Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

drat rip.

to be fair 100% is also super lowballing hatblazer since theyd also be prioritizing break effect probably.

i also forgot that you could run hatblazer on watchmaker, which gives you the 30% back.

edit: oh, it was just moved to the ult? nvm then. thats just 55% you have to get through substats then, counting watchmaker, which is actually super easy and not just 'very possible.' a break effect substat roll is 5-6.5% so thats just what, 8-10ish rolls of it?

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Are we getting Harmony TB in 2.2 along with Boothill?

How hard would it be to hit 300% BE without them?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

qbert posted:

Are we getting Harmony TB in 2.2 along with Boothill?

How hard would it be to hit 300% BE without them?
harmony trailblazer should be 2.2, yeah. thats why they havent announced a 4* for 2.2, harmony trailblazer is taking that slot.

much harder, assuming you're also excluding ruan mei. you'd need basically every piece to roll into break effect and nothing else, with only a couple speed rolls so you can activate talia. theoretically possible, but you'd need basically the perfect relics. youd also still need to run him with a harmony for watchmaker, but past ruan mei and harmony trailblazer the other harmonies are just sort of decent for him without fully supporting what his kit is about.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Don't stress about hitting exactly 300% BE, just get as much as you can. Just look at any video of Boothill and he's doing like 30k on Aventurine MoC with Fan the Hammer and then the break damage + break arm cannon + break damage from Harmblazer ult is doing 550k none of which crits or is modified by Atk.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm thinking Hatblazer, Gallagher, Bronya, Boothill. Gives me a reason to keep using Bronya, doubles Boothill's output, and Gallagher is a budget Ruan Mei. I have 2 complete Thief sets, a Physical Talia orb, and a Break Effect rope. I'm also slamming the Watchmaker cavern 3 times a day to get Ratio out of his lovely Imaginary set. If I win and grab Topaz's lc relatively early, Boothill can use my S5 Swordplay.

That's if Topaz even reruns. I try not to put my hopes in rerun leaks after last patch.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Swordplay doesn't really do much for him aside from just base stats. If you want Boothill just grab him, just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OPNmBDHUkI

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's just my best 4 star cone. Cruising and Subscribe don't seem like they'd be useful on him.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 24 days!)

who would have thought, what i was missing in my life was dancing trailblazer

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

So wait, are people telling me I want thief set for harmblazer? The set I mulch on sight?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thief set for any breaker. Silverwolf, Luka, Gallagher, and Boothill. You want the Watchmaker set for Hatblazer, and probably Ruan Mei.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Probably shouldn't have been mulching. 2.x is the version where they're pulling us out of the cleave Destruction (and Qingque) meta by focusing more on DoT, FUA and now Break Effect teams.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

apparently firefly e1 lets her implant fire weakness so, i guess im going to e1

let's loving gooooo

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Dazerbeams posted:

So wait, are people telling me I want thief set for harmblazer? The set I mulch on sight?

You can use Watchmaker too, and there's gonna be another BE set coming in probably 2.3 that lets you ignore some % of DEF depending on your BE

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

blizzardvizard posted:

there's gonna be another BE set coming in probably 2.3 that lets you ignore some % of DEF depending on your BE

Well my Silver Wolf's ears just perked up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dazerbeams posted:

why were you mulching it on sight? if you get a really good piece of it theres no harm in keeping it around, the return for mulching per piece is pitiful and you have a ton of inventory space. i keep like, defense/flat defense/crit rate/crit dmg pieces just in case there's a defense scaling damage dealer some day. (not aventurine i mean an actual main dps)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I keep stuff like a healing boost chest piece with double crit substats, just in case

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Honestly I've been keeping every non-boot that rolls Speed because some characters literally just want to go 160+ and nothing else cough Pela

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
In HSR, keeping good pieces is much stronger and recommended than in Genshin. HSR 4 piece bonuses are for the most part not actually stronger than a piece with 30% crit dmg and 10% crit rate.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hoyo PLEASE drip some no-name 4* tonight and not Screwllum I couldn't bear it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

4*s in this game are mostly pretty good even post-launch so i dont really get the hair pulling about it. the worst post-launch 4*s are, what, an okay dps (misha) and a couple of niche supports (hanya, yukong?) its not like this is genshin where they drop whoppers like kaveh and freminet on you.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I mulch a lot of relics to keep the list manageable and because I can use the resources now. I've gotten quite a few upgrades from synthesizing relics.

I do keep pieces that are potential upgrades for known projects, have desirable main stats like speed, or have pretty good substats. The substats depend on the set-- I know set bonuses are less important than substats but mismatched sets make me sad. If I'm not sure I just think "how hard would it be to get this piece again if I actively farmed for it".

I use a break effect build on my Silver Wolf, so I definitely take a close look at any Thief pieces I get from Echoes of War.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The worst thing to be as a 4* is a DPS, because a cracked E6 4* DPS is usually equal to an ok geared E0 5* DPS. There's a couple of exceptions like Herta is uniquely good compared to everyone else in her niche but you are kind of fed her Eidolons anyway.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I mean the 4*s are generally still noticeably weaker than the 5*s. Like they're not all uniformly bad but being a 5* is a safer bet that Mihoyo is gonna make them strong, many 5*s got their numbers and mechanics constantly pushed during the beta to make them sell while they're more conservative with the 4*s. Hanya even got nerfed, presumably so she doesn't step on Sparkle's toes. Preferrably I'd rather use the characters I want to use because they're also my best characters mechanically and not just because I like them.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

They posted the daily fanart post instead of a drip, while they posted them after Firefly and Jade's drip the past 2 days.

...Are we not getting a 4* for 2.3 either?

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
IMO, the worst sets to farm are support sets like Messenger or Broken Keel, simply because so many characters want those sets, and they all have different stats they want to prioritize. Makes it harder to know what to mulch, compared to DPS sets where its pretty obvious if a piece is completely garbage or not.

Just an example: Oh look, Messenger Speed Boots with Def%, BE, and EHR. Not what I need for my Hanya, but maybe a future character or some hybrid SW build wants this? Who knows!

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Firefly e1 being implant is loving awesome and means I don’t have to consider too hard whether or not I should get it (compared to bait at e2 instead). Main thing now is if I have to skip Robin, or if I should stop fishing for JL and just hard save until she releases.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

They posted the daily fanart post instead of a drip, while they posted them after Firefly and Jade's drip the past 2 days.

...Are we not getting a 4* for 2.3 either?

maybe they consider hatblazer for 2.2 and march 7th's alternate form for 2.3

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If it's got 2 flat stats it's safe to toss unless it's like speed or double crit and you believe in the Gaithra Triclops

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Even with her nerfs, it just turned Hanya from a 5* at e0 to a 5* at e6. I really like her in my DHIL and Seele teams. Though I also adore her design, alongside Xueyi. I would probably be happier if they weren't 4*s so they had more of a power budget but they didn't skimp animations/appeal wise at least.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hanya is extremely underrated, especially in this thread. She's one of the few 4 stars who doesn't need any of her eidolons to be good. As long as you have another sp positive support, she allows you to spend 3 skill points every turn without penalty.

I'm starting to think Misha is pretty underrated as well, as long as he's e2.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Endgame content is getting tanky enough that I think it's fair to say that Misha is just Rated. It's hard for 4* DPS out here.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm going mostly on theory and numbers with Misha, but I will be building him to find out. 26-36% free defense shred when wearing the Genius set means he might actually be good against Aventurine and in the new endgame mode. We'll see.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, tomorrow is triple relic drops. Hopefully, I can get Ratio out of his last remaining Imaginary piece because it sucks.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

SW still needs a 5 star chest :smith:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Here's how Ratio looks currently. The new set I'm building has mostly been a sidegrade at best, but at least his crit and speed haven't lowered, and his crit damage has actually gone up a slight bit. His Izumo set actually has better stats than an equivalent Salsotto set. I'm tempted to grind one out for Topaz, not Sparkle, but I'm afraid it would be worse on her.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 25, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

Endgame content is getting tanky enough that I think it's fair to say that Misha is just Rated. It's hard for 4* DPS out here.
misha is pretty good into this current cycle of MoC

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
I just got my E1 Misha leveled up. I need to still trace him out, but he seems.... okay? His ult is good and is a reliable source of freeze, but he's squishy right now.

Aventurine is a permanent staple of my teams, now. Though, for tough fights, I sometimes drop in Gallagher for a bit of heal.

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.

Endorph posted:

like, ultimately: if firefly was a handsome boy we went on that same date with, would you feel the same way?

Not the original poster, but I kinda get the dissatisfaction. I like Firefly as a character, the date was charming and all of her scenes were good. But, I also looked at a bunch of characters coming up and Sam stuck out as a cool robot dude I was interested in. Him being firefly isn't, like, a downgrade or any bad reflection on her as a character. But the character now does have a very different vibe than what I was originally interested in. Especially since, from what people have said, the animations are going to be a lot different than what was shown in the boss fight.

Firefly being a girl isn't an issue, and if she was a handsome anime boy mech pilot I'd feel the same way. The character's different now. Not worse, just different.

Edit: Oh no, I didn't realize how long this tab was open and the thread moved a lot. Death becomes me.

The Happy Hyperbole fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 25, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I feel the same way. I was spoiled on Firefly before 2.0, so I never had any real interest in Sam. Maybe if it was piloted by Pom Pom. I just want to walk around as an actual robot, not pilot a mech or call on Svarog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I was spoiled about firefly before 2.0, but I actively gaslit myself into thinking it was a fake leak and only actually bought that Sam was Firefly during the talk with Acheron when Sam says he's jealous of her

But I'm just built different