Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Chocobo posted:

E2 Acheron, E2 Sparkle for her 24%, Pela's 42% plus 16% from Sweaty LC is the ideal, I think. Who doesn't have an E2 Sparkle lying around and an E2 Acheron?

Not at all needed for the 300k mark though. You could basically have garbage on and hit that number with that team. With an above average Genius/Penacony set on e2r1 Acheron (her artifacts are really being a pain) running e0 Sparkle using a 4 star LC and Sweaty Pela I have personally seen over 900k a few times but the stars have to align since I am not being all that careful and testing different speed tunings. I have seen over a million with this team though on showcases so I really want to get the rest of the build to see the real funny numbers.

For e0 300k is the number to expect from what I’ve heard, and seen in some videos but I think on those they did have a good artifact set. Pela was in the team but I don’t think SW was - I’ve been binging Acheron videos while I was grinding her out and they all kind of blended together. I know BS was used in some of those e0 showcases next to Pela, as well as Fire TB but that shouldn’t affect damage as much as ult consistency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
How many targets are we talking when we throw out these random numbers?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
With that team? 300k?

1 I imagine. Defense shred is massively powerful, and at E2 adding a buffer really kicks her up a notch. I can get 100k in my not properly tuned team single target with her, I have no problem seeing someone with a really good team getting triple that single target.

e: I really should grind some gear for her.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 29, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GateOfD posted:

same here, i'm doing like 30minutes or so of progress on the story each day, no rush.

Don't rush but please try your best not to get spoiled, it's really good

don't even google the game imo

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Mulva posted:

With that team? 300k?

1 I imagine. Defense is shred massively powerful, and at E2 adding a buffer really kicks her up a notch. I can get 100k in my not properly tuned team single target with her, I have no problem seeing someone with a really good team getting triple that single target.

300k seems reasonable (I get those kind of numbers in SU without blessings), but 900k less so. Then again, I've never been optimal.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I'm assuming Acheron's LC is more important to get before beginning the gambling for eidolons? The extra debuff and just raw ultimate numbers seem significant.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh right I just realized that as of the end of 2.1 story reveals:

The Stellaron Hunters consist of one emo guy and the 3 girls who bully him and that is very funny to me

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Chocobo posted:

I'm assuming Acheron's LC is more important to get before beginning the gambling for eidolons? The extra debuff and just raw ultimate numbers seem significant.

Yes, it's a 30% damage boost over s5 GNSW.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Clarste posted:

How many targets are we talking when we throw out these random numbers?

Seeing over 900k only happened a few times and my teams and gear have been rotating in addition to me building up Acheron in the process; she’s 9/8/10 now but it’s been a gradual process, and using the Genius set sucks since my highest numbers are only doable when the enemy has a quantum weakness. I’ve also been sucked into the story tonight so although I have her built minus a proper relic set, and have a static team of Acheron Sparkle Pela and Gallagher with speed stats the way I want them I haven’t been doing much because using different parties in the story made more sense to me (given the characters participating in the story).

Hopefully over the weekend I can get a more solid number average, but iirc at least one of the showcases did that million damage with e2r1 to one target. The story is so good now that I’m not worrying about it for the time being (high praise since with Acheron mostly traced out finally I am still wanting to just do story).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

rio posted:

Seeing over 900k only happened a few times and my teams and gear have been rotating in addition to me building up Acheron in the process; she’s 9/8/10 now but it’s been a gradual process, and using the Genius set sucks since my highest numbers are only doable when the enemy has a quantum weakness. I’ve also been sucked into the story tonight so although I have her built minus a proper relic set, and have a static team of Acheron Sparkle Pela and Gallagher with speed stats the way I want them I haven’t been doing much because using different parties in the story made more sense to me (given the characters participating in the story).

Hopefully over the weekend I can get a more solid number average, but iirc at least one of the showcases did that million damage with e2r1 to one target. The story is so good now that I’m not worrying about it for the time being (high praise since with Acheron mostly traced out finally I am still wanting to just do story).

I mean, I have e0s1 and maxed traces, and it's hard for me to believe that e2 triples her damage.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Meowywitch posted:

The Stellaron Hunters consist of one emo guy and the 3 girls who bully him and that is very funny to me

Unless my theory is correct and Firefly isn't real and is just a memoria (of Titania) carried around by Sam, which is why she can pass in and out Penacony undetected.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Your talk of Pela and SW enabling ridiculous numbers can’t sway me from Team Problematic Women (featuring Gepard).

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Lol that Sparkle claims to have a button she can press to blow up Penacony but somehow resists pressing it. 1000% agree with Aventurine that's bullshit.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm also taking the story extremely slowly. I just finished Aventurine's solo section inside the mansion. gently caress Ratio. And I don't trust Sunday. Big mafia boss energy.

I've been spoiled on Sam, but that happened before 2.0 released.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I really hope they stick with PoV shifts going forward, it does wonders for fleshing out characters and helps communicate via showing and not telling and lets you get into the headspace of characters besides the Trailblazer. They did try something like that in the Luofu with Dan Heng but it's much better executed in Penacony imo and I think if the Luofu was committed to it from the start, having you switch between the Trailblazer, Dan Heng and say... Jing Yuan, it would have done wonders for its story telling and let you see how everything connects better. It would also have been a good way to introduce the High Cloud Quintet sooner and give you a reason to care when fighting Phantylia.

I get that some Genshin players might not like that style of storytelling but I honestly feel it just works better for Star Rail. The other big advantage is that it acts as an extended character trial for characters, like Aventurine isn't released yet but you can get a feel for how he plays and will synergize with your existing teams and it'll help you know if you want to pull for him or not.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 29, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The way 2.1 is structured with the PoV shifts functioning as book chapters lends very well to immediate reaction posting at the end of each chapter. I think it'll be fun to see everyone's impressions change as each chapter unfolds. Maybe 2.2 will be the same!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Eej posted:

The way 2.1 is structured with the PoV shifts functioning as book chapters lends very well to immediate reaction posting at the end of each chapter. I think it'll be fun to see everyone's impressions change as each chapter unfolds. Maybe 2.2 will be the same!

From the leaks it is.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I guess I should get started on prefarming Aventurine playing the story huh

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It went from me going "Man, Aventurine is such a smug bitch, I really hope he gets his." to "Good luck, Kakavasha." in a single patch, Penacony just nailing it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Leraika posted:

I guess I should get started on prefarming Aventurine playing the story huh

:yeah:

Post your thoughts after every POV change!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The auto AI for Gallagher seems broken, never uses his ult.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The auto AI for Gallagher seems broken, never uses his ult.
I thought that at first too, but what it does is hold it to use the Ulti -> Advance -> Enhanced BA combo for healing when someone drops below half health.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FractalSandwich posted:

I thought that at first too, but what it does is hold it to use the Ulti -> Advance -> Enhanced BA combo for healing when someone drops below half health.

Yeah, he's on healer ai instead of damage ai. I think it has to do with the scaling of the ult. Luocha has a massive amount of damage scaling in his ult, so the ai spams it. Gallagher doesn't, so the ai holds it like every other healer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think its just taht luocha's ult doesnt have healing on it

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
what I am getting from this so far is that March is so good. It's so refreshing having a paimon that isn't paimon

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

i think its just taht luocha's ult doesnt have healing on it

Neither does Gallagher's. Both enable their respective healing fields, but Luocha's ult isn't necessary to activate it, and Gallagher's is. That may be it.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm pretty sure every unit's autobattle logic is individually hand-designed. They probably just chose the behaviour that's less likely to result in characters dying for dumb reasons on farm content, even if it's not 100% optimal.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 29, 2024

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

There's an option to turn off Ultimates in auto battle anyway, I turned them off ages ago because the AI would do Jingliu's out of her super mode all the time.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The only healer's auto battle I like is Luocha's. Everyone else is kind of rear end.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Also Elio, who I choose to believe is the cat that shows up in a lot of the Stellaron Hunters’ art. I think they’ve actually said they’re a humanoid, but nevertheless.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ayndin posted:

Also Elio, who I choose to believe is the cat that shows up in a lot of the Stellaron Hunters’ art. I think they’ve actually said they’re a humanoid, but nevertheless.

They have a leaked model and sadly, it's not the cat. I wish he was.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Eimi posted:

They have a leaked model and sadly, it's not the cat. I wish he was.

Perhaps it's a red herring!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:shepicide:

Sure am glad nothing on the near horizon is appealing because I'm flat broke now.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Man I am really liking the story. I did all of the story from the beginning of the new content to when Aventurine gets the gently caress you button from Sparkle and the PoV changes and March is thrilled to get hit on by the awesome gay bartender

One thing in general I really like is the use of static art screens to tell parts of the story. In other games like PGR and HI3 I always enjoyed that because if the art is good then it’s much better to be than looking at talking heads, and I think it breaks up the flow nicely so that we aren’t just looking at the character models all of the time. The only thing worse than the amount of superfluous text in Genshin was how boring the visuals usually were while there was talking, and here the text is usually interesting enough that I want to listen to all of it while the visuals are also holding my attention.

That said, they are getting more creative with the camera work as characters are speaking which really goes a long way. Especially with things like when BS was snooping around and she discovered she was speaking to someone rather than just perusing memories the camera changes really add to the scene.

I was already going to pull Aventurine but now I 100% want him beyond just because I invested pretty heavily in FUA teams. The downside of that is gently caress Dr. Ratio; i loving can’t stand him now and am glad he’s fun to play but he might be my most disliked playable character now . I can get the motive and obviously Aventurine isn’t a heroic character but goddamn is he sympathetic and I’m routing for him.

And holy poo poo when Acheron and Welt were speaking i was so happy to see those interactions. From the vague implications at first that they both were aware of each other prior to meeting to (i think] outright saying that she is Mei from another bubble universe where the end of HI3 went wrong, Kiana died (i assume) and Mei killed Kevin I am already happy with who Acheron is supposed to be in this game and I really can’t wait to see more with her. It’s good that they basically explained the HI3 references for non HI3 players, but they even included the reference to Icarus, “why birds fly” (lol) etc. I really hope they put more in the game from HI3 since the HI3 I knew and loved is dead and buried now. They have to realize that their older HI3 playerbase feels left behind after their strong push to completely change that game, so throwing us some bones here is really welcome

Anyway, I can’t wait to see more of it and am super satisfied so far with Penacony as a whole.

E: (don’t read this part if you have somehow avoided Firefly spoilers)I forgot to mention, regarding Firefly, it is looking like that payoff will be good. However I am so mad about having been spoiled on her plot - I didn’t even see spoilers written anywhere because I have been extremely careful what I look up for the new HSR story. But I was scrolling YouTube one day and a video thumbnail was straight up “FIREFLY IS STELLARON SAM” in the most obnoxiously large clickbait font possible. I was so mad; I blocked whatever the channel was but the damage was done :( Well, either way it seems like the plot payoff there will be good even though the surprise was ruined.

rio fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 29, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Just like HI3, I am glad they kept the philosophical references. It adds a lot when the characters are having indepth conversations informed by real philosophy. Turning back to Camus both fits the story and is just something I'm interested in general. Both because I really like that philosopher, but something that elevated HI3's story to me was the parts where animes explain philosophy and HSR not having that was a missing piece of the formula.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How much story do I have left if I just met Gallagher at his bar?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You're like 3/4 through iirc

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

maybe an hour?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also I'm seeing that I'm one of the people that didn't get spoiled on the reveal this patch, since from looking around it seems they've been out there for awhile???

I am glad I bumbled into it naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Also I'm seeing that I'm one of the people that didn't get spoiled on the reveal this patch, since from looking around it seems they've been out there for awhile???

I am glad I bumbled into it naturally.

Yeah if you're into analyzing trailers it is really obvious. Or if you just guessed the pun. Sam = Samus. :v: And in the White Night trailer Sam is flying around with a trailing teal cloak that is the same colour as Firefly's outfit.