Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

If I got a 5* LC from a banner, did that reset my pity counter like getting a 5* character would?

Game is fun, between the writing and characters, though it would be nice if it let you temporarily use the gacha characters when they are so active in that part of the story. I just got around to starting this past weekend though I'd previously signed up week 1 to get some freebies. Pulled Himeko and Bailu from the newbie banner and Bailu spoiled the crap out of me with her healing on harder fights early on. Trying to use Natasha now but with the fight difficulty jumping a bit from level 20 to 30 she feels so much weaker than the kid pharmacist. I'll reserve further judgment until I see if story Bailu is as cool as Pitch-Dark Hook the Great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Ayndin posted:

Yeah, getting any 5* thing resets your pity on the standard banner. If it works like the genshin standard banner (I believe it does), it will usually alternate between LCs and characters, so you will be much more likely to get a character next time you get a 5* on it.

edit: assuming you’re talking about the standard banner, I don’t think you can get LCs on the featured character banner and I don’t think you can get characters on the LC banner.

Yeah I'm up in the 60s on the standard banner and got Gepard's 5* LC where I was hoping for any character even a dupe. Good to know on the featured banners, I was wondering how those would work.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Is Luka bumping Kafka or Blade from 1.2 then?

I'm getting to the point where I'll have to pick a main team with a couple alternates instead of just leveling up and using everyone. I liked shaking things up, especially with how repetitive the ultimates can get. I suppose I can always borrow shared characters for some of the daily and weekly content to keep myself sane.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I missed the Seele banner, when those come back in Genshin are they extra banners alongside the Patch banner and the Standard banner?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I could have finished the battle pass if not for the weekly xp cap, rude. They could have at least kept it up for the new week until the patch goes live tomorrow.

I'm at square one for Silver Wolf, I tried pulling for some more eidolons and to build up pity and got Jing e1 at ~33 pulls and Jing e2 5 pulls after that. I just stopped there. I can't even say I wasn't warned having read in several places not to pull if you don't want to "win". First world problems. I like the guy but didn't want to use up all my luck there.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I hope that Luocha has a text chain where the trailblazer is just constantly saying "Whats in the box?!?"

Am I right that the patch is from ~6pm-11pm tonight Eastern US time and sometimes comes back early?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Oof I know its just going to get worse as I climb but I had just finished getting everyone to 50 and was working on their traces when I hit the next EQ level and unlocked 60. Got the MC leveled up but don't remotely have the materials for anyone else just yet. Dailies went from a speedy cakewalk to a much slower (but still easy) grind. Guess its time to focus down on one team. I wish I'd finished off the last bit of storyline first, I just beat up Bambi and am back to Dan Heng again, I know I'm near the end. Not sure if I have any more big fights left. I'll have to take a break from Diablo and figure out what I need to work on.

Got Gepard e1, he was my first pity on the JY banner too. I like the guy and he turned out much better than I thought but I hope that doesn't continue. I still need Welt, Clara and Ice Kid and wouldn't mind eidolons of anyone else.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

m.hache posted:

What happens if you pull a char you've already E6ed?

For a 4* you get 20 of the currency instead of the 8 that you normally get with every 4* pull. It's the currency that lets you buy 5* light cones of your choice or spend for unlimited tickets.

No idea on 5* haha.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

A friend playing super casually just got SW on his first 10 pull of special passes. I warned him the game is trying to hook him early with a false sense of how easy it is to get characters. He's at 40/50 in the departure banner with nothing to show for it yet and missed the preorder freebies.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I saw on Reddit there's a known error with female MC appearing instead of male MC in a final museum picture or cutscene that has people upset.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Gender is a construct, they are both canon

You should be able to switch at will like with bat vs lance. Complete with sailor moon swirly scene.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

It doesn't count because it was the xp calyx with low hp birds weak to fire and ice but I've been using Herta for the first time since I got her and ignored her. She and Himeko on those birds is hilarious. I set it to autobattle and across 12 sets of enemies one near dead bird got one attack off. Ults triggering follow ups triggering follow ups then the ults are back up again. Good times.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Must be a streamer account /s

(I saw more than a few streamers drop hundreds of dollars going for Himeko as their chase waifu)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I have Tingyun as a support and she was borrowed a few times the first two days and got me a few friend invites but nothing since. I was slow to get her leveled up in the latest tier though since I was trying out SW.

Borrowing supports has convinced me I want Welt more than Clara once I get my selector. I'm missing those two and iceboy (plus Seele, Arlan and Pela). I can see the fun of Clara's playstyle but Welt is great.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I thought I was stuck on world 2 sim trying to beat Gepard's last phase for the longest time before realizing it was 2-2 and I could come back to it later. Went on to plow through 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1, though I took a dumb comp into 5 and had a rainbow scattering of blessings even after rerolls.

Museum event ended for me literally as I completed the prerequisite for the last item, thankfully it did give me the quest anyway but man that was anticlimactic. I hope they fix that for the future after the presumed complaints.

I'm trying to push my friend to keep playing as he's only TB level 10 and got lucky with Swolf from his free pulls but probably won't get to the event light cone in time at his casual rate. Are the hacker and museum events staying through Luocha's half of the patch?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The real tier list is how annoying ults get after seeing them a million times. Still fun every time, okay sped up, okay sped up and muted, terrible every time. I wish they had at least two voice clips they'd alternate between.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

someone awful. posted:

i love clara but the sped up "help me mr svarog" is really bad

needs a "You're my only hope!" tacked on the end.

Serval's should be a 6 minute music video you can interrupt if you're in a hurry.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I threw my hobby budget for the month at the game because I'm having fun. Some good luck some bad luck.

departure warp:
bailu, bailu e1 and himeko. I dont think I could have done better rerolling for a week

event banners:
Missed Seele, started late.
gepard, jing, jing e1 and jing e2 off his banner. Went near pity for the first two, got the last two in under 35 pulls.
gepard e1, Swolf off her banner. Saved the rest for Luocha but just gave in and pulled hoping for Swolf e1 or a new char. Got bailu e2 and will stop here with e0 SW. Might have pushed on to e2 had it gone the other way.

I should skip Luocha's banner since I have Gepard and Bailu in good shape. I don't have Pela yet and there's a new 4* though so we'll see.

Standard banner:
Gepard's LC (went to fireblazer), Bronya's LC, Bronya, Gepard e2.

I picked Welt from the selector as I like him best of the three I was missing. I got my fill of Clara and Svarog from borrowing them for assists. I was torn on Yanqing since I missed Seele, got handed so much for Gepard, and have my eye on a few spoiled ice characters, but YQ needs his e1 for the bonus damage vs frozen. I'll want Welt longterm since he's part of the main team and a story character rather than a planetary one. Maybe I'll regret it when ice kid joins the story or when I start getting only welt eidolons, but that's okay. I'm getting Welt caught up to my main teams before I buckle in and start saving for TL60.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 22, 2023

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

So what is the deal with Honkai 3rd? Is it a full and/or ongoing storyline you can still play through from the beginning now? I hear the gacha is worse than HSR and GI, is that true? I remember checking youtube for a Let's Play and saw at least one person had 100+ hours of video on it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks, I appreciate the replies and the link.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I've cleared Forgotten Halls through 14, 3 starring through 13, but now I'm hitting a DPS wall. I absolutely need to work on my gear which this event might help with. I think most of my characters have a hodge podge of blues and greens with +3 to +6 or so on average, since I've been going wide leveling everyone and their light cones to 60.

Does MoC continue up linearly in difficulty from FH or does it get easy again starting with #1?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

What's the museum bug?

If you ignore the goals in favor of building up the other stuff you can hit the arbitrary total points ending the developers had set and get locked out before you can unlock and earn the rewards.

Speaking of, I thought along with the delay they were letting people go back in and finish the job? Is that only if you missed rewards? I wanted to finish all the upgrades just for fun but it still just shows the retrospective for me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Got one of each featured 4* (Pela was the last release 4* I was missing, up to e2 for QQ) and lost the 50/50 getting Bailu e2. I think I might keep pulling casually, I kind of like Luocha and only really have my eye on Jingliu from the revealed bunch.

Is anyone spoiled yet who might fill in for Seele since I missed her banner? I haven't looked too closely at Blade's kit and I know they are all subject to change.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Hypercarry in general. I should check the details next time but I think I'm getting unrealistic expectations by occasionally borrowing a decked out whaled Seele from the assists.

I do like what I've seen of the one you mentioned thats not Blade so maybe I'll focus my saving there.

edit: I just need to pick one of Dan Heng or Sushang, I have good eidolons on both but can't afford to keep them both up to speed now that I'm in the TB50s and approaching 60 sooner than I'll be ready for.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They have a few characters gated that way in Genshin (Spiral Abyss 3-3 and 4-3) so it wouldn't surprise me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

She died and came back with a blindfold. Next death she'll get some earmuffs or nose plugs or something.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Trailblazer 60 is a straight jump to level 80, right? The wiki seems to have wrong info. I've been trying to get Jing Yuan better gear after noticing mine (the only lightning set I had at the time) was DEF stacked to the gills. I didn't notice he wasn't putting out the damage until I started trying MOC since everything else is so easy. Anyway I'm at TBL59.1 so I have to go all in on ascension and xp mats til I get there to have a hope of getting at least one or two people up to snuff.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeTZ4_77PA

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I never played flappy birds but I'm a veteran of joust, mario bros underwater, joust minigame in wow cataclysm, and a bastion world quest in wow shadowlands. And I still suck, crashing into pillars everywhere. Good times. I've only done this minigame once so far but the cooking one was pretty easy to get all the rewards.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I dislike the quiz one the most, too much popping into and out of the hotel and I got it for several days straight, then a day off, then twice more. I got one today where the ghost and his 3 ghost buddies were just across the platform, took me less than a minute to do the whole thing. And the other day just an old man to talk to for a few seconds.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Lost the 50/50 to Yanqing e1 which I'll take since I have Gepard and am working up Pela for Team Ice.

I kind of wanted Blade since I don't have Seele but I should probably hold out for Dan2, Jingliu, or a future hunt.

I'm excited for more story again, only played enough tonight to get down to the docks but the music and visuals have been great. The fights are bit tedious but I blame my own bad planning for weak characters at the moment.

Meowywitch posted:

YOU CANT GET AWAY

TIME TO TWIRL

I love so much that the new Himeko trial includes Herta so people can see how ridiculous the pair is on easy AE fights. Arlan died in round 2 of his trial for me lmao, everything focused him down despite March shielding herself.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Finished the new main story. I really liked the music. Story was interesting but yeah I'd had some of it spoiled for me ages ago on reddit. Mostly unintentionally though I did go looking ahead at upcoming characters when I first got into the game.

It is weird that the story beats felt like more of a character advertisement for Jing Yuan and Dan rather than Blade or Kafka. Though I guess Kafka already got her in game ad a few times.

Speculation I do wonder if the next planet will have a March 7th 5* and we won't get another MC path until next year sometime.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 19, 2023

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Harlock posted:

I'd hope a $1000 character is that powerful

$1400ish, source: watched several streamers pull for Blade E6 while crying over the cost. Two mentioned it was around that.

Maybe its just more videos like that showing up in my feed but I don't remember seeing anyone going for E6 Swolf, and the only one I saw go for E6 JY was his voice actor.

I'm curious if Kafka will be more popular than Blade.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I did a major cleaning of my relics, giving everyone the best ones I had in order of how much I liked them, then flushed all the rest because I was tired of looking at how many I had. Then I started upgrading and ran out of money 5 people in. Weeks later I started rotating in different characters again but oops they have level 1 relics. I'm just glad I'm at TL60 and hope I have some time before they raise the cap again. It will be nice slowly getting everyone up to snuff.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I like the characters and the music a great deal. The story is mostly okay with some good moments and nothing that really bothers me. I like that its very easy to keep up with when I'm busy but so far can expand to fill any amount of time I want to spend on it when I'm between other games or feel like playing. I can do bare minimum and not feel like I lost anything for the day thanks to muted autoplay on my phone, or I can load it up on my PC and crank up the music.

I do spend more on limited characters than is objectively sane but its an amount I'm comfortable with. I'm actively using and enjoying the characters unlike some other hobbies where I collect and set things aside, or steam games that fill my library and don't get played much, or the books in my kindle I want to read but haven't gotten around to yet. So far I've gotten everyone but Seele and Clara. I was planning on skipping 1.3 but both characters are looking very cool in their trials and previews so we'll see how it goes. It's hard to keep all the characters in usable condition (going wide with my stamina keeps me from getting to the back half of MOC) but now that I hit the level cap its only a matter of time. Until and if they raise that cap.

I'd like to see a release period of more rapid stops of the train, where we visit less involved worlds but they go wild with their imagination. Every stop doesn't need to be a 3 month epic quest. Like tv shows having one episode stories, 2-3 episode stories, and the overarching season story. Since they aren't doing full Genshin exploration they could easily do a lobby on a really crazy world and let us visit just for a sidequest and shopping or something. Yukong's story was great. Luocha's was funny. The main story had some fun moments and good music. They can do a good mix of comedy, western and eastern adventure themes, sci fi headiness, and batshit paranormal craziness. It's a good but weird setting with a lot of options to play with and I hope they embrace it. They've done a decent job so far with the side content.

They'll also need to reload the text messages from the other characters on a regular basis and give them some new stuff to say on the train at each stop. I'll be curious to see how they keep up with the game and if it keeps doing well after Kafka.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Related, I assume there's no achievement for using Tingyun against Phantylia the way there is using Blade or Swolf against Kafka, Serval against Gepard, or Bronya against Cocolia. Aside from the gimmick secret achievements Mihoyo usually doesn't correlate who you use in a fight with the lore. The canon version will be whoever is there in the cutscenes and dialogue did the fight with you, not whoever you bring to do the fight.

That said my impression is 4* Tingyun is Phantylia hence why no hangout or text messages. We may get another Tingyun down the line if the real one is found alive or something if they want to sell a 5* version.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Yeah but how would she show up on the train then? Maybe they'll ultimately decide some characters don't fit, but if Luocha and Silver Wolf make appearances, I'm not sure where they'll draw the line. I guess we'll see how they deal with Blade and Kafka eventually. Really I'm surprised Blade's companion mission isn't out yet.

She'll show up as a wubbaboo or fragmentum ghost :iiam:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Heyyy, my standard banner pity popped! :toot:

Time for March 7th to permanently hit the bench because it's ZERO DEFENSE SWORD SURFING GANG

(I ran out of ice ascension materials :shobon:)

I tried that setup and found it too skill point hungry but I'm probably playing badly and don't have my ice characters geared passably yet alone well.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I only tried in sim universe, probably world 7. I was new to Pela and using her skill too much probably, and SW kept landing quantum or getting resisted. I use her enough I need to get her to 80 and get her better gear. And Pela and Yanqing are both new with placeholder gear. The other problem is the enemies would always unfreeze right before YQ's turn, and I had his e1 for bonus damage against frozen.

I'll try again with better gear and planning soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I've gotten Ruan Mei twice but I'm going on 5 abundance runs at 21/22 including one where I got the required dewdrop in the second room. I'm missing 2 events as well so I need to look into which I'm missing. I should probably try to finish before the new SU content rolls in for 1.3.