Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Tingyun's atk cap is 2500 which is super easy to reach without any extra help

It'd be good if you're struggling to reach the cap or if you need more defensive gear on her. It's definitely not her best option, but it's far from the worst.

I'm probably going to try it out on Hanya when I finish building her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I'm glad that Xueyi is with Robin, since I want both. Boothill I can totally skip, since I have Pela e6, Hook e6, and Luka e5.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why are pela and luka on every banner. yukong hasnt been on a banner for like 200 days.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Endorph posted:

why are pela and luka on every banner. yukong hasnt been on a banner for like 200 days.

Motherhood is exhausting.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

To make long time players spend rolls for the 5* they want but get (effectively) nothing from it on the way there. I mean I know the question was rhetorical but there you go.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

No, it's fine. I still need e4 Pela.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I am very impressed with your Sampo.

My most used item is Trash which makes sense since I don't use consumables but there were a bunch of Trash and low HP achievements I wanted to do. Still...a bit too on the nose.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 26, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Asimo posted:

To make long time players spend rolls for the 5* they want but get (effectively) nothing from it on the way there. I mean I know the question was rhetorical but there you go.

yeah but they could also give us like herta, arlan, natasha, etc and those would do the same thing

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Asimo posted:

does anyone actually want yukong though?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Endorph posted:

yeah but they could also give us like herta, arlan, natasha, etc and those would do the same thing

But those are bad units (edit: well, Herta's better now due to Pure Fiction I guess). Pela is legitimately great and Luka has synergy with Boothill by retriggering Boothill's break damage.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I have e6 Yukong, but I haven’t used her since I stopped trying to make Welt a dps around December. I really should try yo use her more. She basically solves poo poo relic problems. Maybe I'll try her on team IPC once I get Topaz's lc.

Edit: Yukong is probably very good against that loving meme dinosaur. Every second turn she doubles her own attack and break on basic.

Herta will never appear on a banner. I just wish I would pull her. Mine's stuck at e5 because of Sim U.

Also, why no 4 star drip for 2.3? Does that mean we're getting March's new form then?

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 26, 2024

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Today's triple Caverns let me get Jingliu enough speed to go before Bronya and she's so good. I could have slowed Bronya down, but the same pieces that give her speed also give a bunch of crit damage, and it would feel bad downgrading her stuff like that. Jingliu started with some mediocre hand-me-downs from Yanqing, so she needed better relics anyway. Hopefully I'll get more upgrades in the next few days.

At this point I could field three MoC12 capable teams simultaneously if I needed to:
Dr Ratio / Topaz / Silver Wolf / Aventurine
Kafka / Black Swan / Asta / Gepard
Jingliu / Blade / Luocha / Bronya

I also have a few other built characters, those are just teams I could make with no compromise/overlap. Clara, Lynx, and Tingyun are a good trio but ideally would want Topaz.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want to save for Sam but Topaz?!?!?!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

I want to save for Sam but Topaz?!?!?!

https://twitter.com/kitoodles/status/1783865511954288806

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guess i'm going to throw a couple of 10s at the Topaz banner because Hannya and Xueyi are my only missing 4*s. Would probably have rather tried my luck at Boothills but 2 of the 4*s there are the only ones I already have at E6 and it doesn't seem worth it.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I just upgraded an ice orb for Jingliu that has flat hp, flat atk, effect hit rate, and speed. I thought there was no way it would be any good so I did 3 levels at a time and it got 4/5 upgrades on speed, lol

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's kind of helpful that Boothill's banner has Pela. I really want her e4, and I might end up finally building Luka as well.

I think Robin is going to be absolutely cracked in Pure Fiction. I'm sure in a month I'll be posting about feeling punished for not having her. She's just so bland.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

LOOK AT MY REPORT

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Bad Video Games posted:

It's kind of helpful that Boothill's banner has Pela. I really want her e4, and I might end up finally building Luka as well.

I think Robin is going to be absolutely cracked in Pure Fiction. I'm sure in a month I'll be posting about feeling punished for not having her. She's just so bland.

Even though I should probably just save what little I have for Jade, I think I'll just dump what I have trying for Robin. Xueyi cons are always in demand.

I'll have to wipe out my shop currency, which means I can't buy the Bronya LC for my e1 Bronya, which will make my shiny new Jingliu sad, but oh well. She can suboptimal with Ratio's debuff set with 159 speed Sparkle and e5 Pela for the foreseeable future, I doubt it's that big a DPS loss overall.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
do we know what materials robin and boothill use? i assume they'll use the new boss materials and i'm honestly tired of fighting the big bug for those past evils of the borehole. robin will most likely use the same harmony mats that sparkle used but do we know boothill?

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Daner T posted:

do we know what materials robin and boothill use? i assume they'll use the new boss materials and i'm honestly tired of fighting the big bug for those past evils of the borehole. robin will most likely use the same harmony mats that sparkle used but do we know boothill?

Bizarrely, Boothill uses the new weekly, but Robin still uses the bug's.

Boothill will probably use new trace mats and Robin the ones Sparkle uses.

I think both of them use a new Stagnant Shadow mat.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Robin uses the space bug. Boothill uses the new Sunday boss. Hatblazer probably needs Sunday as well. And there's a new calyx for Hunt, but I'm not sure if there's a new Stagnant Shadow. I can't remember.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

librarerun posted:

Bizarrely, Boothill uses the new weekly, but Robin still uses the bug's.

Boothill will probably use new trace mats and Robin the ones Sparkle uses.

I think both of them use a new Stagnant Shadow mat.

It's probably so people don't feel pressed to rush the entire story quest or spoil themselves on the final fight just to raise their Robin

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, it's not really bizarre. I'd be pissed if I pulled a character day 1 but had to do 10 hours of story before I could use them.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Early Access Stagnant Shadow is fine it's just an elite from the new area but it's like if you pulled Acheron day 1 and you immediately have to fight Aventurine in a new outfit and he's throwing dice and poo poo at you just to uncap her.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Are you referring to “Harmonious Choir” The Great Septimus? “Harmonious Choir” The Great Septimus is the new weekly boss right? I distinctly recall them repeatedly saying the boss's entire title (“Harmonious Choir” The Great Septimus) during the livestream.

I was not aware that is Sunday.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I think it's a good assumption but I don't think if it's been confirmed. And if it has, don't confirm that confirmation thanks

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Enthralpy (the animator that does a bunch of Genshin animations, including the Genshin VA Among Us videos) just uploaded a video where they switch around Sam and Firefly, and it includes audio from a Twitter thread where Sam and Firefly's VAs read some of each other's lines:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8hL4TGWTgI

Thread: https://twitter.com/AnalesaFisher/status/1779962204051390892

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

Are you referring to “Harmonious Choir” The Great Septimus? “Harmonious Choir” The Great Septimus is the new weekly boss right? I distinctly recall them repeatedly saying the boss's entire title (“Harmonious Choir” The Great Septimus) during the livestream.

I was not aware that is Sunday.

Just a guess. It sounded like his voice in the choir hall before the boss fight, but I might be mistaken on that. I try to avoid story leaks, so I don't know any more than what we saw in the stream.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 27, 2024

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Goons Resist the Urge to Spoil Unreleased Story Content Challenge (Impossible!)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the new echo of war boss is gonna drop the follow-up attack set and watchmaker instead of thief and cowboy

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

A bit late but thanks everyone for the Eidolon advice. I ended up pulling for E4 Gallagher after finishing the monster bartending anime. Then after receiving the 10 pull in the mail, I followed the wisdom of our favorite degenerate gambler and rolled them to get E6 Lynx anyway. The chance, no matter how small, the potential is what you hang onto. That's what justifies the gamble!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Endorph posted:

also the new echo of war boss is gonna drop the follow-up attack set and watchmaker instead of thief and cowboy

Oh that's neat. I've already gotten way too many good Grand Duke pieces while farming for Prisoner but being able to just passively improve my Ruan Mei's relics over time would be nice.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'm gonna have so many gems ready for sammy

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Genovera posted:

I'm glad that Xueyi is with Robin, since I want both. Boothill I can totally skip, since I have Pela e6, Hook e6, and Luka e5.

gently caress they put Robin first? I was planning on seeing what I had saved by phase 2 and weigh how much Firefly e1s1 might take vs. how much I had saved to decide if I could swing Robin. I’m feeling the squeeze. I’ve been tempted to put the crystals I had saved into JL too…this is a rough time since I didn’t want to refresh (much) after using the shop bonuses for Acheron.

Also I didn’t screenshot it (it crashed and put me back at the start of the event) but HuoHuo was my most used unit by far, and Topaz was my most shared and made me a significant chunk of change.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

rio posted:

gently caress they put Robin first?

Yeah she was posted first.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

yeah they've been consistent about that

this also means we'll get Firefly first and then Jade in the back half of 2.3

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Day 2 of triple drops. Not a single pair of speed boots for the diver set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

same but healer