Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh, speaking of, should I only be spending embers on special passes, or is there enough income to blow those on normal passes too?

I figure undying starlight is rare enough to either only use on special passes or a character/cone that I just have to have.

You should have enough to grab the normal passes each month too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I've never wanted for the droppable items, it's the path specific ascension drops that are bottlenecking me.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Excelzior posted:

finally managed to power through World 3 by just going all-in on Shielding and Shielding accessories like some kind of Space Hank Hill

feels good

god World 4 is a joke though..I guess World 3 is meant to be "the wall' that makes you interact with the roguelite, consistent progression element of it all - but holy smokes did they ever overtune it

Yeah, the thing that makes both of those easy is The Hunt resonance with the powerup that refunds charge on kill, and just using that to nuke the adds. But you have to buy those abilities in the progression system.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Endorph posted:

important thing to note about return to darkness (and crit in general in this game) is that when an attack deals multiple hits, each hit has its own chance to crit/proc 'on hit' effects/etc. so for instance seele's basic attack hits thrice. so if she has a 50% chance to crit its not a 50% chance to crit, its 3 hits that each have their own 50% chance to crit. in return to darkness's case this means that each hit that crits has its own chance to remove a buff, meaning that if you high roll you could remove multiple buffs in one action (and the odds to remove a buff are much higher than they look)

Any idea how this interacts with Yanqing's LC, which buffs crit rate if you don't crit? Is just one non-crit enough to activate the buff?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I think the game really wants to get people to play with more than four characters, so using characters where they're situationally appropriate is going to be a big thing. I could definitely see benching Himeko for a lot of fights, but when she's good she's really good. I hope Jing Yuan doesn't come in as a one size fits all tool for every problem, because if you get too many of those the only way for them to design around them is power creep.

Himeko is priceless to me for any fight where adds keep getting resummoned, so basically every SU world boss. Just dropping her ult on them and breaking them once usually does away with them. She can do both if the adds are fire-weak, and if someone breaks the boss her followup still hits adds too.

Basically she prevents me from having to use single-target DPS turns on things that aren't the main target. Even if she doesn't kill, I have her partnered with Seele mostly, who appreciates some softened up side targets to trigger her talent off.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I can only assume it's to keep file sizes down on mobile or something.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
If a boss constantly summons adds you want to be using Hunt resonances to wipe them on entry, though.

Something like World 6 where a boss summons a mini-boss as a companion is a better example. ...If, yeah, it wasn't totally immune to Freeze.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Izzhov posted:

Yeah, that's why Dreamy uses Herta in the video. I think she also has one of those "implant ice weakness" blessings

There's a blessing to implant ice weakness in an enemy on Ult.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Blade and DHIL with Abundance is extremely funny. Abundance can just poo poo skill points everywhere so IL is always going off. There's a synergy with Propagation as well!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

In generally you want to make a beeline to the exit with only a couple detours. If you have extra time, you can spend it in phase 3.

And Abundance is very powerful because it usually lets you meander all over the place and acquire a ton of stuff. Plus the resonance is great and Dewdrop can become very good too.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

I don't have Luocha, only Bailu. if the path is only good with a specific 5* I guess that could be a thing, but people don't generally talk about it like that. They do talk about Preservation like that (for Gepard) even though it's not true in my experience, though.

Luocha is the secret seasoning that makes the whole thing pop, yes. Suddenly everything now gives skill points and charges Dewdrop while his field is up. And there's a 3* Propagation blessing that applies Spores to stuff every time you gain a skill point. And other which does it every time you spend one. Combine with Clara counters and everything is now just constantly exploding with Spores passively.

The other synergy is with Nihility, and it means that the resonance buffs your weakness break efficiency. Combined with the nihility blessing that does that anyway, you can completely shred through toughness bars.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Excelzior posted:

yeah the Resonance Interplay mechanics are also huge

so you're not really aiming to max out one path, you're aiming to max one and then pump 2-3 other specific paths

Honestly my priority picks from Abundance are just all the Dewdrop ones, reduced damage taken at full HP, ATK buffs on heal, skill points on heal, speed boost on heal and then max HP up. I don't always need the third resonance bonus even if it is nice.

But the best things to stack with it are the Spores from Propagation, Nihility's weakness break efficiency, DoT on attacking broken enemy and DoT trigger on attacking broken enemy, Destruction's max HP up and all characters split incoming damage, and Preservation's shield on end of turn/on taking damage/every 2 turns, plus shielded characters take less damage. When shielded and at full HP, characters take less than half damage, which is split between them all, and then Dewdrop/Clara's counter under Luocha's field heals everyone back to full, and Preservation puts the shield back on them. If Hunt's Critical Boost stuff comes up I'll usually nab that as well but it's far from necessary.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Excelzior posted:

I will never use that item :colbert:

Same.

I still have the weapon prototype box from the very first Fall Guys event as well. I hoard special stuff. I dunno if HSR has any equivalents yet.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Futaba Anzu posted:

drat i really want that avatar. i wonder if i can convince a brit to get me a code if i pay for their meal lol

I did a double take on reading that this was a UK thing and checked, 8 out of the 13 stores participating are in the same goddamn city and not a single one of them is even in the midlands, let alone the north.

It's like this promotion was designed by the government with how it doesn't acknowledge the existence of anything north of the latitude of London.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Eimi posted:

Rich Fire Women is perfectly usable, if dependent on enemies having fire weakness. :shrug: Sure Himeko doesn't do much against non fire weak mobs but I'm more trying to have a team for each weakness than universal teams.

More to the point, it's very fun. I put the new planar sets on Asta and Himeko and it slaps.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
This MoC sucks absolutely rancid rear end.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

Adding a new system to upgrade the basic abilities of older characters IS standard gacha practice. Genshin and Star Rail are the only ones I'm aware of that don't do it in some fashion, although I guess Star Rail's too young to really consider it yet. Don't go blaming standard gacha practice for what is clearly a Mihoyo problem.

Edit: Admittedly, such a thing probably wouldn't buff their existing eidolons and traces so much as add completely new equivalents.

Genshin does this through artifacts and extremely specific support characters. Xiao's artifact set and Mika for Eula, etc.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Landed Ruan Mei at 27 pity and now I have THREE Harmony characters to build, on top of finishing Argenti and speed tuning Jingliu/Blade relics.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

smh if you're not building every Harmony character in the game.

That does constitute the remaining Harmony characters in the game, now I think about it. Already have Bronya, Tingyun and Asta done.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Has anyone gotten a perfect score on the currect MoC without both Jing Lui and ~Daniel~?

My Jing Lui team can clear the swarm side in 3 turns, and my other team of Clara, Topaz, M7 and Bailu takes about 15 turns to clear Kafka :[ I also tried using JL on Kafka and a QQ team for the bugs and did even worse.

You've got over a month and a free funny Ratio man coming, don't sweat it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Eej posted:

It's not a mask, I think this is their attempt at writing a mad scientist who is on the spectrum. And also happens to be a classic Chinese beauty.

If I'm reading GnG right that lady is like a galactic scale war criminal, that's quite the scaling up for characters

I mean she killed robot Hitler, she can't be that bad.

I'm willing to bet she's the "you were so preoccupied with whether you could, you didn't stop to think if you should" of the Genius Society.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Ratio giving big Ozymandius vibes for some reason. I don't think he'll secretly turn out to be a villain because he's just too goofy, but there is definitely something off.

He's clearly got some kind of issue with the Genius Society.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Traveller posted:

On the other hand, the Intelligentsia Guild is sponsored by the IPC, they're definitely not doing this out of the good of their hearts.

He doesn't seem to think highly of most of the Intelligentsia Guild, either. He presumably takes their money but doesn't really give a poo poo.

He's just a gifted kid, honestly.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Tree Reformat posted:

The really rude design decision was to give Pela and Luocha enemy buff removal, then proceed to make all except like three enemies have their big buffs unremovable.

Dispel proves its worth on those reviving mara-struck alone tbh.

Also knocking drain-hit off those other mara guys is gold. Gauge Recollection would maybe be another one I'd like to see dispellable, since break instantly dispels it anyway.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I didn't actually end up using him, or even any FUA characters. Unless Blade counts. Just haven't invested into him yet when his relic set comes in the next patch.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Managed PF with zero DoT units, somehow. God bless Himeko.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

GoodluckJonathan posted:

what were your teams?

Blade/JY/Bronya/Luocha

Jingliu/Himeko/Ruan Mei/Fu Xuan

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Story speculation incoming.

Acheron: I'm pretty sure she's linked to the Finality, and is experiencing her life out of order in the same way that he "travels against time". Her red text maybe literal spoilers, she's quoting from "ahead" in the script -- she says "...Have we met somewhere before?" in red text the very first time you see her, and then in normal text, ellipsis and all, in the hotel room. Her memory is bad because she's moving through time weirdly; things she should remember are things she hasn't done yet. That's also why she asks if you've met before the first time you see her. She didn't step in to save Firefly for timeline reasons, maybe... she implies something compelled her not to intervene, after all.

Misha: Is definitely linked to Mikhail and the Watchmaker in some way. I expect Penacony to be like Omelas, a paradise built on the unlimited suffering of a child, Mikhail. Misha might be a projection of Mikhail's or something. Dream Penacony being created by a child's dream might point at why only the childlike can see Clockie -- and the one who creates Clockie would be a literal Watchmaker. The third area is named A Child's Dream, which is all but telling us what's going on, really. Something Unto Death is the jailer that guards Mikhail? And Firefly/Robin probably aren't dead-dead but imprisoned wherever Mikhail is.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Re: kingdom hearts dream death chat

My take is that Sunday describing them as "spiritually dead" is distinct from "actually dead". It's entirely possible that their IRL bodies are still alive but their minds cannot return to them, and could indeed by in a very inconvenient place to access thanks to Something Unto Death's properties... possibly the very core of the dreamscape, maybe even part of a gestalt entity built from Mikhail that generates and sustains the whole dream itself. If we take the visions in the third area as a basis, the whole thing might be powered specifically by children's dreams, hence only the childlike being able to see Clockie. Both of those "killed" are young women, still young enough to qualify. It might be that they've just been added to the collective rather than outright killed.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Mulva posted:

I'm not rolling on Aven because he's a smarmy prick, but he'd objectively let me make an entirely FuA team that attacks roughly 8 million times a turn. If you don't like a character you don't like a character.

I have a feeling that Team IPC (Ratio, Topaz, Aventurine) will genuinely be great fun. Aventurine's numbers will determine who member number 4 is, I suppose.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Meowywitch posted:

There's a guy at the Hotel front desk that will also start selling you coins, but they appear to pull from the same pool as puke guy (somehow) so I don't think so, no

they are the same person

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Shinji2015 posted:

Has Hoyo ever made a non-enemy humanoid NPC model look that good, though? Between Genshin and HSR I've been conditioned to assume that with a character model that detailed if she's not a boss she's going to be playable sooner or later

Fujin in the recent Genshin patch. Maybe Liben counts as well.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Personally waiting for the Harmony that takes a cue from Paine in DFFOO (RIP) and provides different buffs to allies on their left vs their right.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
We need an entire event about Arahato.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Sparkle is apparently good for DHIL and Jing Yuan, so I must have her. She's growing on me, at least. Little chaos gremlin.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I still have never seen the Ruan Mei event even though I choose Occurrence every time it's available. I'm dying.

Pretty sure one of the SU events guaranteed it, did that not count?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
There is no such thing as building pity, merely tempting fate

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

AshtonDragon posted:

She definitely can't be used like Bronya, where you make Bronya just slower than your DPS so that they effectively get twice as many turns. But If you make her way faster than your DPS (even giving them more attack instead of speed), then I think the 50% advance should work out really well. Like, she'd need to be more than twice as fast as the DPS in order for them to not immediately act she uses her skill.

I have no idea if she'll be considered to be as good as Ruan Mei once the dust settles, but there's potential.

For me it seems like you want to run Sparkle as fast as possible and have your DPS use ATK boots. Sparkle will never double-turn like Bronya can, but she can act as an effective ~50+ SPD.

Speed matching her the way you do with Bronya makes the MoC cone not great for her because you can't guarantee the DPS will move immediately after. But that also doesn't work with people like Topaz or Jing Yuan who will lose the cone buff before their followups go off, so DDD is a solid choice in those cases.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Genovera posted:

Does anyone know how much free jade/how many free gold tickets we usually get per patch? I wish HoyoLab would show my data for a whole year so I could average it, but it only shows the last 3 months which would be kind of skewed because of 2.0.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRIWjzFwAZZoBvKw2oiNaVpppI9atoV0wxuOjulKRJECrg_BN404d7LoKlHp8RMX8hegDr4b8jlHjYy/pubhtml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Running Speed tuned Bronya/Blade is night and day. It's so much more fun than not doing so.