Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Server is up a bit early - now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I think I got someone good from the starter banner? At least her teamwide buffing and "choose a characte to go again" seems quite nice.

is MC worth actually using in this game, or is it like Genshin where you will quickly get someone better?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Anyone else on PC having issues getting OBS capture working properly with SR? When I initially installed it and loaded the game up, it was capturing just fine with all the same settings I use for genshin. But the next time I booted up the game it was giving me a black screen that I haven't been able to resolve since. Tried killing the input source and reloading it in OBS, tried running one/both as admin, etc. Odd behavior that I haven't seen on any other game this far.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Figured out OBS issue, apparently it really didn't like steam overlay running at the same time for whatever reason. Thanks AMD, etc.

Also my UID if anyone needs to call in a support Bronya is 600018913. Not sure where exactly to call that in though. Is that a virtual universe thing?

Unlucky7 posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that the game controls perfectly fine with k+m controls? I thought the same thing for Genshin. Granted, the lack of tool tips sucks.
Also, the drat pulling animation needs to be shorter.
KBM works great for me, camera is a bit twitchy though. Always spam the skip animation button on warps.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wait, does that mean I may have hosed myself out of an eidolon shard for physMC if I ended up spending my space station dosh on other things already?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

There are people who don't max-superimpose then lock 1 copy of every single lightcone type? I figure it's gonna be like genshin where there's almost certainly a character (either current or future) who a specific 3* lightcone is BIS or close enough to BIS for. Plus, you know, collectoritis.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

So there’s no way to turn off the skill and ultimate animations is there?
Not that I've found but 2x speed mode unlocks pretty early and it makes all of them bearable, at least for the characters I have currently.

Edit
Her light cone is pretty nutty, just rolled that in the event today so I immediately claimed it and a random purple hat, leveled it to 40. It owns.

v

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 28, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

All-Stars invite. I think this is a non-user-specific link: https://act.hoyoverse.com/sr/event/e20230115draw-wtn7k1/index.html

Edit
I think that's 30 warps for a guarantee not 3, because you get a decent chunk. I'm at like 15-16 without doing the discord or twitter crap and the event is running for another month still.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 28, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Man the ice world final boss music kicked into overdrive, that was great. Vocal track balancing was off though.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Artifact counterpoint - the 4pc set that gives you "+1 energy at the start of a battle" is insanely useful, and its 2pc synergizes with your healer so you'd be crazy to not use it. IIRC it was even from the storyline so it's not a random chance to acquire.

Was not a fan of fireMC at first, but she's growing on me. Still a substantial damage downgrade from physMC, but the lasting power is nice. I even got the achievement for finishing a boss solo in virtual universe 2 by abusing a set of "get shield on kill, get energy on kill, get health on kill" random modifiers due to her burst and empowered normal attacks since that boss loved to spam summons.

And my god, more "stuff" just keeps unlocking. There's like 6 different calyxes and a handful of different expeditions and a bunch of domains and weekly bosses and so on and so on. I'm still on the drat ice planet but there are so many sidequests and new features unlocking while I just derp around that I'm not really incentivized to keep pushing the main storyline forward just yet.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wall-of-text loreposting/theoryposting is interesting to read on occasion since it's nothing I would ever intentionally seek out otherwise, as I don't play any other Honkai games.

Also it's really hard to not just spend all these free gold tickets on the current banner, but I definitely want mob boss and hacker/gamer girl who are supposedly in the next banner :\

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Some ill-advised pulling got me 2 copies of ice sword boy (1 from standard, 1 from limited) so now I think I'm obligated to build him as a 5* with consteidolons. All I really wanted was clara. Only having a single non-5* healer feels a bit weird too, since it basically means I'll have to shove both shielding units into a second team to handle incoming damage.

Suggestions on effective teamcomps with this roster? I have mostly been running with fireMC/bronya/natasha/serval thus far. Just made it to space china and the enemies who res are annoying to deal with. It's starting to take more than ~1.5 rounds to wipe normal encounters too, so it feels like its time for a team switchup.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Welp, got the healer 5* lightcone from a random standard banner single pull just now. Guess I don't have to care about which one to slap on any other healers that come out moving forward.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

I was thinking about it. Feels bad to spend them now when I'll get a bigger payoff if I wait until a higher Equilibrium Level, though.
Yeah you get a better ratio of resin energy to materials later on, but consider you first gotta get to a higher trailblazer level to obtain that better ratio. Obviously you want to knock out the weekly bosses and fill in any relic holes before falling back to generic exp/materials, but aside from that I've just been burning most of my daily energy on character+cone xp since I like number get bigger and I'm still messing around with what teams and weapons I want to be using.

Remember you have 4 daily expedition slots for baseline exp/material too, entirely for free. There's no reason you have to burn all your energy on a certain material if you only need a few of it either. Just do a run or two to get the minimum needed then spend the rest on something else.

In the long run, it almost literally doesn't matter anyway. Yeah, it's not "optimal" to burn all your daily energy on relics before you even have a chance to get the 5* versions, but hey, if it lets you lock in maxlevel mainstat+substat 4* relics on your main team, by all means enjoy that power spike.

Unlike genshin, it seems there are some things in this game which are actually hard, but that's more from the standpoint of current level and resource limitations, rock/paper/scissors mechanics and roguelite RNG than anything, so whatever you want to field probably works just fine for basic overworld/storyline stuff.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Hook e4 get! I'm thinking run her with Astra for speedup+everyone burning for maximum bonus damage always?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Assuming she was e0, that cheese puts her at e2 and the glue means she had "good" blessings to choose from. But given someone is trying to solo she's probably already got a few eidolons out of the gate (putting her at e4 or e5 for the run) and her cone with a few superpositions/whatever.

Still nuts. I bet those hunt blessings are the energy/health on kill, which are hilariously OP.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is the "guaranteed 5 star of your choice after 300 pulls" permanent?
It's permanent but based on the wording you only get to pick one ever once you hit 300 - you don't get to pick another at 600 total then a third at 900 total, etc. One and done.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

m.hache posted:

Is there a way to track how close to a pity pull I am?
Open the warp menu and view details on the banner you're interested in, then count pages. Five pulls are listed per page.

There's also a paimon.moe equivalent but I didn't see a manual method to upload pulls easily like genshin without running a powershell script, so I didn't bother with that.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

My highest single hit so far is ~16.5k in the simulated universe with icesword boy ulting a status-broken, frozen boss, with bronya and fire mc's buffs both active and his passive/previous action buff active. It was glorious. His build is super scuffed right now too, without a great lightcone or leveled relics.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Apparently for the wish tracking site(s) you can actually just do the exact same thing you can in Genshin and manually snag the pull history link from data_2 in the game's Cache_Data folder. It should be the last link in the file starting with "https://webstatic-sea.hoyoverse.com/hkrpg/event/e20211215gacha-v2/index.html".

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's crazy that the game has been out for less than a week and people have already blown through all the available storyline content. I just landed on chinaship and talked to a hologram, at TL33, and I've been playing since day1 albeit not burning many fuels.

I am trying to keep a mindset of "it's a neat little turn-based RPG but instead of unlocking new characters by progressing, I'll occasionally just get one randomly" with a plan to play slowly over the long term and save up for upcoming characters i know I'll want, like silver wolf and kafka.

If you approach this or any other gacha with a "gotta collect all the characters" mindset (which they push you toward, naturally) you're gonna pay out the rear end or be miserable. SR feels, so far, more "fair" than Geshin, in that your freebie roster is actually really good (while GI's is just okay), so there's less of an implied need to pull better characters instead of just the ones you think look or play cool.

Bruceski posted:

Just got Yanqing from the basic gacha. Anything to note about the guy other than putting him on an end to take less splash dispelling Soulsteel Sync?
He really likes having bronya or another speed/turn manipulator around to maximize his number of skill uses per round.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

One of the things I am appreciating the most about this game compared to Geshin right now is that there are effectively 2 "endgame" modes that I can play, and get progression/crafting materials from even without consuming energy. That's huge. Though apparently the "material" mob drops from SU are capped at something like 100 per day? Similar to Genshin's overworld relic route daily drop limits.

Really really hope we get an equivalent to SU in Genshin at some point, because i do slightly prefer action combat element-combos over pure turnbased rock-paper-scissors.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That "reroll a mainstat" item seems like it would be cracked if it's not super expensive to craft and you can use multiple of them on a given relic, since it means you can level up all your relics to fish for good substats, and just apply the desired mainstat afterwards. That would be a massive time saver.

Sadly there's no info on wikis about the details of that item yet that I am finding.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I wonder how viable a dot-stacking comp would be, with like Sampo / Serval / Hook / ???.

Can dots crit? IIRC they cannot in Genshin.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That's why you run fire MC with the +aggro -damagetaken LC. I was starting to see some enemies (bosses mostly) resisting the taunt, but the taunt+LC has made that a nonissue thus far. It also lets you get away with more attacks instead of burning points on the taunt itself.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's the relevant main storyline characters (except natasha) from the ice world boss fight where MC gets cool fire powers and a badass magma lance..

I do hope they go back and add something similar to physMC's ult, and then continue the trend as more elements/locations unlock. It's a neat reminder of who was involved at various points of our journey.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Where is that cone from?
Landau's Choice - I don't have any refines on it, and I honestly can't remember if it was from the gacha or the memory shop or what. It's been a comfy pick though.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Planning to run this (I’ve been really lucky) but does anyone have any suggestions for harmony light cones? I have a superimposition level 5 meshing cogs to throw on either bronya or tingyun that seems alright but choices otherwise seems not too great.
Chorus is generically good and it's easy to hit max SI on. Carve the Moon is equivalent to Widsith from Genshin, but applied to the entire team and the buff changes every action. Past & Future for a bronya/seele should be nuts especially if you can get a few SI on it. Obviously the 5* if you have it.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Having minecarts move the direction you're facing when activating them was the most annoying part of that entire mission chain, especially when other interactables are right next to a drat cart.

And the whole "can destroy a galaxy" thing is probably accurate, at least in this setting. With aeons being the embodyment of concepts and the whole "paths" route to power, SR clearly runs on some variety of a xianxia/xuanhuan ruleset - and powerlevels in those scale well beyond utterly absurd levels pretty quickly.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wrapped up the available main storyline content just barely dinging TL37. I hope there's a metric ton of sidequests in this zone to make up the difference to 40 because it sucks being stuck at CL50. Not seeing it in my guidebook but I assume the ebon deer should be another weekly boss?

Also I guess it's cool that I'm now a long-lived species, on top of whatever lifespan increase the trailblaze path and being a stellaron-meatsuit gives me. Probably safe to assume true infinite lifespan at this point.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Bruceski posted:

What, because you ate the obvious poison?
Take no risks, win no prizes.

Autisanal Cheese posted:

So we were turned immortal by that drink?
Pill, but apparently yes. I also chose not to fight her during the confrontation, then she explained that it's either a poison or real immortality medicine depending on which recipe was used, claimed she always had my best interest in mind, and wanted me to just walk away rather than fight.

I have no doubt it will come up later in the storyline, but I'll take it at face value for now.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's never a bad idea or wasted resources to level up support units, since they will almost certainly be applicable in pretty many every scenario for the forseeable future. You do probably only want to focus on a single DPS unit right now though, or one main and one backup DPS at max, since the endgame content will eventually need 2 full teams.

What starts to be painful from a resources standpoint is having a large roster and making the mistake of both wanting to level and actually use all of them.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Yeah genshin teams are exactly the same - "teams" are characters only, not relics/artifacts or weapons. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to change that either.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

I went with Clara. I looked at it the same way as a person with a DNR order; let them live enough life that still has enjoyment, and then let them go.
Hell of a moral quandary to face down in a game like this, though.

I chose Svarog's side since it was both safer and didn't shackle her to the robot camp/rust town until pascal eventually broke down permanently anyway, and the texting conversation with her afterward was physically painful to experience. This game, man.

Considering that questline and the box-moving-puzzle girl questline resolution, I am dreading seeing what happens with the iron gate alleyway poor dude who is terrifed of the "ghosts" who keep disappearing other poor people in ice city.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Harvey Baldman posted:

and I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger and get Seele or wait and see if there are better options on the upcoming banners
You currently have two single-target DPS/nuke characters in your roster, with phoenixgirl and !lancer. If you have played with both of them but feel you're still lacking in the crucial single-target burst DPS role, pull away.

If you feel fine with your single-target damage output, hodl imo, but definitely at least play seee's trial a handful of times to decide whether you really like the character/animations/lines/etc first.

Pull with your heart over the meta, always.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Unless they go hardcore powercreep right out of the gate, an extremely strong burst/nuke character of a good element who also has resets built into her kit isn't going to be bad, pretty much ever.

If you like the character and they're fun, it's no loss either way. I don't care for the design of characters who use scythes in general, and I want silver wolf + kafka more, so I'm saving my pulls. To each their own.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Are E2 for dan or serval worth snagging in the currency shop oversaving for one of the LCs? Dan's looks like it would be quite nice but I don't use him much, just trying to think of futureproofing. Serverl can pretty much burst whenever I want already so I think hers is safe to skip.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I am halfway through TL38 and considering the same. Does energy work the same as resin in Genshin, in that anything which consumes it grants equivalent exp? So it doesn't matter what you use it on if all you want to do is level up?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Blorknorg posted:

Someone mentioned this in the discord, but there's basically a hidden daily reset on the cook robot near the currency shop itself, just across the 'lane' from the shop. It gives 20 currency a day (and two snacks) apparently just for talking to it? I kind of wonder if there are similar ones for the other planets too, though I certainly don't need more shields.
There's also a jade-compass minigame with multiple completions that resets daily on the worldship. I assume that is the equivalent of the cook robot. It's more annoying since you both have to compelte the puzzles and wait 10 years for the skiff arriving animation each time.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 6, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

SR is nearly identical to Genshin in many ways. Credit income seems to be one of them. Once you've burned through all the mainline and sidestory and random quests, the calyx is going to be pretty much your only real source of credits yeah.

I was sitting around 1.5mil before I made the terrible decision to level up all my characters and lightcones to 50, now I'm down to like 100k and almost at the point of needign to take evenyone to 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Oh man I severely underestimated just how expensive it is to level literally anything past 50. This is gonna be a grind. Added info to spreadsheet as well.

Regarding "break effect" the wording is unclear. Does this apply to "damage dealt (at time of breaking)" and "dot damage (while the enemy is broken)" and "how much the enemy is delayed (by a break)"?

Or are the dot and delay sections global, and apply outside of the enemy being broken?