Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

2 more hours?

The info I saw said 10pm EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Very surprised at how much life and personality is in the dialogue compared to Genshin already.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think the setting helps. It being sci fi means characters are allowed to be more..Modern? and like, silly in that sense, instead of a more stuffy high fantasy atmosphere.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There absolutely will be a point where the gacha model starts declining but it's pretty far off I think.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

Also have beta players determined whether it's a good idea to pull on the current event banner or hoard for a later one?

The next banner guy is apparently real good but Seele is cute + also good so go with your heart.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's not worth it at all unless you're whaling.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

I think one of the main developers said they love the Trails Of series which has some of the most plodding dialog of any rpg so this tracks

What the.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Decided to try this out since I'm always up for a sci fi RPG (and they've been fairly rare recently), and it's been pretty good so far. Did have one concerning issue though, that I've never had a problem with before. Namely, doing the 7GB download had it actually automatically cancelled the first time, as it actually overheated my phone. Never had that happen before with other games, so I'm being somewhat wary as I play through - no more issues so far though.

Haven't done any rolls outside the single tutorial roll so far (pulled Asta), as not entirely sure what I'm looking for yet and the currency is apparently relatively rare.

You spend your standard tickets on the newbie banner till you get a 5 star and then save or spend accordingly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Say, question for the folks who are further ahead in the story. Are there any "weekly boss" equivalents that should be unlocked before weekly reset on monday? I've already got all the sim universe stuff for the week.

You can refight the end planet bosses for rewards 3 times a week, have to beat the snow planet for it to unlock.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got the 5 star Preservation LC from the free tenner they gave us, pretty happy since I wanted it for Pres MC anyways, and now I don't have to pick up the one from the BP.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

When one of the arguments connecting these things was that a generic NPC in mondstat with a generic first name was secretly this big bad guy from Honkai, who looked nothing like him, I knew that people trying to force lore connections were reaching hard.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got Bronya off standard, now I can do some sicko enabling strats for Seele since I also have Tingyun

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

calm the heck down about old game lore kale, imo

Anyway I'm like 60 rolls in and still haven't gotten a 5* from Seele's banner. I'll probably have to wait till TB 25's free rolls to finally trigger it. Fingers crossed.

Those are standard tickets, aren't they?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

Shhhh we're not allowed to talk about this stuff anymore

You know people were a bit too mean regarding the lore posting crap but acting like a little passive aggressive bitch like this does you no favors dog.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

Is the only realistic-over-time method of getting tickets just the five from embers a week? And I guess a few from level ups here and there.

no one here is a cop, stop being a loving weirdo

The embers tickets are going to be 5 a month not week, the first reset just happens to kind of work out for both.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

And now the waiting begins...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So it seems like the clear winner LC on the BP is the Nihility one, right?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Flowing Thot posted:

I hate having a guy in my team but I am forced to admit Welt seems great. Decent damage with good utility.

o_O

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pela being a huge Tears of Themis fan and her phone case even being the cast is really funny/cute to me. Kindred spirit for sure...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

Honestly even if I were a huge whale I'd probably be slamming character pulls because if I were trying to giga min max, some of the eidolons for existing characters look way more impactful to your powerlevel than a slightly more optimal light cone effect.

Question about the pity system: on the limited banners, you hit the coinflip hard pity at 90, and then you're guaranteed the banner character the next time you hit 90. I've also been told it carries over between banners.

So, to make sure I'm clear on how this works: Say you pull on the Seele banner 90 times and get an off-banner. You then pull on the banner again 30 times, but don't get a 5*. If the banner then rotated to Jing Yuan, would you be 60 pulls from a guaranteed Jing Yuan?

Yes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sim world 5 is rough, my only bar breaker got killed so my attempt was donezo but I was on the boss at least. the mind control and stacking damage buff really is hard to deal with. Guess I'll wait until I hit the next world level and can take my guys to 60.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

drat, can't complain even if the def is kinda whatever.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There we go. Jeeze. I stubbornly refused to swap out for Nat for the debuff and instead just stacked disillusion and freeze blessings and even then the last few turns were 3 of my party mind controlled and only won due to the big freeze damage nuke from disillusion at the end of their turn.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

What is superimpose and why is it needed?

It's this games terminology for limitbreak/whatever gacha game of your choice uses. enhance a lightcone by giving up dupes of it which increases its effect.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

World 6 down. The Hunt is definitely amazing here, but I kept getting unlucky with people dying in the boss fight. Even this time I barely won because I wasted the Path Resonance early by accident.

Almost won this myself using The Hunt as well...But getting real bad RNG on phase 2 going from power up - > immediate ult due to enemy Bronya using combat redeployment hosed me enough that I stalled out at 48~% on the last lifebar. Jealous you managed it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Whew, tried it again and cleared pretty effortlessly. Choosing the 2 uses of the Hunt power + "regain power on defeated enemy" was the way to go, letting you feed off her adds went a huge way to helping getting Bronya down passively during phase 2 as well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's good to use the fuel in moderation but hoarding it just means yeah you'll have more to use at higher ranks but you'll take days and days more to reach that point. I've made liberal use of my fuels for stuff like SU and some boss grinding and I'm about to hit 40 tomorrow, just got 1k rep left. Would rather be this close than languishing in EL2 for another week.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hit EL3 and now this is where the true grind sets in, which I expected though. Purple EXP drops now from the exp node but only 1 per run so it's still a pain to get characters up, and the credit node is only 20k a pop.

At least this gives me something to do/plan out while we wait for content.

e: also unlocked relic crafting, and you get 1 stat customizable item a BP it seems to ensure a non trash piece so that's cool. But it seems like it's only mainstat customization which is..less ideal lol.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 3, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pela is extremely good!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Seems you get 2 of the boss mat on the E3 version, sick. Also was still a giant pushover lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

frajaq posted:

....is Kafka the next banner after this general dude?

No. she's going to be in like 3 or 4 banners iirc.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yep. His LC is also super nuts so if there's any banner to possibly dip into that it's going to be that one as well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You're going to deal with beefy and high damage output trash mobs when pushing higher SU and memory (or whatever it's called) challenges.

But for the main story it's probably never going to matter, yeah.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

MechaX posted:

Welp, unexpectedly managed to pull Seele and Pela this morning with only special tickets I had

At this point should I now be special feeding tickets into that Light Cone event for that 5-star light cone, or into the Seele banner to get dupes for eidolons for her?

Unless you are ok with whaling I would save them instead. You'd need multiple Seele dupes for it to be 'worth it' since IMO E1 is not that crazy. And her LC is real good but she's so strong I don't think she really requires it to be good, meanwhile the next banner's LC looks crazy good so I'd say it'd be better to use on that if you are planning on going all in on an LC banner.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Something to keep in mind for players who aren't really familiar with gacha games, the generosity we got at launch/early level up one time bonus stuff is not going to be the norm and the amount of crystals and tickets you get is going to be significantly less going forward, so if you aren't planning on being a wallet warrior it is almost always better to save than to get greedy on dupes or LCs.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 4, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It is cruel there's no dedicated silvermane badge farming node

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

At least in SU, bosses have an enrage if you take too long as well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I always felt like the gameplay style in Genshin didn't mix very well with gacha daily chores, they took too much effort to have to teleport near grinding nodes and then follow them around after every completion, etc.

Love how streamlined it is here.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You know, I have no idea why you can block people or set nicknames for them on your friends list when unlike Genshin it seems like you can't message them or anything. Guess they just copied the friend framework wholesale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Beat the second difficulty of SU3 just now, wasn't really that bad. Didn't seem like it had any extra gimmicks added to the boss fight either.