Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m really digging this one. I tried Genshin Impact but I couldn’t get into the writing, it was veeery dry.

Meanwhile Star Rail just has a lot of really funny little flourishes I keep stumbling on and you can play the nameless one as an absolute weirdo non-stop.

like this reminds me of Portal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I solved all the other maps on Jarilo and Herta by myself with no guide to find treasures, but ngl the Luofu maps make me sound like the computer from I have no mouth and I must scream, I’m foaming with rage as I hit 300 locked doors.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Wait, what’s the set up? Did I miss an optional questline? It did feel a bit rushed and abrupt.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Ooh, that bit. Yeah that whole thing was… odd.

To me it felt like they had these big set piece moments planned, but the connective tissue was missing. You don’t spend enough time with the new characters to really care, it’s spread too thin between the “you should roll this character” previews. 10,000 overworld puzzles and quests where everyone’s only talking about their goals or where they need to go on the map. Immortality bad, this is space China, fetch this, here’s the boss.

The blind alchemist lady one was the most bewildering because it’s a bunch of fetch quests, one quest that gives her 3 seconds of characterisation with the blind kid that could actually have led into an exploration of abundance from the perspective of someone with a reason beyond “immortality!!!” and given the conflict any depth at all. Instead it’s “we could have been best friends bye I’m the villain now.”

Veeery rushed.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I understand theoretically the Herta store superior options are the fancy LC, but I will never not take silver tickets until I get Clara. My underleveled/unoptimised/don’t even look at my relics Blade, Seele, Bronya and Luocha team already annihilates most of the 76s SU on elation path and I want to swap Bronya for Clara and see how funny “you’ll counter every attack? Oh nooooo (seventeen crit damage numbers pop up)” can get.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Ibblebibble posted:

I can confirm that you can use Clara as your only DPS on an Elation run that gets the proper buffs. Girl can casually throw out 500k ult counters when she's built and buffed up.

I must shake the banner until Clara falls out.

When I want to guarantee a win, and I don’t care about winning round limited occurrences, I go hard into nihility or abundance then afk with auto and come back in 20 minutes. When I want to see Blade take out 40% of the bosses HP in one ultimate counter chain, I do Elation. I can’t wait until I have any actual 80 characters with 80 LC and relics, I spread my exp too thin and now I just have a lot of 60s with bad/no relics.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Maybe dumb but I didn’t spot it in the OP: is there a place for friends codes? I only have a couple because I’m a dumbass who started on a US server when I’m Aussie (did rolls too good to restart and now live a 300+ ping life) and my pals are all Asia, so wouldn’t mind grabbing a better range of 80s to stop refresh spamming. I’m 600401169

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Is it just me, or are the latest companion missions … a lot better writing-wise than the current main story atm?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I guess without the crutch of flashy cutscenes and bosses, they had to work on making us care about the characters the old fashioned writing way.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Abandon main quests, embrace “what the hell is with this gate guy?” Quests.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
It automatically swaps when you win the first round. So if there are two enemies in the first map, you have to beat both with team 1. Then it’ll swap to team 2 for the next round.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
MoC is definitely end game, I still haven’t gotten that far in (because instead of making a few strong geared up characters, I farmed exp non-stop getting everyone up to 60/70 without doing relics or light cones…)

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Where’s my option to change routes, the stellaron hunters are getting all the fun quests.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Having rolled Kafka and done the companion mission, I am even deeper into the opinion that the text messages being gacha-locked is awful. I know, I know, it’s whalebait, but it’s one thing to be getting silly side-texts about the puppy on Herta station from characters the plot already has in the backwindow aannnd

another to be getting texts from the Stellaron hunters after the giant lore bomb we just got. Them treating MC as a gaming buddy, asking them what they like now in movies, casually updating them about how they’re going, etc. that hits a lot different now.

And obviously these relationships are going to be a major ongoing part of the plot. This sort of character establishing interaction should nooot be gacha locked.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Karanas posted:

Did Kafka mind control those dudes into holding a trial for her purely for shits and giggles? Their eyes go normal only at the end.

She says “I’m listening” so I assumed her mind control abilities had kicked in then.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I find the relics/light cone/traces etc. a bit overwhelming even with guides due to just how drat much there is to track.

What are the best all-rounder LCs (ones I can shuffle around to suit most characters of that path) I should prioritise levels on? I haven’t got any 80s and most are 1-60, I think it’s sandbagging me a little now I’m in 75+ content, but stamina is so drat precious.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Hey, a Herta upgrade!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

facepalmolive posted:

I used to hate Yanqing but I think I've underflowed and I like him now because he's hilarious. He exists purely to get clowned on over and over again.

https://youtu.be/luvVDut_cv4 This short summing it gives me a laugh

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m almost to 65, but I really need to hold off on raising my world level I think. I have no fully raised and equipped with relic characters (I don’t mean good relics, I mean any relics, they’re naked) and most are sub 70, and I’m reading the event difficulty spike could be a real issue if I don’t have at least one good team. On the other hand, better drops?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Alrighty then, I trust you guys over the random redditors saying they couldn’t complete events after because they needed more 80s. I’ll just work on getting Kafka and Luka rolling so I have a strong nihility path team to try the higher SU next week.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

I have good gacha luck so I got lots of stuff to level, so I spent all my stamina on exp + money, then some traces + money, then I tried leveling all my LC up so that was exp + more money, and I like SU so I was spending all my scraps of remaining stamina in there and those 3/3 war nodes that took the rest. :j: now I’m broke, body relic-less and stalled until I gear them up and finish a few off.

E; to clarify I mean I had a main party like the trailblazer in random purples from chests with no regards to stars, not everyone was completely naked. Just. Most.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

big cummers ONLY posted:

I think a quick power boost for you would be 2-4 days or so farming for mainstat pieces for your main team, and maxing their levels. They don't have to be perfect. You can use broken sets and stuff. Just getting the right mainstat in each slot and taking it to like, +9 will be a massive strength increase for you. If you hit 65 while doing that, I'd just do the EQ thing and use supports to keep farming - provided that you think you can do enough runs to kit everyone out before the event ends.

That's just me though

:cheersdoge: Can do. Luocha does all my healing so I’ll start there and see you in a few weeks

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Having Blade’s fun because all the hunters keep borrowing his phone to text you. And if you run into him in the overworld you can try to Bladie him. But Kafka is definitely the standout with the companion quest choices for this patch. Honestly, it feels like the hunters have gotten more love than the Luofu cast. Lightning lord who?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
If we are wrapping up Luofu, talk about a speedrun plot-wise.

But the new QoL looks great. SU stuff looks interesting but a bit complex, I’m sure it’ll make more sense in-game after taking it for a test drive.

Quantum stays winning.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Are reruns going to be that common? I’m used to gacha where you might wait a year+ to get a banner second run.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I just grab the 1 star Herta blessings to prop up my path if I’m lacking in them. The highest I’ve ever gotten was I think I had 20 straight Abundance (which is an extremely funny way to achieve total immortality.)

:j: let’s get ready to reliiiiic

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Kale posted:

Oh so that's the reason of behind the one fanart I saw of her glaring down at Blade like a pyschopath with him having blood pouring out of his mouth and a dead eyed stare. Thought it was just an edgy fanartist.

Yeah I hadn’t checked the lore, rolled him, checked his character story on ascends and went :stonklol: That fanart is just a scene from his level 20 info.

The most interesting part of Honkai right now for me is the hunters, especially since the dang heng stuff is 80% fleshed out in the data bank and we don’t have that much on the rest of the Astral Express yet (I never played impact). The only thing I really don’t want is the theorising Sam = Sampo in armour. It would be a massive downgrade for me and I won’t pull if that’s the case, I don’t like Sampo at all.

For the survey I put in that I thought text messages (or at least Kafka’s) should be at least partially separated from rolling them. It will do nothing, of course, but hope springs eternal.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

The missing torment me. No matter how much I fish, no luck.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Sexual Aluminum posted:

While you were having premarital sex, I leveled the blade

How do you get this cool stat sheet?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m going for fu xuan then topaz, (unless i get fu xuan very easy, in which case I might take a few rolls on jingliu.) I have enough raw dps that I don’t need IL, but mostly I want to beat people to death with a space pig.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I don’t care about stats, I just want to beat people to death with the cashmoney space pig - her being good is just an added bonus.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
https://youtu.be/M6jvUuarJbg?si=J2LEpAUa4jMPnoMr

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m not bothering with eidolons when every new banner is new 5 and/or 4 stars. Maybe once reruns start and it’s not back to back new characters I’ll consider eidolon rolls.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m just not interested in getting a character I already have when he’s not significantly different story or personality wise. His animations and all that are great, but sticking a new kit and horns on Dan Heng doesn’t change that he’s the exact same character a couple of hours past the launch content. He feels like a path toggle upgrade that should have come free with the story.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m hoping they spent all the dev’s time on making the new SU fun.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm noticing some new voices when talking to NPCs/new mini quests when walking around. Are those from 1.3 too? The Pacific Rim reference was pretty funny.

Herta has some new overworld NPC voice acting too, not sure if anything’s new in Jarilo.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Meowywitch posted:

The incidental humour/funny dialogue in this game remains genuinely funny, so I'm glad

Honestly I’d be happy if they didn’t do weird splits in the main story - I refuse to believe the current patch MSQ wasn’t meant to be in the last one, it’s just such an awkwardly janky separation and doesn’t have a single bit of combat - and instead alternated main story patches with more overworld sidequests and poo poo like the museum.

Most of my favourite moments actually come from running around the overworld and bumping into weird little hidden things - the immortal vase, the belobog alleyway, the herta meeting room, etc. - and doing sidequests like the mushroom poet. It… seems to have a lot more heart put into the writing? To me, at least, the main story is often generic and screams “roll this cool character”, but the trashcan dramatic fiction fantasies? That’s a team trying to write a fun sci-fi rpg, not hardsell a png.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Oh I just noticed the changed dates and removal of the alley timelock, looks like they’re panic-pushing everything forward a week? CN fandom is generally vocally unhappy with the lack of content new patch so that makes sense.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Hating on the pig-flail spacegirl and the criminally fun stabbing pals while Sampo is out here scamming, hustling and worst of all: sending annoying text messages? smh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Herta shop is for silver tickets. Chance for waifu > guarantee of LC.