Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

Alright, let's assume that we're gearing her pure-rear end attack then. She's actually got the same base attack and trace boosts as Seele, so that makes my life easy in terms of doing the math for final numbers.

Let's assume an E0S1 Robin:

Character Base Attack: 640
Attack of Robin's Signature: 635
Final Base Attack: 1275
Attack with a +15 ATK% body, boots, and orb, zero atk-related substats: 3285
Attack with Cadenza buff from signature: 3897
Robin's ult buff value: 1089
Robin's final attack power: 4985
Damage per hit: 14,955

Okay so yeah, but sheesh. That feels rough to try and make that happen on top of getting defensive stats to keep her alive until she can sing.

:doh: or yeah just use that I guess

You don't have to keep her alive. That's Aventurine's job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

I guess I was confused by LL because I've become so accustomed to Ratio. Ratio attacks 2 separate times per turn, so I guess I assumed LL would, too.
ratio's are literally two separate actions, lightning lord is 1 action that does 10 hits. do you have jing yuan?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'll take your word for it. The idea of trying to make someone who has a 160 energy cost ultimate run on no speed or ERR rope and minimal defensive stats sounds gross, but I also don't have Aventurine so I can't speak to it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

That all makes sense. Bleh.

I guess I was confused by LL because I've become so accustomed to Ratio. Ratio attacks 2 separate times per turn, so I guess I assumed LL would, too.

Ratio does not attack "2 seperate times a turn". His skill has a percent chance of triggering his FUA immediately after and if you don't have debuffs up sometimes doesn't even trigger! FUAs are completely out of turn actions that's why they are so good.

Kyrosiris posted:

Alright, let's assume that we're gearing her pure-rear end attack then. She's actually got the same base attack and trace boosts as Seele, so that makes my life easy in terms of doing the math for final numbers.

Let's assume an E0S1 Robin:

Character Base Attack: 640
Attack of Robin's Signature: 635
Final Base Attack: 1275
Attack with a +15 ATK% body, boots, and orb, zero atk-related substats: 3285
Attack with Cadenza buff from signature: 3897
Robin's ult buff value: 1089
Robin's final attack power: 4985
Damage per hit: 14,955

Okay so yeah, but sheesh. That feels rough to try and make that happen on top of getting defensive stats to keep her alive until she can sing.

:doh: or yeah just use that I guess

That gets you to 20k if you have all those stats + use a Phys orb.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

ratio's are literally two separate actions, lightning lord is 1 action that does 10 hits. do you have jing yuan?

I do, I just rarely use him.

Kyrosiris posted:

I'll take your word for it. The idea of trying to make someone who has a 160 energy cost ultimate run on no speed or ERR rope and minimal defensive stats sounds gross, but I also don't have Aventurine so I can't speak to it.

She also regains 2 energy every time an ally attacks. It's probably worth it to run her with an er rope and only do 12k per attack instead of 15.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah spd on Robin feels really bad since in an ideal team for her you take one action, hitting her e on her first turn, and then you're singing the rest of the fight. This is also why I say she's sp negative. She's spending sp once and then never giving you anything.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Robin also has the benefit that the event LC is pretty much just as good for her base damage, although lacking the team buff and faster energy gain. Means everyone gets her second best in slot option for free. Getting her to 20k a hit isn't that hard. It's not like hyper-speed Bronya stat farming. You don't need to worry about the Crits, that's set to a flat number. Just pile on the Attack, get a damage Orb. There you did it. Now you can worry about whatever defense or hp or what have you. For what it's worth her traces are nearly entirely ATK and HP. Takes the edge off a little.

Now you put her on a team with Topaz and Ratio or Clara, teams where it's trivial to get 4 or 5 attacks a turn. Sometimes teams where you get 9 or 10 a turn. Now that 20k a hit is 200k, and I don't care who you are. That's a real number. And then you pile on whatever you can in the next turn, because your people aren't going to be at 90 speed and she advanced everyone, so they *will* at least 2 round.

She's a great unit for a certain style of play. She's not a universal Harmony to get the most out of her. She can still give anyone "Big number", but to get the most out of her you want people that are going to be doing a lot of attacks one way or another. If you have that, she's super. If not, she's just an ok Harmony.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i feel like you can pretty easily get robin to 5kish attack. she doesnt really need speed outside of enough to activate certain planar sets maybe, so you can actually hunt for flat attack if you want. all she wants is attack and defensive stats. shes doing 15ishk followups before taking into account other stuff.

her main issue is that the crit damage of her bonus attack is set so she doesnt benefit from crit dmg buffs, like aventurine. also, a key note some people are missing, robin's bonus damage is *not* stated to be a followup attack in her kit, so she doesn't benefit from topaz's buff.

that said, 15ishk extra damage multiple times a turn isnt anything to sneeze at. she can easily do it 6ish times a cycle on a ratio/topaz/aventurine team.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah it's just additional damage like Tingyun's skill. I keep just calling it a Damage Rider because I've been playing too much BG3 but it doesn't interact with anything and there's no visual impact for it aside from the extra damage number floating somewhere (try watching a video of Aventurine triggering it at Fast combat speed, good luck!!). She does a lot of extra damage in like, One Team right now which is why she's such a niche pick. Sure, giving your DoT team 1k attack and 50% damage is nice too so I guess if you have no Ruan Mei she can hang out with Kafka + Black Swan, using the Advance Forward during Swan's ult to stack up her dot to very high numbers.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean I'll be rolling on her because as part of the literary kick they've been on in Penacony one of her songs is an Emily Dickinson poem, so hey. She earned it. The fact she's actually good for my FuA teams is just a bonus.

e: Two now I suppose.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 28, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mulva posted:

I mean I'll be rolling on her because as part of the literary kick they've been on in Penacony one of her songs is an Emily Dickenson poem, so hey. She earned it. The fact she's actually good for my FuA teams is just a bonus.

Yeah that and the lesbian eye sticker means I'm getting her, but I'm not that optimistic on me actually using her all that often.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, like, I kinda dig Robin as a character, but I don't see how she'd be that useful to me as a unit, so I'm just like "eh, maybe, I guess".

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I will fearlessly roll for Xueyi eidolons, and if I get an early 50-50 win, so be it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What character? She appears for one scene and then she's dead. As a unit, I think she's as good for Ratio fua in the same way Black Swan is for Kafka DoT.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Black Swan amplifies Kafka's damage way more than Robin does for Ratio that's an incredibly silly comparison.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eej posted:

Black Swan amplifies Kafka's damage way more than Robin does for Ratio that's an incredibly silly comparison.

If anything, Kafka is amplifying Black Swan's damage by triggering Arcana out of turn.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Bad Video Games posted:

What character? She appears for one scene and then she's dead. As a unit, I think she's as good for Ratio fua in the same way Black Swan is for Kafka DoT.

Did you watch the stream?

Also, one scene can be enough.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Bad Video Games posted:

Hey now, she wrote a letter to her brother you can read, too.

I was looking at the selector for the bartender event. I've got:
Gallagher E0; Misha E0; Xueyi E0; Hanya E3; Guinaifen E1; Luka E0; Lynx E5; Yukong E4.

Of those, it seems like Hanya or Guinaifen would be the most immediately useful. Hanya's increases her ult's duration a turn, and Guinaifen's does more burn damage. Maybe Xueyi's, which increases talent damage (pretty sure that's her followups)?

In terms of people I actually use it's really just Lynx and Guinaifen (and sometimes Gallagher, but autobattle's dumb with his ultimate for healer reasons). I've mostly bumped Hanya off for sparkle reasons, but she's not just warming the bench like the rest of them are.

Am I missing some super-useful effect of one of the other eidolons, or should I just flip a coin for hanya or gui?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Xueyi is e6 or bust. If you're not going to take her there, it's worthless. I think Gui e2 places a second debuff on her attacks? Or is that e1? It's useful for Ratio if you don't have Topaz.

Hanya is awesome. Even with Sparkle, there's plenty of room for her.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Are these 15kish Robin attacks assuming 100% def ignore/def shred? Where does that come from in these theoretical team comps?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you sub in Ruan Mei for Topaz or something you get more Robin damage but less overall damage sure. Otherwise you would have to pull out stuff like E2 Aventurine

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

shrach posted:

Are these 15kish Robin attacks assuming 100% def ignore/def shred? Where does that come from in these theoretical team comps?

She's a one stat character with a ton of boosts. It's trivial to get her to a big number that even with defense stays a big number.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
this is robin's personality and i'm here for it.

she was kind to us when we first go to penacony. i did watch some yt video comparing a ruan mei IPC team v. a robin IPC team but the person presenting it had robin use her ult before literally all the other characters took their turn so it seems like a wasted ult/damage each time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

What character? She appears for one scene and then she's dead.
design, general vibes, the snippets of lore we got, etc.

also shes clearly gonna get more screentime lol

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Robin's a pretty nothing character outside of her visual design right now but yeah ^^^

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shrach posted:

no? why do you think it would? its assuming no phys resistance but thats it.

every enemy in the game has 1000 defense exactly at level 80, from generic silvermane guards to aventurine. theres no variance. so the only things that cause variance in character's damage assuming the same stats/buffs on them and no particular buffs or debuffs on the enemy are enemies having innate resistance to certain elements.

note: enemies at higher levels than 80 do have higher defense, but that also scales uniformly across all enemy types, so that can also easily be calculated for. the difference between a level 80 and level 100 enemy is also only about 1000ish damage, in robin's case.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 28, 2024

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

If I'm doing an fua team is it better to roll for Topaz e1 or her lc?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FireWorksWell posted:

If I'm doing an fua team is it better to roll for Topaz e1 or her lc?

If it's Ratio, her lc. It gives her 2 debuffs on her skill instead of 1.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what do you have topaz on right now, lightcone wise?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

If it's Ratio, her lc. It gives her 2 debuffs on her skill instead of 1.
her e1 gives her a new debuff too.

quote:

When enemies afflicted with Proof of Debt receive follow-up attacks, they will enter the Debtor state. This can take effect only once within a single action. The Debtor state increases the CRIT DMG of follow-up attacks inflicted on the target enemies by 25%, stacking up to 2 time(s). When Proof of Debt is removed, the Debtor state is also removed.

the 'debtor state' is a new debuff on top of proof of debt, not an addition to proof of debt.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Then just get both. :)

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Endorph posted:

what do you have topaz on right now, lightcone wise?

Only Silence Remains.

I have Stellar Sea on Ratio and Sleep Like the Dead on Seele but other than that no noteworthy Hunt LCs

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
E1 gives 50% cdmg to FUAs to everyone
S1 gives 18% crit, 30% FUA damage to Topaz and 24% cdmg to all attacks to everyone

If you have like a hyper buff Ratio or E6 Aventurine and don't care about Topaz's damage go for E1 otherwise grab her cone. 18% crit is a ton of stats you don't have to roll for.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Eej posted:

E1 gives 50% cdmg to FUAs to everyone
S1 gives 18% crit, 30% FUA damage to Topaz and 24% cdmg to all attacks to everyone

If you have like a hyper buff Ratio or E6 Aventurine and don't care about Topaz's damage go for E1 otherwise grab her cone. 18% crit is a ton of stats you don't have to roll for.

Yeah when you put it like that LC seems like a no brainer. And I have a strong feeling I'm gonna lose my next 50/50 anyway...

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also 63(?) soft pity for a 75/25 is a way better rate than 75 soft pity for a 50/50

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also ratio's skill and ult aren't like, a non-zero amount of his damage, so the lc buffing them too is nice

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also yeah if youre rocking silence remains her sig lc is like a 20% increase to topaz's damage alone, and thats not even accounting for times where theres more than 2 enemies.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Endorph posted:

also ratio's skill and ult aren't like, a non-zero amount of his damage, so the lc buffing them too is nice

Right, thanks for the advice!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

design, general vibes, the snippets of lore we got, etc.

also shes clearly gonna get more screentime lol

Thematically she is the sort of character that has to be absent for the majority of the story, because the majority of the story is about People Going Through It, Like Really A Lot. And she is, thematically, the opposite of that. Like the poem she gets her name from, If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking.

quote:

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

Or the other song of hers that is a Dickinson poem, Hope Is The Thing With Feathers. Everything about her is just so opposite to what is happening right now.

Conversely Aventurine gets loving T.S. Eliot and The Waste Land. Which is one of the most journey through nihilism poems....ever. It starts with this quote

quote:

I saw with my own eyes the Sibyl at Cumae hanging in a cage, and when the boys said to her: “Sibyl, what do you want?” she answered: “I want to die.”

It doesn't get happier from there, and that's where we get our achievements for that patch from and the floating text when he's at the park. So she sort of needs to pop up at the end, when we turn it all around. Her song's lyrics posit a different and more hopeful answer to "Why does life slumber?" than the one Aventurine and Firefly answer with, so there's that too.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
The Penacony arc has had the Trailblazer helping out the little guy, while being pushed around by the bigger players. I’m interested to see if the Trailblazer steps up to save the day or instead plays support to enable some other people to do it this arc. On one level them playing an explicitly supporting act ties in with some themes and mechanics, but it would also be nice to hero up a bit.

Pulling wise, I’m building pity on a light cone, but will accept Aventurine if it happens. I’m definitely going all in on Firefly but I’m sorta tempted to get the Acceptable Face of Capitalism (Topaz) when she shows up. Love Boothills theme, but the jades are pretty thin on the ground with all these characters.