Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Ooof. I'll usually reroll a little bit to get a character I really want, but that is a bit much. I guess I'll just have to play as God intended -- with a heavy heart, and an empty wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Given all the changes they've made to characters just in the past few days, and the :effort: to reroll, I'm just going to hoard my rolls like a goblin until Kafka comes out.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

2 more hours?

5 more hours

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

UHD posted:

I hope this game has three paimon

I believe a group of Paimon is called a buffet.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Codes for some freebies:

HSRGRANDOPEN1
HSRGRANDOPEN2
HSRGRANDOPEN3
HSRVER10XEDLFE

Gearman fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 26, 2023

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

My UID for friend adding on NA:

Running Welt as a helper for that elemental coverage.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Revitalized posted:

Is the primary method of leveling up just from those Level Up items that you pickup? Seems like without using them I end up under-leveled?

Yep, you slam those to get the vast majority of your levels.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

sushibandit posted:

Wait, does that mean I may have hosed myself out of an eidolon shard for physMC if I ended up spending my space station dosh on other things already?

I'm pretty certain you can acquire enough of the regional currency to empty the shop.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Mix. posted:

Pela seems like she's gonna be really strong with investment, but also she's just a loving Sage from XIV and i love that

Yeah, I think Pela and Welt are going to be end game Gods. Their utility scales really well as the rest of your team gets better and will pretty much always be useful.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 29, 2023

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

What's the deal with these floating robots and the memory bubbles?

For Memory Bubbles I've got that if you try to touch them they say something like "find someone who knows about them." If you talk to Herta standing near the train platform she enables the option to touch them. But after touching a bubble the screen just spits out a wall of text on a black background and I've been either too stoned to read them or too tired to care. There doesn't seem like there's a menu to track these bubbles but I'm sure there must be?

There are also those floating robot things that let you force a shutdown and then they do nothing. Haven't figured out what they're for either.

If you keep deactivating the robots, eventually you'll trigger the next step. For the bubbles, I don't know of any way to track them, unfortunately. The writing around those is pretty great though.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

I love this loving game. :allears:

I love that whole side quest. Buddy, you had me sold at 'discount' now send me the link, damnit.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Thread would have never gone off the rails if there had been trash cans on the second world. Miyoho, please, our society is falling apart.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 30, 2023

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Do they explain why the train is a revolver?

Yours is the gun that will rail the heavens.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kanos posted:

I was completely flabbergasted at people talking about how easy they found world 4. The boss there is absolutely murderous unless you have some pretty intense DPS, with his last phase seemingly 100% designed to punish turtle strats. First time I went in to him with a mediocre blessing build I got absolutely flattened, and second time I squeaked by narrowly because he decided to grab Bailu 3 times in a row and completely lock out my healing for the entirety of phase 3.

God tier blessing synergy makes things very easy, and mediocre/bad blessings makes things borderline impossible.

Serval + Fire MC + Nihility tree made easy work of it. If you get the blessing that prevents DoTs from falling off, you pretty much auto win because stacks are preserved between phase transitions. By turn two you'll likely have 99 stacks and every time he takes a turn he'll lose like 25% of his hp, likewise for all the adds that get summoned.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I think it's worth doing a few pulls on the Jing Yuan banner even if you're not very interested in him just to get a Tingyun and/or Sushang. Tingyun rivals 5*s despite being a 4* and will only make your future 5* DPS better.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Team building and composition really comes down to the specific content you're doing and the weaknesses of the enemies you're facing. For just general running around you can pretty much do whatever you like. For Simulated Universe and Forgotten Hall, you'll want to change your team(s) up quite a bit.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Though "ah gently caress it I'll give it one more 10x before it changes over" and there's our boy Yuan. Good thing I think he's neat!
Edit: dampens the blow of accidentally buying ten regular passes at one point tbh

Congrats! He is real cool and good.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I did 5-2 for the first time and won. Went full Nihilism*, which was pretty fun. My character damage was low, but the boss was taking like 10+% of her HP in DoT damage per turn by the third round (due to that one stacking Nihilism debuff). Survival was also greatly aided by the "split damage among everyone" blessing + "reduced damage to shielded characters" + "reduced damage to characters at full health" (Bailu's Talent is great for this). The boss just couldn't do much damage to me, and March + Fire MC (I had the "30% chance to remove debuffs on shielding a character" blessing) had an easy time removing her debuff. Welt was also good at damaging/delaying her and stripping her shield.

* Still only got 9 Nihilism blessings though, even with multiple blessing rerolls seeking them out - I have no idea how some of you guys always seem to have like 13-15 all from the same Path, since I usually encounter a bunch of choices where there simply aren't any blessings from my chosen path.

Congrats! Nihilism is real good and tied with Hunt for my favorite.

For number of blessings it's mostly just luck. Sometimes you just get hosed and you just deal with it. Most people aren't posting their merely average runs so there's a bit of a bias when comparing yourself to what you see people sharing. That said, you eventually learn which options to take if you need more blessings. For example, a 'Combat' will always give you a blessing, whereas an 'Occurrence' might not.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

It's also competing for pull currency against: a top tier support character (Silver Wolf), a healer that a lot of people probably want/need (Luocha), and soon thereafter, Kafka (Kafka). Not a lot of people, outside the whales, want to be spending currency on light cone right now, even if it is very good.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Walla posted:

What upcoming units are people looking forward to? I'm really hoping to pull Luocha because then I can build a team with SW, Welt and Quinque and feel good about it.

It's not a take I agree with, but I've seen several youtubers express disappointment in him. How much of that is a reflection of the community as a whole I couldn't say. I don't go on reddit or discord. I've stopped using him because I feel like he requires a level of micromanagement to be effective, and I have other units that are easier to use and are nearly as powerful.

I think Luocha is going to be pretty popular for anyone that doesn't have Bailu. After that it's Kafka, Kafka, and Kafka.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Best part about Silver Wolf is that she makes Seele optimal everywhere.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

is bronya even worth the sheer amount of time, money, and effort I'm stuffing into her traces?????????

Being able to manipulate the turn order alone would be very very good. But also adding extra damage, a dispel, and then a full party attack and crit damage boost for two turns makes her so good that she will probably be a top tier support for a looooooong time. And more than that, DPS is usually the position that gets powercrept the most over time, making her always relevant and good even when you're eventually replacing characters like Seele.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Izzhov posted:

Is it confirmed the SU7 boss is the deer? Guess I gotta finally build my Himeko if so...

The number 7 kind of looks like a deer antler so yes, it is definitely confirmed.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

this is wubbaboo erasure

My therapist says Wubbaboos aren't real.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

There is a relatively short bump in difficulty when going up a new EQ, but it quickly becomes just as easy as the previous. You generally want to go up just to get better drop rates for character materials, as the costs for those goes way up and running the calyxs at the highest possible level is the most efficient. Additionally, relic drops vastly improve as well, so it's well worth it to go to the next tier as soon as you are able.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Does the word robot have a different meaning for you or what

I see someone hasn't done the mission with the Unshackled :D

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

GateOfD posted:

not interested in Kekfa because don't wanna overhaul my entire team for her

Good news, you get the team you need just by pulling on her banner. It's a one-stop-shop for dot squad!

Kafka is great because there really isn't that strong 5* that you wish you had to make her really good. All of the 4*s on her banner are everything you need. But the dot scaling issue is definitely something to be concerned about, for sure.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 24, 2023

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

blizzardvizard posted:

I'd thought Tingyun would be on Daniel's banner, but getting Asta Eidolons for Kafka teams is great too so I'm happy with this. I'd been kinda waffling whether I wanna go for Blade or Daniel with my extra pulls besides Kafka, but I think this seals it for me.

Also Lynx on Fu Xuan's banner confirmed

drat, that Fu Xuan banner is cracked. Hoping it's after the drat, Daniel banner so I have time to save up. The mono-quatum dream team needs to happen.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

it should be after 5* dan since it says '2' and all, and they seem to put new 4* characters in the second banner of a patch. (like Luka being on Kafka's banner, not Blade's)

Oh wow, I'm big dumb and didn't see that. Good to know I'll have some time after Kafka.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yeah, I agree there. I think Luocha is the best character that has been released so far. Pretty much all content in the game is made easier with him.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Zurai posted:

I believe a Seele rerun was leaked for 1.4 or 1.5. I don't remember which.

I'm pretty sure it was 1.4. Which, I think, is a pretty good cadence for reruns, especially given how good all the released characters have been so far.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

What theorycrafting resources do you guys use to see the nitty-gritty about making characters work? Stuff that goes beyond "here is what the skill does" and into "you need x EHR and y energy regen to hit this breakpoint in a party with z" and that kind of thing. Real meaty poo poo.

Also, who is your favorite youtuber who makes videos about star rail? I would mostly use it to keep up with patch notes, though theorycrafting is never bad.

Prydwen.gg has some great write-ups and charts.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

acumen posted:

Grimro/Pokke are also contributors there, among a bunch of other people from their discord community. I've said it before but it's certainly not gospel, but it's a good place to start (or a good place to end if you're gonna half-rear end it). Certainly better than trying to eyeball everything.

Yeah, I've been using it to just get me in the ballpark of 'good enough'. When my teams start to fall short, I start doing more digging, but even MOC10 at this point is pretty doable with just the basics.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

MoonCrab posted:

Wonder if they might start double banners earlier than genshin for that ps5 players can pick up the first few characters (<-selfishly hoping for Luocha rerun). I don't follow star rail leaks anymore cause I'm still kinda interested in the story so if there's leaks either way please post them here, I kinda want to know.

Same, also waiting on Luocha rerun. I think a lot of people really underestimated Luocha, and I'd bet that rerun banner does numbers knowing what we know now.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

So the idea is maybe slightly frequent but small story drops?

This is my first hoyoverse game, I'm getting used to the cycle and how everything works.

Pretty much. It's very much a "side" game where you get a couple hours of new content every few weeks, and then you have the consistent content of MOC and Sim Universe to do regularly that don't take up much time each week.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kafka is also incredibly insane, especially if you use Seele's talent to sneak into the center. You can tag pretty much all of them with one use of Kafka's talent.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

someone awful. posted:

the adventure challenges are really easy for me with fu xuan, her attack has a pretty big radius and gets everything

I suck real bad at any of the barrel challenges. I mostly do them on the phone, and I consistently get only 21 or 22 barrels. Do you use FX for those, too?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

coolusername posted:

I’ve never managed space station, the turns and aiming are too tricky for me on my phone. Kafka is great at trotter, I just run around spamming her tech and everything dies, and Jingliu got me the docks and mines barrels because her aoe radius tags everything you run past, but space station timing is so tight and I get caught on the edges of platforms.

drat, that Jingliu tech is amazing. Sounds like Space Station is just extra difficult for everyone.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

delfin posted:

There's stacking, and then there's stacking to 180%. That's kind of daunting, though I'll see how my first relics on Ruan turn out once I have fodder for them.

As the one guy who's still stuck around MoC 4-5, I trust your judgment far more than my own, but if I want Asta on a team, I'm struggling with where to fit her in. For example, Kafka / Asta, then I'll want a shielder to help keep both upright, then I'll need a healer to help keep both upright, and then I have no room for that new Ruan Mei.

You shouldn't need a healer and a shielder. Maybe as a very short stopgap, or in places with extremely high damage profiles, but MOC 4/5 isn't it. Generally you want to push as much damage as possible with the minimum amount of survivability necessary.

For a Kafka team you could do something like:

Kafka + Sampo + Ruan Mei + Healer

Or just save Ruan Mei for a second team, which you need for MOC anyway, and run:

Kafka + Sampo + Asta + Healer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

delfin posted:

Sorting my relics on Break Effect, the highest I have on any of my +15 gold items is +16.8%. Even if I had that kind of luck on all six items' substats, that's about 90% before figuring in traces and whatnot. Where is the rest coming from?

Another 20+ from traces and 50+ from LC