Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Excited to get in at the ground floor here. I cannot wait to try and fail to make 2 erudition/2 nihility teams work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Paimon is my friend. You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

But she could learn to shut up and listen sometimes, yes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well I got some very lucky pulls; I got Welt (who is not what I wanted from the standard banner but my second choice isn't bad) on the second pull, plusServal and Pela (both of whom I like and want to use) in the first two pulls of the beginner banner, and my first 10 pull on Seele's banner for 4 stars ended up getting me Seele (and Arlan I guess). So that's nice.

This game is very funny by the way. It's a lot more fun to dunk on March as compared to Paimon since she seems like an actual adult instead of a baby gremlin, and whoever is in charge of writing the incidental dialogue...well, I just hope they're okay.

Also my icon is of a trash can, which is great.

My two problems so far is that I haven't found how to turn off random strangers friending me yet and everyone only seems to have one set of combat lines which gets old fast.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

When do you get whatever this game's equivalent of "XP item grinding levels" is? I'm guessing I should be sorta close. I just did the metaverse introduction stuff.

Pretty soon afterwards, though you run into the character XP thing first.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Peppy is my friend. Insert that meme about killing everyone in the room and then my self here.

Also my friend: Serval, who has very little importance to the plot so far but I got a random light cone with some of her backstory on it and it is good.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

On one hand Gepard punches which is unexpectedly cool.

On the other hand he is a cop.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Bruceski posted:

"Hey, a second Serval, always good to boost the AoE characters."
"Hmm, pulled Qingque. Another Erudition character. Oh well, I'll figure out if I like them more later."
"...the game just gave me a free Herta. Am I allowed non-Erudition units?"

The game will give you another free Qingque eventually! It's weird.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eimi posted:

The next guy is about equally as good as Seele just aoe focused, but the real difference maker is that the 4* on his banner are all amazing while Seeles are...not as good. Both characters should hold up, so if you like Seele more she's a great pick up, but if you are f2p and concerned about maximum value, waiting is the better answer.

Seele is already AoE focused!

...AoE means single target everything down in the four turns you get in a row, right?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thats what it'll take for him to let you rub his soft belly

If the dog does not want belly rubs we should respect that by only giving him the head pats he craves.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Boo on the post-boss cutscene for the ice planet.

We can't let people know our Supreme Guardian is fallible, says the person who will become the next Supreme Guardian. The fact that Seele, of all people, agrees is weird as all hell. And clearly the fact that Bronya is going to immediately reverse a lot of Cocolia's decisions isn't going to tip anyone off that maybe Cocolia didn't always have the right idea...

Ah well, Inazuma already taught me I wasn't too fond of Hoyo's politics, this isn't anything new.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is very funny how March goes 'Oh hey it's Pela' near the end of the Belobog story quests even though I don't think we ever actually directly talked to her and have no reason to care who she is (other than the unique character design and the fact she's been in my party since day 1, of course.)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tae posted:

You talked to Pela at the beginning of the city before meeting Cocolia for the first time.

I distinctly remember only listening in to her speech. Again, no reason to recognize her by name.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I didn't know you could talk to her afterwards, I didn't want to interrupt her speech.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Bruceski posted:

First world ending rant:

"A lie perpetuated for 700 years?" Did I miss something? The Architects have been working to the goal of Preservation this whole time, it's only recently that Cocolia fell to the Stellaron's influence. Is this about keeping the Stellaron secret? "Don't let anybody poke that thing until we figure out how to destroy it" seems like a good plan, it just took a long time because of the lack of outside help.

Yes, it's about keeping the Stellaron secret; very few people were even allowed to know that it exists or that it was the reason the Eternal Freeze kept happening and the Fragmentum kept expanding.

They have, in fact, been 'poking that thing' to some extent, they've just been keeping it secret. Part of Svarog's memories features a part where there's an older researcher talking about researching the Stellaron to a younger one, and then it cuts to later where the older researcher has spent his entire life researching it and both hasn't been able to come to a breakthrough and has been ordered to keep all his research secret.

They've been fighting the Stellaron until Cocolia, yes, but they've been actively hampering the possibility of finding a solution since they found out about it.

...Which is why Bronya deciding to keep what truly happened a secret a weird-rear end decision.

GateOfD posted:

Bullying March in every dialog choice.

As you should! She deserves it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sampo Koski is my friend and he has done nothing wrong.

Honestly his english VA made me like him more, not less.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Good lord if you aren't interested just don't read it?

I'm kind of interested but not enough to play through a game I'm constantly told has insane powercreep problems to the point where the guides I can find just straight up tell you which characters to try and get.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

In my experience every team in Genshin needs a healer/shielder it's just that most of them have other benefits too so it doesn't hurt.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sexual Aluminum posted:

It is good that the female trailblazer a college stoner who just rolled out of bed.

Also, Pom Pom, I love you and all but if you EVER leave the train and start following me around and giving advice I'm going to cry

Pom-Pom is being a good mascot and doing as much as he should, IE stand there and look cute.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Revitalized posted:

Is there a place where my current pity progress is listed or am I supposed to just keep track myself or counting the records page by page?

Keep track of it yourself.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hmm.

Do they ever actually explain why immortality seeking is bad in the China ship? Like, obviously the secret society advocating for people to become immortal is bad, they're clearly connected to the zombie virus, but even as soon as we show up they're like 'sure hope you aren't trying to be immortal!' and you can respond with 'of course I am not trying to become immortal I know that is the worst crime ever here'. Is this a cultural thing I'm supposed to just get, did I miss some dialogue somewhere?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

It's mentioned in the main plot. As a culture, they did actually achieve immortality with a gift from the Abundance, but apparently felt that it was a curse for some reason and have now sworn to hunt down and kill the Abundance (and therefore aligned themselves with the Hunt). So it's not some abstract "seeking immortality is bad" and rather a more concrete "we got immortality and it sucked."

Ah, ok.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

What you don't like her cloth leotard plus shorts combo?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hmm, which of the battlepass light cones should I get? I am tempted for the Nihility one because I don't have a 4-5 star nihility light cone yet (or, at least, one that I can use on my current nihility characters.)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Thank you for light cone discussion. Seems Welt and Pela will have to deal with 3 stars for the time being then.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I appreciate the Landau's commitment to theme naming.

And she's in the launch trailer so I imagine she will be playable eventually, assuming she is who I think she is.

Anyway I think they should have leaned into the 'Svarog does all the fighting for Clara' thing more and have her, like, not even notice she's in a fight. Just have Svarog do everything for her, don't even have her call for help and the like.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean you say that but unless Oleg is gonna end up playable in the preservation path (or Seele gets a second character) We Are Wildfire shows that isn't always reliable.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Maybe his lips will finally get animated.

Or maybe that's his gimmick, that he's a pro ventriloquist.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

i keep forgetting that sword surf boy both exists and is ice btw

I do keep thinking he's quantum, yes.

Between this and Genshin Hoyo really likes leaving out one single element from their standard banners.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eimi posted:

She is included in the grand character leak, so hopefully she is playable because that design is too cool.

I don't think there's any reason they'd give her the fancy character art if she wasn't playable.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

All of the disaster lesbians in this game (at least so far) are just disastrous people who happen to be lesbians, and that really only describes, like, two people. Mostly it's, like, Serval having baggage about Cocolia because of course she does.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Not true!

Sometimes they're spies.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

well now I love it less, because I think we should have told Serval the truth and its kind of hosed up we didnt.

Agreed, but there's always a chance that we'll come back to Belobog.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If HSR Cocolia is anything Honkai Impact's Cocolia I'm not sure the Stellaron is the cause of why they broke up

I mean they broke up specifically because Serval was trying to research the Stellaron and Cocolia fired her for it. That seems pretty cut-and-dry to me.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My first SU6 clear was Seele/Serval/Natasha/Asta based around one shotting her spears with the hunt resonance. My actual characters barely did more than charge it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I like the one that made no sense and I later learned it made no sense because it was based entirely around a reference to a game I hadn't played. Fun!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nihility is fun, and that's just with 2 actual dot characters on my team. Imagine what will happen with 3...or 4, if they add a DoT healer somehow.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Not gonna roll on this banner at all but it is nice to see the free characters are gonna get banners.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Everyone warns you to be afraid of pissing Pom Pom off and that is good enough reason for me to bully them.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Excelzior posted:

you will regret your thoughts and deeds when it turns out Pom Pom is the remnant of Akivili

Paimon is probably some sort of diety and I dunk on her just as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kale posted:

I love how Jing Yuans trailers and the Space China arc so far makes it perfectly clear that this guy might as well be General Chad Chaderson the coolest guy ever. Its like Big Ayato energy basically. Handsomeman design, great fighter, the wise philosophical chessmaster, the revered public figure that mentioning you know them gets you out of jail free, the tragic backstory forcing him into a role he probably didnt want but is super good at anyway despite nobody quite understanding his pain (TM)

The only thing he's lacking is the perfect little sister that everybody loves even more than him yet still is there to pump his tires at every opportunity, but he has a lion and protege instead I guess

Yes, a gacha game has ridiculously perfect characters. In related news, water is wet.