Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So, if I hit 50% crit on my Jing without a crit rate chest, should I go crit damage chest instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
So if I go by the 2:1 crit rate:crit damage rule, I think I might try and get a crit damage chest. At this point, if I get a crit rate, crit damage, or attack chest with viable secondaries I'll just roll with it.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
So only 29,000ish jade to guarantee you pull a character from event warp.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm at 25 pity on E2 Silverwolf. 4 days seems unlikely, guess I'll play what slot pulls I have.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

sushibandit posted:

It's the other way around. You want 2 CD per 1 CC, ie 75% CC with 150% CD etc. It's actually closer to 1.7:1 but whatever, 2:1 is easier to remember and it's just an approximate target to aim for anyway. Personally I prefer leaning more on CC for better consistency.

I am not a smart man.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jun 24, 2023

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I don't have any interest in Blade, but I'll still probably pull his slots for an E6 Natasha.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Whichever set you are looking for is always the rarer one.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

AParadox posted:

Is anyone using Yanqing? I'm thinking about leveling him since MoC 8-9 is so hostile to JY but he has such a feast or famine looking kit that could drive me crazy in any challenging content. Am I reading him wrong and he is actually just good?

My understanding is he isn't really viable without Gep shields, but then he is almost as good as Seele for single target. I just got Gepard so I plan on building a Yanqing ice team now. Gepard/Pela/Yanqing+whatever.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Pulled Gep and Yanqing back to back and now I need to level two more characters from 1-70 just before a banner I've been saving for that will (hopefully) require me to level two characters 1-70. Also need to start the 70-80 grind on like a dozen characters in a week or so. I guess I have eternity to do this but drat the timing.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Having a strong debate whether to pull Luocha and Yukong or wait to E6 my Natasha and nab that Kafka for a sick multi-element DoT team.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

YES bread posted:

simply roll well and get all of them
I will roll 90 times and fail the 50/50 every time, and I will get the one 4 star I don't want 12 eidolons.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I desperately need a lightning CDMG chest on my Jing, he's at 60% crit rate with 50% crit damage using an ATK chest. I think I'm going to burn all future self-molding synths on it.

I'm building a Yukong team right now, Luocha/Yukong/Welt/Clara was my idea, with her using S5 Planetary Rendezvous -- but after watching Dreamy's video I'm tempted to try incorporating Pela somehow. 80k ults is pretty insane for a Harmony character.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Well, I burned my Jade to get my guaranteed Blade, and ended up with E3 Blade. 3 Blades in 45 pulls.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I have never rolled a good substat crit damage chest of any relic variety. Even synthing up custom rolls for Jing they've all been dogshit. Just hit TB65 so I'll be farming for the new HP/crit set extensively after I finish traces on Blade and hoping for the best. SPD boots, crit damage chest, wind orb? and everything else HP%?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I think I'm skipping Kafka for E6 blade next rotation.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I did it. First time. Jing/Ting/Bailu/Silver on one team, Clara/Blade/Luocha/Yukong on the other. Cleared the last one with 31 turns left. Was absolutely impossible until I did some major relic farming and tracing.

Also with same characters in different configuration I managed to 3 star level 6 of that new Memory that was feeling impossible. The infinite fire breathing fish is so much goddamned damage to heal through.

I need to change up my Ting just slightly, level up a different lightcone so she can ult every 3 turns instead of 4. I think that is going to be a pretty monumental increase in power for whatever team I put her on.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 18, 2023

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Finally, a healer based on canned rotten fish.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Not interested in pulling any characters until Blade comes around again. I will E6 a five star, goddamnit.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

JT Jag posted:

Randomly reposting this SA friend list sheet because I just went looking for it

Added my 136 Speed 4771 ATK Luocha to the list if anyone needs support.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm going to finally replace Clara's purples. Goddamnit.

First run, Crit Rate + Crit Damage gloves. Here we gooo.
Second run... SPD boots which I guess Sushang can wear if they roll some crit.
Third run... Zilch.

See you tomorrow.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 19, 2023

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Now that I'm catching up on traces and levels on all the characters on my primary 2 teams, I'm tempted to start levelling the Herta/Himeko meme team. Talk me out of it.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
That 6/6 on the new Forgotten Hall is, as far as I can tell, purely a brute force numbers game. At least that's how it broke down for me. My huge Luocha could barely keep up to the AOE damage output depite me perfectly alternating weakness breaks and respawns on the adds to minimize the incoming damage.

Wait I'm misremembering, my successful completion was Bailu on the first side against the fire fish, that's why it sucked.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 20, 2023

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I use Clara without March, but I have a super speed/energy Ting feeding her ults so she is almost always a super aggro tank on her own. Also, I have Luocha on that team so every time she retaliates she heals herself (and the party). I think March/Clara is a great gimmick but I honestly don't think it's the best way to use her, slam a Blade or a DPS Yukong in that last slot and blast.

I think I'm literally saving until next Blade banner to go for E6. I'll see if my resolve holds when Topaz rolls around.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Pulled 20x on Dan Feng banner and got 3x March for her E6, I think I'll go back to waiting for next Blade banner or for Topaz.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
drat, I got the recipe for that Automatic Wooden Dummy at the end of the event. Now I never actually need to play the game again!

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm on Clara E3, and she is now my main.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm thinking Super Dan/Luocha/Yukong/Ting hyper-support? I suppose Pela debuffing defense would yield more damage, but Yukong with Planetary Rendezvous is like 40% imaginary damage before anything and my SPD Ting is the best skill-positive support I have by far.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

facepalmolive posted:

Yeah Yukong is SP-intensive unless E6, but 40% imaginary damage is like, another planar sphere's worth of stats just for existing and doing nothing. That's no joke. Maybe you can try something like QEQE on Yukong and 1-3-1-3 on Bibi, lining up the Yukong buff with his big turns? I dunno, his multipliers might still be big enough on his level 3 Q that you're still better off using Yukong as an SP battery.
Yeah, Yukong is E6 and the plan is definitely the QEQE playstyle so she'll be SP neutral. She's a damned competent DPS in her own right, with ult crits for 50k+ without any defense stripping. My Ting has crazy speed, debating whether to go slow as gently caress 90 SPD mega ATK Dan so she get's an extra couple of attacks off. If I manage to get Dan to E2 and his skill use becomes a little efficient I might go the SPD route with him too? My Luocha usually does most of his healing passively and only uses the odd skill to dispel effects or once to force the field back up in combination with his ultimate, and he also has the ATK buff when his field is active. In my mind it sounds like an incredible team. I wont know until I level him up and actually play it, I suppose.

I'm still debating if it would be possible to actually go for a Super Dan/Luocha/Yukong/Silver Wolf mono-comp but I always want to Silver Wolf's skill every turn. Again I guess it's pointless to speculate until I actually level Dan and try it out. All of her debuffs last 2-3 turns so I suppose it might be quite viable.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 2, 2023

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Uhhh Super Dan is hitting for 40k with no relics equipped at level 4 traces and ulting for 80k... Time to get farming.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Going to get Topaz E6 in 20 tickets, I can feel it.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Clara/March 7/Topaz/??? follow-up team here we go. Need her at least E1 for the obscene stacking effect.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm starting to think I hosed up not getting Fu, I really need a Bailu replacement because her teams feel like dogshit compared to my Luocha side.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I've been farming fire/light relics to gear up my Super Dan and Yukong and start getting the gear for Topaz, and I've gotten 3 absolutely godly light relics with double crit stats plus another offensive stat and every one of them has rolled purely hp or def upgrades up to +15.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I so have to try the Topaz/Clara/March 7 dream team.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I got my Numby, kind of want to pull for E1 by the end of the event because the team I intend to run is basically 3 people making GBS threads out follow-ups nonstop. Need to try and build a DPS March 7. :blastu:

My theory is that Clara with March shields spam-triggering Numby, and Topaz supplying E1/LC/skill follow-up buffs basically acts as a solid support in this composition.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
With Clara having a bonkers theoretical damage cap, I'm actually thinking of running March+Gepard double shield team, which leaves Luocha free for the Blade/Jingliu/Luocha/Ting team.

Wait, no I don't want Gepard taunts on my Clara team. Guess it's Bailu time.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, just got 95k score finishing super Gepard with a 7.6 million damage hit. I like this event.

The Clara/March/Topaz/Luocha combo is an absolute blast in Elation SU. Scales really well with all of Elation/Remembrance/Preservation blessings.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 28, 2023

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Apparently Prydwen is saying 2 piece Fire 2 piece Cowboy is top DPS? If you have two pieces you're set.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

JT Jag posted:

I didn't say Jing Yuan is *broken*, his kit is just less consistent compared to most of the good 5 stars in this game and I wish it was just a tiny bit better

The only problem I have with Jing Yuan is the way Lightning Lord loses a turn when Jing Yuan gets CC'd. Topaz doesn't have that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I was tempted to go for Huohuo's lightcone rather than the character. I have an E3 Bailu that would feel a lot better to use with that extra auto-healing and the attack buff.