Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Do I need to pre-register to get first day bonuses or can I be lazy and not do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
1 account with himeko on 50th pull

1 account with bailu but only 20 pulls in

Do I just give up on the Himeko account and stick with the Bailu account?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

did you figure out a fast way to reroll or are you just manually going through the story 30 minutes at a time??

I started up a separate account for both my phone and pc and tried to do them in sync.

e: Wasn't planning on re-rolling, just was gonna stick with the better of the accounts.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Indecisive posted:

i dont think either is objectively better so its up to you, you're only guaranteed 1 5* so your extra pulls on bailu acct might come to nothing. meta-wise bailu is rated higher but himeko is rad + very good in fights with multiple fire-weak enemies

Well I was playing the Bailu account to get some more pulls (I didn't know about the banner only guaranteeing one 5* and not a 5* on the 50th pull) and did another 10pull. Got Bronya. I guess this one is a keeper.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

delfin posted:

If anyone wants a healer buddy, add Dogtoucher at 600030776. Might as well help get the goon friend train running.

How many hours did you spend touching the dog?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

the gently caress is a expie it sounds like a slur

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

did voices in my head just make me kill a poor hotel cleaner???

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Do quests and dialog choices have consequences? There's a quest that wants me to either red pill or blue pill some guy and I just wanna do whichever one gives the best rewards.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Do I use my extra “star rail passes” on the standard banner with the 300 pull pity thing? Or do I save it for something else.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Erg posted:

thank god that sequence was over in 3 minutes

I had the very real fear that hidden treasures were going to be a thing you needed to look for regularly

The robot showed up in more than one sequence. It might be a mini-game like the circuit connector one that shows up here and there.

Endorph posted:

Spend standard tickets whenever you want to, no real reason to hoard them. that said, the standard pool will update with new 4*s as they release, at least if they follow Genshin. And Genshin added a decent number of 4*s.

That took like 1+ year right? Guess I'm pulling later.

e: I got a trashcan avatar from rummaging around the trash.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

So there’s no way to turn off the skill and ultimate animations is there?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Pom Pom wants to ban pets from boarding the train.

Pom Pom is literally worse than Hitler.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

What's the deal with these floating robots and the memory bubbles?

For Memory Bubbles I've got that if you try to touch them they say something like "find someone who knows about them." If you talk to Herta standing near the train platform she enables the option to touch them. But after touching a bubble the screen just spits out a wall of text on a black background and I've been either too stoned to read them or too tired to care. There doesn't seem like there's a menu to track these bubbles but I'm sure there must be?

There are also those floating robot things that let you force a shutdown and then they do nothing. Haven't figured out what they're for either.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Coeurl Marx posted:

Yeah I was surprisingly invested into finding the bubbles once I finally found the right Herta to unlock them. They're like someone on the writing team wanted an excuse to write out 20 short horror scifi stories, I enjoyed them a lot.

is there a way to re-read them in game? when the screen turns black and i get a bunch of dialog lines my eyes just kinda gloss over and ignore everything until it goes away.

e: Fake/real edit this is kinda the thing I dislike about HSR so far. I'm just here for the story but so far I don't really care much about the story so unless things pick up soon I'm prolly out. I still don't really understand why I'm on the ice planet. I mean, I get what I'm doing after landing on here ("helping the people") but why am I here in the first place? I hope this game isn't just a sequence of planet-of-the-weeks: ie, goto new planet, gain trust of the natives by helping them out with menial chores, kill the big bad, goto new planet.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 29, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

It's not a good sign story-wise when you forget why you're here because the game keeps mixing in a bunch of useless sidequests to tell me about the day-in-the-life of a kid with a pirate name that I don't care about.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

7:30 am est on a sunday lol

good thing im a crazy morning person.

Sampo end-of-ice-planet spoiler/question did he uhh break the 4th wall and talk to us directly in the cutscene? are "we" acknowledged to be something in this gane?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Endorph posted:

also they're having a stream or something to celebrate the game's launch in about 40 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyOaD38tpA

i think theyre gonna give some free rolls too

It's been so far just non-stop game music.

Does anyone know what city they keep showing in the videos?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

They sent us 10 pulls in the mail.

Got a Gepard I think 20 pulls into the Seele banner. Does this mean I now have 90 more pulls to guarantee a rate up or is it 70? And the rateup is guaranteed to be the feature character?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

New code I just saw on Prydwen:

2T7BP4JVEBT7

5k Credits, 3x Adventure Log, 2x Condensed Aether, 3x Cosmic Fried Rice

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Who is Kafka and why should I care. Now that I lost the 50/50 this banner I guess I should decide who to go for before I keep pulling.

Team: Dan Heng (DPS), Bronya (make Dan Heng go brrrrr), Bailu (heals), March (shields)

I just got Fire MC so I think she’ll replace March because I don’t think I need 2 heal/shield supports.

But I also just pulled Gerard so if I really needed shields I’d replace March/MC with him.

I was hoping to replace Dan Heng with a 5* main dps.

E: but I also know from Genshin and other games that support characters are almost always better to go for than the carry of the week

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

What is "Break Effect"

Is there a difference in loot between running a domain with 6 waves x 3 times (=180 stamina) vs being a crazy person and running 1 wave x 18 times (=180 stamina)?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

some of these quests are boring because they seem like they should be quick/doable in 5 minutes but then you get there and there's this long chain of events that takes way more than 5 minutes.

anyway its more entertaining reading people fighting itt than to do boring quests itg

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

For an actual post, what are all the things I need to do before the end of this week that will get reset? I already bought the 5+5 passes from the shop using wish currency, am trying to hit AR30 so that I can do the higher lvl version of this dungeon that i get 3 clears per week, and I guess go as far as I can in the sim world. Is there anything else that resets?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Oh god what the hell, I started a Sim Universe run on W3 and it's asking me for stamina to get loot. The nice thing is you can convert 40 stamina into a stamina thing and use that to claim sim universe rewards. Doesn't seem like you can "use" them though to regain 40 stamina.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Let’s talk about real controversy!

This guy used to be called Man With Afro.

I’m guessing they changed his name because he wasn’t black instead of making him black.

lol

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Honestly the big bottleneck for me has been the class materials. The stuff like broken swords and keys and shields and such. You need so many of them for a multiple different things...

Have you bought them from the shops yet? You can get 3x of each from the ship and 10x from ice world.

I’m stuck on Simulated World 3 as well waiting for more stamina. I wish I could just skip forward through all these fights though. I more or less just auto everything up to the boss and it’s only the boss that’s giving me issues.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

GateOfD posted:

Star Rail definitely affecting my sleep, sleep like 1-2 hours later after to work to play.
Wake up 1-2 hours earlier to play.

How should I classify the simulated universe in terms of gameplay? What's the equivalent of it in genshin? It doesn't seem like the Abyss challenge runs to me.

I appreciate that even if the support characters don't do much real damage, they still do good bar break damage to pave the way.

Glad it looks like that you can send characters on assignments and you can still use them in gameplay. I remember for the longest time in the beginning, when you sent characters to errands, you couldn't use them in gameplay, they just get sent to timeout.

It’s a roguelike mode and it’s super common in gachas. It IS the equivalent of Genshin’s Abyss. Other games call it a labyrinth or dive or some variant of never ending dungeon or whatever but it’s all the same concept: challenge stages to get buffs while carrying over the health/status of your units to the next stage.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Jesus the VA for the foxgirl is atrocious. The VA sounds like she's high as gently caress and phoning it in while doomscrolling TikTok/Insta/Snap.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

I just hope relics stay at level 9 being the maximum because I can throw them on and forget they exist a bit easier than genshin

its +15 lol

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

There's more characters that actually want that now and in a turn based system you can't truly 100% avoid getting hit so defensive stats aren't anywhere near as useless as they are in Genshin.

This is a turn-based game with a speed stat so there is in fact a way to 100% avoid getting hit and it's speed. Speed mainstat boots and speed on everything! Take 5 turns before the enemy gets a chance to go.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

So there’s a in game mail with a link to do a survey for I assume rewards. One of the first questions asks how much time you’re willing to spend on the survey. I chose < 10 minutes and the survey immediately ended for me.

So uh lie about that answer so that you don’t screw yourself out of rewards.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

What is stopping me from starting a Simulated World run and picking the 50 token -> curio option to hopefully buy a curio I haven't collected, and then immediately quitting the run to collect my 30 jade currencies? I need a few hundred jades to finish off this 10-pull...

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Imagine writing a guide for Qingque and then telling people not to use her skill, it's like these people haven't heard of the concept of "fun" before

I haven’t used that character so idk what the guide is advising, but if the skill is bad and the guide is saying don’t use it then what’s the problem? I mean if I wrote a guide on Magicarp it would be a 1 sentence guide “don’t use magicarp, evolve it asap”.

Like that’s what guides are for my goon.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I just met Kafka and what’s with her stupid sunglasses? Like there’s no way those fit her.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Her gimmick is that she's a mahjong player and her skill is a redraw to try and get a set of 4 tiles which upgrades her regular attack into a hard hitter. It's a gacha within a gacha, fun dopamine rush.

I just feel like if you're not even going to engage with the gimmick of a character that actually makes them fun to play I dunno why you would even bother writing a guide in the first place.

I mean people that read character guides prolly just want to make number go up, and the “funness” of a character’s ability doesn’t make number go up so it’s a non-factor.

E: It’s a guide. Just tell me how to play the character in the most efficient way. It seems like that’s what the guide’s author is doing so again I don’t see the issue.

Meowywitch posted:

How are you guys affording cones from Hertas shop? I ain't got a lot of her currency and I can't tell if I just haven't progressed enough or if I wasted it on the tickets and forgot lol

I beat W3 and I have 7, so I think you can buy your first weapon after beating W4.

But hey, it’s more fun to spend the currency on gacha tickets because it’s a gacha game and it’s fun to gamble using free resources. Yay fun!

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 2, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Apparently this is a thing that is possible from Reddit:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

does it matter for rates if i do single pulls vs 10 pulls? i know some games like to give a bonus for doing 10 pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

delfin posted:

What's the best way to earn local currencies once the missions have dried up? I'm 430 Hertareum, 180 Shields and many, many Strales (naturally, quests there are only half-available) from buying out the respective local shops, and I've already exhausted sidequests like mine-cart wrangling and compass twirling.

Hertareum

Shield

Strales (Puzzles)

e: Actually that user made the same guides for all of those links and you can check their profile for other guides for hidden achievements and so on.