Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Now you’re just pouring salt in the wound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Day 4. 1 speed boot. With crit rate, and 2 flat subs. :negative:

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

The option in the new PF to make the special attack trigger off number of follow up attacks was very funny with a Aventurine/Clara/Topaz team. Never stop following up.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This is the first Pure Fiction I haven't managed to 80k, I'm currently stuck at 77k. Usually I've been able to just brute force it with the right buff/team setup but the current buff lineup seems pretty rough if you don't actually have FUA characters built.

This might be what's gonna actually get me to build Herta?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Clara + March 7th can basically handle a side by themselves, its kind of ridiculous

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

personally this PF looked too similar to the previous one so I just slapped some teams together and full auto'd it

only 60k but it's enough :shrug:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm coming to hate Pure Fiction with a passion.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Whew this one took a little to 80k

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Huh, that's extremely similar to my teams. Except I had Aventurine instead of Tingyun and also didn't max out that side, but I don't care enough to do so.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clutched this one first try. Easiest Pure Fiction in a while for me. Only 60k, but I only care about the max rewards.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, this Pure Fiction is so hard. I'm struggling a lot.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The first side being 40 apes and a Bronya. Basically, can you kill them before anyone takes their turn? No? You're hosed

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I can barely hit 40k. I can't fathom how I'd possibly 3-star this with my current roster, much less get a full clear.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Pure Fiction is so dependent on the gimmick. On the previous set I'm stuck at 10*. This time I easily got 12* thanks to my highly invested single target FUA team. My underinvested Himeko/Herta didn't do too well on the first half, but I got 40k on the second side using Ratio/Topaz/Kafka/Aventurine. Normally Kafka wouldn't be on that team but she provided extra FUA. It feels weird to have a team with two hunts perform so well in the AOE mode just because they want to sell Aventurine (and Topaz, soon).

It worked in my favor this time, but PF feels like it pushes the current limited characters more than MoC and I don't like it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

i think i'm picking the wrong blessing most of the time in FP

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't think I understood the mechanic very well.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Clarste posted:

I don't think I understood the mechanic very well.

By default, the total damage you do with FUA is counted up, and when it's built up enough, AoE damage is triggered. But, if you take the first buff option, the AoE damage is triggered every time you do three FUA. So that's really good for Topaz, because her basic/skill counts as one FUA and Numby provides another.

Even though my FUA team is single target, they can trigger the effect so many times that it kills all the adds anyway.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

GateOfD posted:

i think i'm picking the wrong blessing most of the time in FP

Each blessing is definitely for different teams. IPC team is going to want Examination since their FUA are so frequent. Herta / Himeko will benefit more from spamming Ultimates with Extrapolation, and non FUA teams can work with Reductio Ad Absurdem, although I've only tried it with my Kafka / Acheron teams.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I did Herta, Himeko, Topaz, and Gallagher for the first half. Ratio, Kafka, Aventurine, and Clara for the second. I didn't really pay attention to the buffs. I ended up with 63k total.

More characters to grind more poo poo for. I just wonder if Herta and Himeko want to stay in the ice and fire sets?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

i kept crashing during this FP.

Got 80k on 3rd stage

4th stage.
for 40k in part 1
but only 30k on part 2 because only electric DPS i have is Serval

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just completely ignored the FUA bonuses and still 80k PF on full-auto. Acheron is slightly broken.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Okay, I'm completely done with farming Salsotto. 2 months straight and I have nothing but trash.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
if i knew it took running dual harmony for e6 aventurine to do serious damage on diver, i would have… probably still not done the set up, it feels kinda goofy

Bad Video Games posted:

Clutched this one first try. Easiest Pure Fiction in a while for me. Only 60k, but I only care about the max rewards.

same. acheron, kafka, guin and swan side 1, team ipc and sparkle side 2. put it on auto, made lunch and came back to 65k. good enough for me!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Dang I woulda saved myself some effort if I just moved Topaz down to the second side.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So if I want to build a support for damage, what's the best general planar set? I'm rebuilding Luocha, and sometimes he's on Team IPC and sometimes he's on Team DoT. Is the answer just the Luofu set from World 3?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bad Video Games posted:

So if I want to build a support for damage, what's the best general planar set? I'm rebuilding Luocha, and sometimes he's on Team IPC and sometimes he's on Team DoT. Is the answer just the Luofu set from World 3?
Either Fleet of the Ageless or Broken Keel, but if you use him with DoTs a lot Fleet of the Ageless is a slam dunk, DoT characters want more Attack than anything else

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Supports don't get enough multipliers for god relics to make them noteworthy dps. Your actual best bet is to wait next patch and either use your supports as carriers for Robin damage or build Break Effect to benefit from Harmblazer. These are much better ways of getting dps from them than crit stats on Luocha.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

Yeah go with Fleet of the Ageless. If he were only with Team IPC I'd say Broken Keel for the crit dmg, but attack is better for Team DoT.

edit:

Eej posted:

Supports don't get enough multipliers for god relics to make them noteworthy dps. Your actual best bet is to wait next patch and either use your supports as carriers for Robin damage or build Break Effect to benefit from Harmblazer. These are much better ways of getting dps from them than crit stats on Luocha.

Yeah what main stats are you planning to use here? Luocha isn't going to work well as a DPS and farming relics for that is a poor use of stamina that would be more effectively spent chasing even small upgrades to your actual DPS.

Genovera fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 29, 2024

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh this PF is laser-focused on destroying me for my lack of IPC, ouch.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bussamove posted:

Oh this PF is laser-focused on destroying me for my lack of IPC, ouch.

Im doing alright, but it is reminding me that I am a little bummed that I’m not going to be able to grab topaz next banner

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JT Jag, Eej, Genovera:

I'm mostly just bored and trying to figure out my next project. SW is in a good spot, as is Ratio. I've given up on grinding a better Planar set for Topaz. I've been hitting World 6 every week for months and have gotten complete poo poo out of the deal.

Maybe I'll stick with World 3 anyway. Both sets are actually good, unlike most of the others. I'd rather have Gallagher on the Ageless set if I can get decent enough break effect subs, and Kafka and Sampo don't mind SSS if they're better than what they have now.

I've built Luocha for damage before. It's mostly a meme, but it's funny when his ult hits for 12k per enemy. Like, I have crit sets just lying around not being used, mostly because I only keep gear on characters I actively use.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 29, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you have nothing to build right now, start grinding trace mats for Harmblazer. If you don't have anything to farm for in SU just start chipping away at Swarm or GnG. Or get a good Talia set for Harmblazer/Gallagher.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm only really focusing on my SU goals. I guess I do need Talia’s for Harmblazer and Boothill, so maybe that should be my focus.

Does anyone actually care about the IPC set? Is it useful for anyone at all?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

I'm only really focusing on my SU goals. I guess I do need Talia’s for Harmblazer and Boothill, so maybe that should be my focus.

Does anyone actually care about the IPC set? Is it useful for anyone at all?
I don't think it's best in slot for anyone, but it's certainly not *bad* for nihility characters, especially ones that both debuff and deal damage

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Black Swan most importantly.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mulva posted:

Black Swan most importantly.
Her and Welt are the best two fits for the IPC set I can think of

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

At least that gives me a reason to hold onto any extra pieces instead of trashing them. So many Belobog pieces just become xp.

And if I don't get a usable speed boot during this triple drop event, I'm going to scream. At least I have a few attack boots with decent subs. I can always put those on Ratio and pair him with Bronya or Sparkle or even Hanya.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
This was my easiest PF ever because I am all-in on FUA.

I highly recommend throwing March 7th in with an all FUA (whatever you've got) on one side.

Mine was barely traced, level 78 and I threw literally the most random smattering of whatever relics I had lying around that had any levels and she was still really helpful for triggering gimmick constantly (make sure to choose the blessing that triggers the big attack after every 3 FUA).

Side 1: Herta/Topaz/March7/Blade
Side 2: Aventurine/Clara/Ratio/JingYuan

screenshot of march's hilarious relic set up included because i'm amused

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Another endgame refresh, another day I cry in frustration that I don't have two Ruan Meis.

Without Ruan Mei, my half-built Himeko along with Herta and Topaz couldn't even break 20k. With her, and some luck, 40k.

Too bad my Kafka/BS team also wants Ruan Mei and feels awful without her! Barely cleared 20k on that side with Aventurine to try and take advantage of the Img weakness. Asta just feels awful as a support if there's no fire weakness.

Could not make Clara/Ratio/March work at all. Every team I tried with them performed even worse than the worst above.

edit: just remembered i had to cannibalize march's relics for aventurine, that might have contributed to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

DoT is useless here, unless you're doing Acheron things. Kafka isn't good for popping DoTs. She is good for being yet another follow-up and hitting weakness.

Did you try Ratio, Kafka, Aventurine, and Clara on the same team?

Edit: I'm sure some people have managed to brute force with Pure DoT team. But without Acheron, it's much easier to just ignore DoTs completely.

I didn't use a single Harmony for either side. Everyone either did follow-ups or hit weakness.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 29, 2024