Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I was ready to just drop the game if I didn't get the 5* I wanted from the beginner's banner (Bronya), but then I got her on my first try, so I guess I'm sticking with this for now.

Gonna hoard all my resources for Luocha and Blade, which looking at Genshin past version release schedules, should come in about 1.5 and 3 months respectively?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So I just got Sampo from normal Warp and I'm wondering how he's gonna work with Bronya, if at all.

How do ATK/DMG buffs interact with DoTs? Do they increase the DoT effect if the buff is up when the debuff is inflicted, "locking" the value even if the buffs wear off later, or do they retroactively increase the DoT that's already inflicted while the buff is up? Or does DoT only care about base ATK and buffs don't work with it at all?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Did another normal 10-pull and got Tingyun. Sampo and her are top 2 of my 4* wishlist and I got them back to back, I guess this game really wants me to stay huh

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

goty

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I was reading up on Kafka's abilities and realized that she complements Sampo extremely well (her Skill is a nuke that also forces all DoTs to tick immediately and Sampo can stack DoTs extremely fast). I might actually prioritize getting her over Blade + Luocha now, though hopefully I can get all three so they can be the backbones of my 2 main teams.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

This was way too close, Natasha died at the last phase so I had to outrace Kafka. Fortunately by the end I was doing 15% of her bar per DoT tick, so I got through.

The warp tickets from beating World 5 also bumped me over the 5* pity and I got Welt :toot:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm 50 space station bucks short of clearing out the space station store, but I've already found every chest and I'm pretty sure I've done every relevant mission in this place. Do dailies give regional currency as well or something? I'm TB level 37 if that changes anything.

You probably missed some interactables around the space station, here's a list that may help

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Is there any reason I shouldn't just convert all my Stellar Jades into Special Passes? Would make it easier for me to track my number of pulls that way

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

i would be down for playable oleg. lets do it.

:hai:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Bronya doesn't exactly replace her turn with another character's, though, right? She only advances their action forward? So you'd still want her to lag behind your main DPS by just barely enough such that you can maximize the value from her skill?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

Destruction is a very odd category imo

I think they just wanted their standard RPG Warrior/Rogue/Mage/Healer classes in Destruction/Hunt/Erudition/Abundance, even if Destruction's role kinda waffles between Hunt and Erudition atm.

They're more durable than the other damage dealer classes though, and some future Destruction characters like Blade feature self-healing, so maybe that sort of self-reliance could be their "thing". The tooltip does say that they're supposed to be "lone wolves".

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Is Silver Wolf confirmed to come first before Luocha? I thought it's still unconfirmed

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

a bunch of upcoming character skill sets got leaked. extremely subject to change obviously but the guy's credible from genshin. you can find them all on the star rail leaks subreddit if youre curious. https://www.reddit.com/r/HonkaiStarRailLeaks/new/

like i said tho very subject to change so take it with a grain of salt

Sounds like I'm saving for this Butler guy

I do appreciate HSR keeping roughly a 1 male:2 female ratio so far, which is good enough for me

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Hit E3 just in time for the weekend.

More importantly though the passes from hitting level 40 got me an E1 Welt and good god he does a lot of damage now.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm gonna be pulling for Blade whenever he comes, and Luocha is pretty much made to support him, so I gotta pull for Luocha too.

Sucks that Luocha is apparently coming after Silver Wolf, though. I was gonna skip Jing Yuan for him but if I do that then my account is gonna be pretty barren for a pretty long time. I was considering pulling for Jing Yuan first anyway but given that I also wanna get Kafka that doesn't seem wise

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I want Jing Yuan a little bit but I've got 3 other characters I want more coming up. Maybe I'll just do a few pulls though, at least just enough so I could buy out the 10 passes and the orange trace items from the shop next month (since I'm gonna skip Silver Wolf also)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Personally speaking I wouldn't pull for LCs that only say "have bigger numbers" that you can already get from relics, since the game already gives you some free LC options, 4* LCs can be good enough, and you can save up to buy a 5* LC eventually if you really want. I'd only consider pulling for LCs that provide some sort of unique advantage that can't be replicated by gear numbers like a busted SP generation or something.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Does the new event refreshes its rewards every day or is it a one and done? I've been preoccupied with Darkest Dungeon 2 so I haven't even touched it

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

homeless snail posted:

No matter how high your stats are can't make up for a bad personality. And thats why Sampo is on the bottom of my tier list.

:wrong:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I hit EL 4 just before the weekly reset yesterday.

Traces require Echo of War mats now?????

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Gotta give some room for powercreep to do its thing

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Oleg banner?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Eimi posted:

I basically feel myself waiting til Kafka so then I have a big carry (Seele/Kafka) on each side. I could easily do it now but eh. I prefer going in when I feel I have two teams I want to use rather than forcing myself to scrabble. Also only one 'team' worth of chars is even remotely built for me.

This is where I'm at too, FH/MoC just looks like a big stat check and forcing myself to clear it with underleveled units just sounds miserable for not that much reward in the end, and I don't really want to level units I know I'm not gonna use long-term purely for the sake of clearing MoCs early. It's only a couple patches' worth of jades lost until I get my Blade team and my Kafka team set up and I'll just deal with it until then.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

What is a Tycoon game doing in my JRPG gacha :lmao:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I love my silly little museum tycoon simulator and my only problem with it is that the game keeps interrupting it with fetch quests on their big dumb overworld

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

That barely counts as story spoilers without any context to be fair. It's just some neat art

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

I'm at 150 / 300 for the freebie

I feel like by the time we all hit 300 the choice of 5* character will be severely diminished in excitement because they'll be long since obsolete :(

Bronya at least looks pretty evergreen since even if they are releasing another character that could do a 100% Action Forward in the future (they are), it's the kind of thing that gets better the more you have it.

Based on what we know from the leaks Gepard's probably also not getting replaced anytime soon. There are only 2 new Preservation characters out of like 20-30 that's been leaked so far, and both of them seem to be a hybrid between defense and DPS rather than defense and CC like Geppie.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I mean what are you supposed to farm at lower TL if you wanna maximize efficiency? Aren't all farming spots less efficient at lower TL anyway?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I've only spent 30 golden passes so my account is pretty barren rn. (Only got Bronya and Welt from Departure/Standard.) I'm basically just treating the game as one big prefarm period rn until I get Kafka + Luka, and possibly Blade depending on circumstances. Might skip Blade if Sampo is on Kafka's banner as well though to go for E1 Kafka, so I could also get Luka and Sampo's Eidolons along the way.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Speaking of future characters, the Seele + SW havers probably wants to know that there's a Quantum Harmony character in the works that can buff + Action Forward like Bronya and restore SP on Ult.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Topaz is the gal on the Trend of the Universal Market LC

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Oh drat, I was gonna level up a Shared Feeling for Luocha but Multiplication does look really good for him.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

show me the datamined characters

Here's the link to the google docs

These are all subject to change naturally (though the kits probably won't deviate too much) and some of the leaked kits are probably still in concept/testing phase. Some characters have also changed rarities/Paths in between leaks.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Tae posted:

Kafka basically changed into a different character within the last 2 weeks

Did she? The biggest change is that her Talent now inflicts Shock on E0 and DoT Vulnerability on E1 instead of vice-versa, but her main gimmick of triggering DoTs on Skill/Ult cast didn't change. They just moved some Traces and Eidolons around and adjusted some numbers.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

haypliss posted:

I mean any change that moves something between base kit and Eidolons should be considered significant. She used to require enemies be shocked to trigger her talent and the next version of her got a break-focused trace that resulted in every Lightning% trace being replaced with BE% ones. She remained the same base idea of a DOT trigger character under those, but I feel like everything surrounding that base idea is significant because it influences how you build/play her.

I feel like that sort of significant design shift should be seen as a possibility for all of these other characters we mostly know as LC photos or lore names plus notepad files of their kit/Eidolons without any hard numbers on damage/buff values or durations.

Yeah I'm not saying that it doesn't change anything about how you use her, just that "changed into a different character" is an overstatement. She's always been "the DoT comp enabler" at her core, she didn't suddenly change into a pure raw damage DPS with no DoT or something, which is what I meant. While the kit designs will change in between leaked iterations, what's leaked now should still give you a good picture of how that character's kit will end up being on release.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

You'd have to be extremely unlucky to hit 90 pity all the time. Realistically you won't go beyond low-80's, so the "safe" mark is closer to about 26k.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

SPD boots are bad on Tingyun? Does that mean the duration of her buffs is tied to her turns and not the target's?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The 1.2 banner 4*s have been leaked; Blade is coming with Arlan/Natasha/Sushang while Kafka is with Luka/Sampo/Serval.

Still subject to change, but if they keep it then that's a truly cracked lineup on Kafka's banner. Basically all her best teammates (besides Serval arguably) in one banner.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Walla posted:

We just had Sushang on a banner. I love her, but really? I don't have any real want for Blade or Kafka atm. What's the deal with Luka?

Luka is a Bleed DoT character basically. He's also a mini-Kafka in that he can trigger his own Bleed with his enhanced Basic ATK, and his Ult inflicts a DMG taken debuff (though it's a much smaller percentage than SW's DEF debuff)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

look i am already using sampo i am not going to break my "no guys" rule even more for this bleed boxing guy video game, even if he works well with kafka >:I

With the Tutorial Mission LC and an Energy Regen rope Kafka can Ult every 2 turns for more frequent DoT triggers, so if you have SW she'll work well with Kafka too (besides the fact that the DEF down also amplifies DoTs)