Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i clicked the button but nothing happened, but i also downloaded the client and logged into it before clicking said button so maybe that was all that was needed

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

the value of a busted starter will decrease in the long run as you naturally pull more and more, especially if the game ends up powercreeping

i got better things to do with my time (probably) (lol no i dont but i'm still not rerolling)

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I hope this game has three paimon

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

making the mc's weapon a baseball bat was not on my gacha bingo card

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I shouldn’t like March but I do

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

dan heng sounds like he needs to take a nap

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

padijun posted:

March 7th froze a guards gun and told him to have an ice day.

i just did a dork laugh at that scene, 10/10

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

Texts are fun, but they don't really look like texts, in that everyone uses perfect grammar and capitalizes the beginning of sentences.

not even remotely the same genre but cyberpunk 2077 does this far better. they even do silly text emotes and stuff.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

sure friend time, 600610540

I dunno how useful my dudes will be to anyone but go ham

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

did that loving robot just make a your mom joke

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that the game controls perfectly fine with k+m controls? I thought the same thing for Genshin. Granted, the lack of tool tips sucks.

Also, the drat pulling animation needs to be shorter.

i'm kbm too and it's perfectly fine.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

acumen posted:

Seele is hilarious in the roguelike with some of the blessings, she can just delete entire waves by herself without any enemies attacking.

Anyone know if the shields/hertareum shops restock or change? I've bought the eidolons and relics so just wondering if I can blow any excess on exp scrolls or whatever now

I assume it's like the region-specific vendors in genshin where the supply of currency is limited and thus so is the inventory

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

e: I got a trashcan avatar from rummaging around the trash.

being a trash goblin can pay off!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

oh my god qingque is so good

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

delfin posted:

Until you burn all five skill points and still don't get a Hidden Hand.

i'm usually skill point starved so that hasn't been a big problem

qingque exacerbating my skill point starvation by periodically not generating any is my big problem

still like her though

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

don't bully march :mad:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

qingque probably

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

I was responding to you saying they would have to simplify things. Anyway I'm not mad, I'm just making the apparently true observation that Honkai Impact fans have broken brains causing them to see everything like a paranoiac's conspiracy board. The connections are just for fun, they don't actually matter. The writers do not need to stop making connections just so you can understand them easier.

to be fair this sort of thing isn't limited to honkai. any time there's even a hint of connection between two different games there will be someone with a pinboard and string connecting invisible dots

see: final fantasy xiv

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Eimi posted:

Yeah like it's hard to say Honkai Impact doesn't matter when Welt a main cast member, is the same Welt from Honkai Impact who traveled to this universe. Alongside a potential major villain, the Void Archives. Silver Wolf is very likely just Bronie/Haxxor Bunny from the Captainverse who last time we saw her had her own universe traveling powers. Imaginary and Quanta are powers here and their relation to the Imaginary Tree and Sea of Quanta is still important. I'm sure they will introduce those for new players, but they are too important of concepts to just not bring up. Doubly so when first planet spoilers Cocolia turns into a form that looks exactly like the Herrscher of Frost via a stellaron. Something is up with the Aeons and Stellarons and their connection to Honkai will be important.

i kinda hope none of this is actually true because i like games that can stand on their own two feet and not require a lore dump from other games to make sense

like maybe the two games are intimately connected in extremely important ways, or maybe it's an excuse for mihoyo to recycle stuff from their other games

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i already want to throttle yanqing

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Bruceski posted:

I had my first warp trotter manage to run, how long do they respawn? A day?

you can go to another zone and then back to reset its position

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Genshin always gives you one narrative commission like that and three combat commissions every day, so it seems like they've just replaced the combat ones with the Daily Training system here.

Not always. They're common but not guaranteed.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Imagine writing a guide for Qingque and then telling people not to use her skill, it's like these people haven't heard of the concept of "fun" before

beyond just being fun (and it really is) her skill gives a stacking damage buff so even if you don't get a set it still has a useful effect

FractalSandwich posted:

I was thinking about it. Feels bad to spend them now when I'll get a bigger payoff if I wait until a higher Equilibrium Level, though.

while this is certainly true i dont know if spending one or two here and there is going to make a meaningful difference in the long term

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean people that read character guides prolly just want to make number go up, and the “funness” of a character’s ability doesn’t make number go up so it’s a non-factor.

E: It’s a guide. Just tell me how to play the character in the most efficient way. It seems like that’s what the guide’s author is doing so again I don’t see the issue.

part of making qingque's number go up is careful use of her skill, if you ignore her skill you may as well bench her

the guide sucks

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

welt is an obvious pick since he fills a niche as the only imaginary type

on the other hand by the time you (proverbial) pull 300 times your situation might be drastically different so who knows

i wanna get bronya tho

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

qingque just showed up in the main story and i only like her more now :allears:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Bruceski posted:

You get that at E2 as well.

it is not guaranteed at E2

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

I feel like March's aggro+ effect on her shield is a better single-target taunter than the fire MC.

i "lucked" into gepard's LC on the standard banner and with its extra chance for the wearer to be attacked and march's own shield effect (and the ginormous def she's compelled to stack) she's an extremely potent tank

that said fire MC's group shield and damage reduction are bonkers in SU if you get the blessing that splits damage among the whole party

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

not everyone has the dragon child and march is cuter

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

took 83 pulls to get seele. time to save.

it is going to get massively expensive/time consuming to keep this band of nerds up to date but it's not like genshin wasn't the same way for me so just gotta be patient :frogc00l:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

jokes posted:

Just get everyone to 20, grab the first boost, then ignore all of them except for the one(s) you use!

I use a lot of them :smith: tho some more than others. there'll be a lot of prioritization for sure.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Do we know how many banners we have until Silver Wolf? I want her on top of Kafka but I'm sick of seeing every video about the game basically being "IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SEELE YOU ARE STUPID AND BAD AND SHOULD UNINSTALL"-level hype on Seele. :negative:

i wouldn't worry about seele.

at the end of the day all she really does is hit one target really good. and the thing about characters whose whole shtick is "hit stuff good" is that they are destined to be outclassed by someone who hits things even better.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, this is how it's been in Genshin. The utility characters usually do better in the long run. Diluc was considered the best 5* pull early on, while he's probably the second or third least desirable standard banner 5* now.

This game does have a lot of niches, though, due to all the elements and Paths. Even if there's another better single target DPS, it'll probably be a long time until there's a better "Quantum single-target DPS specializing in speed."

oh absolutely. she's good at what she does. i just dont think skipping her is a big deal since qingque exists.

especially if luocha is coming in like a month to fill the bigger void of imaginary types.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

seele does look pretty cool tho. i like all the purple.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

I don't think you ever need both shields and healing, tbh. If you have both you are a coward, pure and simple.

i am okay with being a coward if it means i win and they don't

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

that's why I said "if it means i win." hitting enrage is the exact opposite.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Best part of this vs Genshin in infinite stamina when running around

arguably this is only because exploration is tertiary. movement is on rails - you can't jump, climb, swim, or glide - and combat is separate from exploration so stamina serves no purpose.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

is there a point to attacking gepard in the third winter soldiers' march or is he there just for funsies

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Endorph posted:

the cliche anime child is my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

Qingque is extremely tiny, but I guess she has a full time job. Unless the Xianzhou Luofu doesn't have child labor laws.

she's a graduate with a full-time job in what I assume is the HSR equivalent of IT. she's held a job for ten years post-graduation. she's small but i don't think she's a child, just incredibly lazy.

admittedly mihoyo is obnoxiously coy about the ages of their characters and the xianzhou being full of "long-life" species doesn't help.