Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Meta choice is to save special ticketz for banner 2, better 4 stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

For reference, we get natasha for free from the story and sushang/majong girl/asta are also free.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The "qiqi" is considered probably the best pick because there's literally only 2 healers in the game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

For the (lvl 30 spoilers) Svarog fight out of Asta, Serval, and Tingyun, would would the best to raise and bring to the fight?

Think I need to bring at least one of those as only one of my current team can take advantage of his weaknesses.

Dan Heng legit will solve the problem hard, even at level 20 since he brings enough elemental break. Save his ult to one-shot break bars. And I had no support otherwise on my team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

How important is it to have a spread of elements to cover weaknesses, putting aside skills that proc off of weakness break or hitting weaknesses? I want to use my Yanqing but March is already my ice character, and I think I may need to have her in my party for most of the time until I get another Abundance or Preservation character.

Only really matters for boss fights, but not having anyone that can reliably break is pretty bad unless you whaled hard to just outmuscle the game.

Pain of Mind posted:

Can you miss quests or get locked out of areas? Been playing for a bit and have a quest to give Himiko my decision, but starting to get a few random quests for other people as well. The tutorial is still guiding me toward the story quests I guess, I just got warp.

The space station is permanent, it's how you do the rogue-lite simulator for your weeklies

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Zenostein posted:

What level does the game expect you to be at once you leave the station? I've been milling around collecting stuff and doing quests, which made me begrudgingly level my dudes up to 10. But there's lv. 17 FOEs milling around, and I found some 19s. So I'm wondering if it's actually worth my while to bother with those or if I should just get on with it and start my exciting space adventures and come back later.

Hell, I'm not sure I even have enough stuff to level anyone up that high.

You literally run into your first stamina-waster domain for EXP books when you land on the ice planet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

delfin posted:

So, level up the Sushang I pulled yesterday. Gotcha. I see that she smushes enemies with a giant leaping chicken, and ordinarily that's more than good enough for me, but what else does she bring to the table?

She's single target pure dps, she has a chance to just do extra attacks after every attack and just keeps building up momentum.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Serval is actual band singer ami, too

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Revitalized posted:

Is the primary method of leveling up just from those Level Up items that you pickup? Seems like without using them I end up under-leveled?

You reach a domain that lets you use stamina for wave fights to get exp, that's how you level up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You can switch freely between controller and mouse, unlike Genshin

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Meiteron posted:

What are some good team comps for the first simulated universe? I went in at like 14 and got mulched by the bosses, levelled up to 20, went back in, and got mulched by the bosses again I just got a little bit further. I guess I can just do other stuff until I unlock ascensions but I feel like I'm missing something.

I haven't done too many rolls yet so I don't have any major gacha characters I'm working from what's free so far.

Uh, maybe get through the story and get the free Natasha.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

:yeah:

As someone with Experience on the subject, I can definitely say that this very much feels like Brother Wei Does A Trails Game. Specifically, with the fairly tightly-focused core cast, it feels a bit like Brother Wei Does A Crossbell Game While Also Using The CS Train, which, good taste there, Dawei.

I mean, the director of hsr is a simp for a reason. His name is david, for reference.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Decided to try this out since I'm always up for a sci fi RPG (and they've been fairly rare recently), and it's been pretty good so far. Did have one concerning issue though, that I've never had a problem with before. Namely, doing the 7GB download had it actually automatically cancelled the first time, as it actually overheated my phone. Never had that happen before with other games, so I'm being somewhat wary as I play through - no more issues so far though.

Haven't done any rolls outside the single tutorial roll so far (pulled Asta), as not entirely sure what I'm looking for yet and the currency is apparently relatively rare.

Special Tickets are for limited units like Seele. Standard tickets are for the standard banner and the beginner banner. Basically throw your standard tickets at the beginner banner until you get a 5 star, and then freely throw any future ones at the standard banner.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hellioning posted:

It is very funny how March goes 'Oh hey it's Pela' near the end of the Belobog story quests even though I don't think we ever actually directly talked to her and have no reason to care who she is (other than the unique character design and the fact she's been in my party since day 1, of course.)

You talked to Pela at the beginning of the city before meeting Cocolia for the first time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just unlocked how you get the last two relic slots.

Thats much different from the betq i was in, hrm.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

For the lurkers who feel bad about seeing people with multiple 5s: I've got nothing but the guaranteed 5 from the newbie banner and I'm not even remotely close to any pity. There, expectations normalized. You'r welcome....

Im 65 pulls into seele and 35 into standard and still have only the beginner 5 star, yanqing, who i cant use for many things.

I am forced to be f2p.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

saying a unit might fall off is silly, reminder that most characters don't have all their passives unlocked at this point due to AR lock.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

1stGear posted:

Is it worth burning the gold Passes on the Light Cone banner or am I better off just saving them for the next special event? Already got what I wanted off the Seele banner.

Or I guess burning them on the Seele banner for Eidolons, but that seems insane.

5 star Cones are even more devalued in HSR than weapons are in genshin

And more characters is way more valued than Genshin because of break system and team comps

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hate that I don't have sushang or tingyun, the only 2 4-stars that would legit change my team dynamic.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My daily commission was finishing this guy's thesis, and now I joined some scammer secret dark society.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Welt is an expy of da wei

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Are there any good harmony LCs to look out for for Tingyun? ATM I just have a 4* one that boosts atk for characters of the same element which would be nice in an experimental Tingyun + Serval team but not very relevant to my current Clara team, and a 3* one that's just a simple speed boost for X turns after start of fight.

Kinda tempted to get the harmony LC off the BP even if it is a bit mid.

3 star chorus or meshing cogs?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I played every day in genshin because I liked it, and paid for just Welkin on like 80% of the time. I have most of the 5 stars I want (which is basically missing 6-8 at this point).

If HSR is like Genshin, you will average 50-ish rolls every patch with Welkin and in the long run, get everyone you want.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Also, who is the worst character in the game and why is it Arlan. I cannot figure out what his role is that Serval cannot do better.

Arlan is a late-game DPS that has the unique situation of not using Skill points to maximize damage. He doesn't feel good because no one has good enough relics and/or combo buffers to take advantage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

sushibandit posted:

If you approach this or any other gacha with a "gotta collect all the characters" mindset (which they push you toward, naturally) you're gonna pay out the rear end or be miserable. SR feels, so far, more "fair" than Geshin, in that your freebie roster is actually really good (while GI's is just okay), so there's less of an implied need to pull better characters instead of just the ones you think look or play cool.

I mean, XQ and Bennet are buyable from the shop and Xiangling is free (Alongside DMC is immediately gettable.) Relative to the scale of Genshin, people can absolutely curbstomb genshin without getting what you want 5 star wise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bussamove posted:

Three if the leaks are accurate. She’s the second 1.1 banner according to them.

No, 1.2.

1.1 is expected to be Luocha/Silver Wolf with Yukong as a new 4 star.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you didn't realize, Fire MC's taunt is a debuff so if you're confused why it doesn't work sometimes, it's because the enemy repelled the debuff like Freeze.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

Having finally run through almost all of the free resources and still in the "cursed to not pull any 5*s before hitting maximum pity" zone, I'm nervously looking at the countdown timer on the Seele banner and beginning to ponder cracking open the emergency fund and burning my starlight for tickets, as much as I don't want to do that.

1) There's still almost 2 weeks left

2) Getting all the curios and blessings in Sim world is a lot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The 4 star rateups are not great, compared to the next banner as far as improving your roster. Tingyun is arguably more important than Seele in the long run.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I stopped caring about world 6 when I learned there's an actual scaling penalty being lower level than the enemy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yukong is also imaginary and 4 star

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Leaks also said console version of hsr will come next patch.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

someone awful. posted:

that's ridiculous, they have perfectly good controller support set up on PC so why doesn't the mobile version support it? heck i set up moonlight to play HSR on it last night and it felt great

Bribery, apple has sole rights to controller support for genshin

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The jing banner isnt a leak, it's in-gane iirc in the news section

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I got Bailou from the Standard Banner this morning, so I guess that's goodbye to Natasha forever except for niche two party situations.

Good luck with debuffs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Not-China is like maybe 30% done, it's weird to compare it to a finished planet

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Substandard posted:

I think I've built my fire protag wrong because she doesn't do great damage and her shield amount is not huge. What mainstats should I be focusing on for her?

She's OK, but I really only use her for fire reactions because my normal Seele and Pela and Sushang put out way, way more damage. I'm like TB lvl 39 and everyone is level 50 if that matters.

The point of fire mc is to basically keep your team alive in a lot of ways with just 1 skill point. Her shields are small, but they refresh for basically free every turn, and are under the 15% damage reduction for anyone that gets past MC.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ayndin posted:

Unless they drastically mess with her kit/numbers, Silver Wolf (in 1.1) is going to be at a minimum excellent and probably a significant defensive and offensive buff to literally any team.

They did change numbers. A lot of her debuffs were nerfed both in numbers and duration, and her damage went up instead.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Zokari posted:

the daily mission usually takes like 3 minutes for 200 training points, i cant imagine why someone would skip it

because I can also just take a photo or consume trash which is faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I can only assume it's to keep file sizes down on mobile or something.

It is, they put an option this year to delete old data from expired events to cut down size.