solve any of my problems, which all revolve around speed and damage. Maybe eidolons or her signature can help with that, but I'd rather pull a new character or make Topaz better. Sustain is solved unless a better DoT sustain than Huo Huo comes along.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Jade is very cool, and she is much more helpful to me than Firelfy. I already have Himeko and Topaz so Firefly is a tolerable skip for me. I've gotten into the habit of getting the signature cones for my 5* characters, and that might mean I need to skip Robin's cone in favor of Jade's. If I get lucky I might be able to grab all of them, which is fun to think about I guess. I think they've done a great job recently, Boothill and Robin being a "sleepy" patch is pretty great, all of the recent characters have been very fun and cool and it's hard to skip them.

Also fingers crossed that Jade ends up as charming and well written as the other two Stonehearts. I changed my mind about Aventurine and Topaz after they got some story content and it might be fun to collect all the characters of one faction.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

apparently firefly e1 lets her implant fire weakness so, i guess im going to e1

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

implant the next meta wave

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

god I hope she's in the last half but I'm pretty sure it's going to be in the first half

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they post the chars in order, yeah. so firefly first half jade second

GateOfD posted:

implant the next meta wave
with the new boss mode it kinda makes sense to make silver wolf less metadefining

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum sparkle was a taste. So all same elemental/implant assist teams is the next thing they're gonna try to bait people into forming.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

A real implant like Silver Wolf's, or a fake one like Boothill's that doesn't come with reduced RES?

I guess it would make sense to limit real ones to Nihility.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

A real implant like Silver Wolf's, or a fake one like Boothill's that doesn't come with reduced RES?

I guess it would make sense to limit real ones to Nihility.
i think it reduces res but these are early kit leaks so im not 100%

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

i think it reduces res but these are early kit leaks so im not 100%
Spicy if true.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Currently the E1 implant doesn't say it reduces RES. She also has an implant that does reduce RES on her technique, but it only lasts a couple of turns and wouldn't work against the second wave.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I don't think SW is very meta defining at all. Her usage rate has gone down as more dps options in other elements have been released. She'll jump up when they add the Boss mode simply because she has very good single target debuffs outside of Weakness implant.

Bad Video Games posted:

I'm very torn on Boothill vs Topaz e1. I'm literally a 20 pull away with a guarantee, so I have no problem guaranteeing Jade. I'll make some impulsive decision.

Do you want a new experience or do you want number go up. 50% cdmg to FUA is a lot but in the end it's just bigger number.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

That outfit and hat is awesome. Need. Just imagining a team of Ratio, Topaz, Adventurine, and Jade as a constant hail of followup attacks.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

That outfit and hat is awesome. Need. Just imagining a team of Ratio, Topaz, Adventurine, and Jade as a constant hail of followup attacks.
Ten minutes of animations just to kill a single bat.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

looking forward to my E6 Silver Wolf after she gets 3 more rerun banners

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
My entire account is basically dedicated to making as sick a follow-up attack team as I possibly can, but I can manage to hold off on Robin even with her fitting the theme because I have basically every good support that's been released so far.

Jade, though--- Jade, I absolutely need to get if she ends up being as good as her leaked kit implies. Which will be rough because I've blown every single pull asset I have on the current banner to get both Aventurine and Jingliu. (I also have Blade and Luocha, an E6 Pela who is her best friend, and nobody as reasonable ice damage beyond her and Herta, so she fits my roster and fills a huge need)

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 24, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you skip all of 2.2 then Jade will be in the back half of 2.3 for you. That's like 11 weeks of saving starting now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Silver Wolf should be amazing in the boss mode, especially if they can figure out some kind of workaround for the problem of having to reset all of your debuffs every time you deplete a boss HP bar.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Eej posted:

If you skip all of 2.2 then Jade will be in the back half of 2.3 for you. That's like 11 weeks of saving starting now.
That's the plan. Will be rough to pass up the chance to get E1 Topaz, but I'll live.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kanos posted:

Silver Wolf should be amazing in the boss mode, especially if they can figure out some kind of workaround for the problem of having to reset all of your debuffs every time you deplete a boss HP bar.

That's a feature though. It's so each phase starts clean.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I have a hot take: Dr. Ratio's follow up attack can happen even after phase transition, so if Seele activates her Resurgence killing the last enemy in a wave, she should get an extra turn to start the next phase

Buff Seele

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Eej posted:

That's a feature though. It's so each phase starts clean.

I'm perfectly aware that it's a feature, I just think it's a stupid feature that is needlessly harsh towards specific character types. Buffs and form changes and such don't get wiped during phase transitions, so it seems unnecessarily punitive that debuffs do.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's cause debuffs are substantially stronger than buffs. That's why people stack SW + Pela for like 110% def down.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

I don't think SW is very meta defining at all. Her usage rate has gone down as more dps options in other elements have been released. She'll jump up when they add the Boss mode simply because she has very good single target debuffs outside of Weakness implant.

Do you want a new experience or do you want number go up. 50% cdmg to FUA is a lot but in the end it's just bigger number.

My larger concern is whether I feel Boothill's cone is necessary. Not having Ruan Mei means I have to work harder for any break focused character. Guaranteeing Boothill and Jade is trivial, but it's a little less assured if I go for the signature.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bad Video Games posted:

My larger concern is whether I feel Boothill's cone is necessary. Not having Ruan Mei means I have to work harder for any break focused character. Guaranteeing Boothill and Jade is trivial, but it's a little less assured if I go for the signature.

It's very very very difficult but not technically impossible to hit his 300% BE breakpoint without his cone. But there are no BE Hunt cones aside from his.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I'll probably try a few pulls for Robin, skip Boothill, skip Firefly, and wait to see if Ruan Mei gets a rerun in 2.3 or 2.4 before pulling for Jade. I'm more interested in which 4*s and which reruns will run alongside them; if anyone has Xueyi I'll throw some extra tickets at them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

his cone is extremely, extremely unnecessary, he works great with a lot of the f2p hunt lightcones. 300% break effect isnt a 'breakpoint,' its the cap.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's not a cap at all. You can go past 300% if you want and he'll keep doing more and more damage. He just doesn't get crit/cdmg anymore which only affects 10-20% of his total overall damage anyway (depending on the size of enemy toughness bar).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Maybe I'll just grab Topaz's signature and Boothill and just get Jade. Sounds simple.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also hitting 300% is pretty easy even without his lightcone and ruan mei.

traces: 37%
thief of shooting meteor: 32%
talia: 36%
break effect rope: 65%

you are already halfway there

e4 harmony trailblazer:

quote:

Dove in Tophat

Increases the Break Effect of all allies except the Trailblazer.
The increase is equal to 15% of the Trailblazer's Break Effect plus 30%.

if you get trailblazer to just 100% break effect (memories of the past is a 4* harmony lightcone that increases break effect so this is easy) this is 45%. you're already at 215%. getting 85% through substats isnt that hard if it's the only thing you're checking for. ofc if you have a lot of break effect thief pieces you've junked in the past, uh, rip.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 24, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Harmblazer E4 was changed to just 15% of TB's BE, so that's an extra 30% you gotta make up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The 30% was moved to his Ult, and lasts 3 turns. On a character that Ults....fairly easily.