Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I just began a couple of days ago and just hit Trailblaze Level 34 and immediately shot up to E5 Preservation Trailblazer :toot:. I have read no guides at all for this game and I'm trucking along as best I can.

I pulled Silver Wolf one or two days ago and I'm pleased as punch.

Do y'all have any advice for a newbie? I'm everything starved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

qbert posted:

- Don't spread your resources too thin. Focus on building 1 team really well at first, with the eventual goal of 2 teams total (for endgame MoC). I would start looking at who you have in your roster and who you like playing with, and then look up good team compositions for those characters so you start thinking about who you're going to invest in long-term.

- You don't need to max out all your traces right away (I still haven't on any of my level 80 characters). The resource requirements at the higher levels gets very steep and you're going to be short on all resources at some point. I do recommend unlocking all the Bonus traces on your team though as those are usually huge buffs that are sometimes character-defining.

- Do 3 Echoes of War every week because they're the only resource in the game that's time-gated.

- Always do whatever double reward event is going on, even if you don't need the materials. Reason being is that you still get double xp, and at some point you'll just be in a lull waiting to get to the next TB relevant level. Also, always level up your team to max level/LC whenever you reach a new TB breakpoint. Just makes the game easier for yourself.

- Save your self-modeling resins. They're very rare and will save you a ton of farming time later if you use them wisely.

So the characters I have are: E5 Preservation Trailblazer, E0 March 7th, E0 Silver Wolf, E0 Qingque, E0 Clara, E3 Lynx, E1 Hook, E2 Asta, E0 Serval, E1 Herta, E1 Dan Heng, E2 Arlan, E1 Natasha, E0 Guinaifen, and E0 Luka.

Of these, the first 8 are the ones I actually care about. Serval, Herta, Dan Heng, and Arlan don't look good. Natasha, Guinaifen, and Luka look decent but I haven't really touched them so I'm not wholly sure what to do with them.

My main team that I use for as much as I can though, is Preservation Trailblazer, March 7th, Silver Wolf, and Qingque. I want to max them out :V

I don't know what MoC is :shobon:.

And I have no idea what a self-modeling resin is! But I'll keep an eye oout for them and save them.

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 21, 2023

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

qbert posted:

MoC is Memory of Chaos and it's an endgame activity. It, and other Forgotten Hall events will eventually require two separate teams to complete.

Self-modeling resin is an item that will let you create a 5-star relic of your choice with the main stat of your choice. Endgame, you'll just be grinding a ton of relics to try and get the best piece for every slot for your teams, and that starts with getting at least the ideal main stat of each type in each slot.

Given your current roster, I would probably replace Hook with Natasha in your top 8. Reason being is that you only have 2 healers: Lynx and Natasha, and each team will need one. If you eventually can replace Natasha with another healer (Bailu, Huohuo, Luocha, or Fu Xuan) that would be great but for now that's what you have to work with.

Play with whoever you like, but I think the strongest team you can make with what you have is probably Qingque, Silver Wolf, ???, Lynx. That would be pseudo mono-Quantum, Qingque is great as a hypercarry, and the ??? can be another support like Asta.

2nd team could probably have Clara as the main DPS, along with March 7th, ???, and Natasha. The ??? could be another sub-DPS or a support like Guinaifen.

These are just my suggestions and you should play with whoever you like, of course.

1) I got it. I'll watch out for MoC/FH later. I've dabbled a bit in the latter but I'm only at World 3, and haven't looked at 4 and beyond.

2) Self-Modeling Resin sounds quite good. I'll make sure to try and grab and hoard them, then.

3) Alright, I'll raise Natasha up. Should I use my stocked Starlight (I have 256 currently) to buy a Natasha eidolon?

4) For the Qingque/Silver Wolf/Lynx team, who would I use as a tank? Lynx, or the mystery 4th member?

5) Clara and March together doesn't feel like a great combo, since March's ult freezes and that means less chances for Clara to Svarog counter? Or is that kind of minor in the long run?

6) The suggestions are helpful, if nothing else!

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Captain France posted:

she's probably middle-aged

She reads late 20s, early 30s to me. Gepard reads mid 30s, and Lynx reads as late teens, early 20s.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Gepard reads younger to me, like late 20s at most. Serval seems older, at least early 30s.

Serval is the oldest of the siblings, right?

Ah. I've made a fatal mistake with reading Serval. Ouch.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

How many ascension materials does a Stagnant Shadow encounter give? Maybe I'm just not searching hard enough but I can't find it anywhere, only the fact that it does happen.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Clarste posted:

5, and one less or each level below max.

Genovera posted:

I'm not sure how many the lower level ones give, but the last tier gives 5.

Thanks! I have a lot of grind ahead, huh.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I love Qingque, the lazy mahjong killer, so I 100% want Sparkle.

I also have Silver Wolf and Lynx, so these four in a team should be good.

EDIT: I seem to have lost a button in my menu, anyone know what button was removed? I am pretty sure it was a third row button, but for the life of me I don't know what it was.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Oh, that's what's missing! Nameless Honor! Thanks you two.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Eej posted:

Those are problematic characters, jingliu's problem is being a mary sue

There is no possible way she is a Mary Sue.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I dig Ruan Mei. She's a bad person, and I understand the general process that led to where she is now.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I did a bunch of pulls and got Tingyun, Xueyi, and Ruan Mei :toot:

It's going to take me so long to get ascension materials, and materials in general.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

March is an immortal evil ghost wizard from Final Fantasy 14 except she has amnesia. And a goth girlfriend she doesn't know about.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

surely at least one of her bugsnax wants to murder her???

mostly confused about that

She programmed them all to love and cherish her.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Well I've encountered at least one of them who was like "gently caress Ruan Mei"

I don't remember that child but I support them 100%.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I'm mainly in shambles right now because I began like three weeks ago and am not even finished kitting out my primary team :v: and according to this calculator I found it's going to take me like 17 and a half days to hit the next EQ level.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Bad Video Games posted:

Just settle back and enjoy the story. Seriously, take your time.

I'm actually already done with the story!

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ratio is Sento from Kamen Rider Build which means I'm ready for whatever wild stuff the game will throw at us with him

Extremely excited for Sento to be secretly another character, also a war criminal, also gay, also in deep suffering.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Eimi posted:

It's not a matter of can, it's a matter of will. No matter how busted she is, I will be skiping her because her name is Sparkle and I have standards.

I have standards and I'm pulling for Sparkle.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Eej posted:

Wait till you find out the Dr. Ratio x Aventurine ship name

MNSNTZR posted:

the push to rename it is some no fun allowed kind of poo poo

Well? What's the name?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Lmao. That rules.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Blade is epic but I dunno if he's worth rolling on in team comp terms if I already have Jingliu

Put him in teams with Jingliu so she can eat his HP and make him activate Shuhu's Gift faster.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

MNSNTZR posted:

i do not have jing yuan. starting at 1.4 was a mistake for a rapidly expanding multitude of reasons but especially for a male-collecting gimmick

Starting late was a mistake for me too because every Silver Wolf text on the internet says "ha ha you don't have her event LC at Superimposition 5? You idiot, you clown, you utter buffoon, you absolute macaroon, die,"

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

To be fair that's less relevant if you have her at E2? :v:

The trick is to pull her two more times then, a feat which I am not sure I'll be able to achieve any time soon. :v:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I got lucky on a ten pull from the Silver Wolf LC banner and got Incessant Rain and the 5 star Gepard one, so I'm not too bad off. I'm just salty I missed out on the free(ish) event LC.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I think y'all are piling way too hard on Eimi.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Endorph posted:

i think even if you can afford it spending 3000 dollars on a slot machine is obscene

If it's inside someone's entertainment budget, does it really matter how exactly the money is being spent? 3k on one game, 3k on a bunch of games, 3k on a bunch of random poo poo. It's all whatever.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Mix. posted:

:shittypop: i didnt even know the ranking went that high

There's a tier above that.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Endorph posted:

which rating site is that btw

I'm 90% sure it's https://www.mobilemeta.gg/honkai-starrail/app/relic-scorer

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Bad Video Games posted:

Tomorrow starts double cavern rewards. Enjoy getting twice as much trash.

I will relish it. My team is largely equipped with garbage so this will be welcome.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

It would be great if the Hackerspace domain would stop throwing Longevius pieces at me when I don't have Blade.

Get Blade. You have the relics!

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

why the gently caress did i have the quantum set on jing

Probably for the defense penetration?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

For guides, I've been recommended https://pokkelibrary.com/ as well.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Endorph posted:

unfortunately like half that site's 'guides' are tiny text blurbs and then 30 minute youtube videos where the guy ramblingly reads other people's chinese forum posts

that said the general 'this unit is good if you want/are missing ___' stuff is solid

I've seen a few characters on there and they've all been adequate tbh, and I habitually ignore videos. Though I use both Pokke and Prydwen, so :v:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I can't decide if I want to try and pull for Misha just to have a non-Herta Ice DPS character or not.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

It feels soooo good to not be on the Luofu anymore guys

What's wrong with the Luofu? I rather liked it.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Leraika posted:

if Clockie didn't want me to manipulate the minds of everyone around me, he shouldn't be giving me stickers for it.

Listen. They're giving me rewards for doing stuff, so I'm gonna do the stuff.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Jet Jaguar posted:

I made a recommendation but then they all disappeared! I NEED CLOSURE

You'll eventually get a text.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

GateOfD posted:

what does the red text mean

The red text is a fact that can be presented by Witches without any evidence or proof. It is an undeniable truth. If someone attempts to lie or repeat a falsehood with the red text, they choke on their words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Mulva posted:

Here's where her E1 becomes relevant:

An enemy hits her, is hit by her skill, survives whatever the rest of the party does, and then reaches the next turn alive without having hit her again. If anything in that chain isn't true, her E1 doesn't even matter. Like if something hits her, is skilled, and hits her again before her next chance to skill....who cares about E1, she's just going to counter it again and reapply the mark. Functionally you've gained nothing. Conversely, if she just doesn't get hit in a turn. Her DPS and utility has gone up exactly 0% by having the E1. Bosses? I can't think of any that aren't going to be throwing out AoEs, but at least they survive long enough to maybe be relevant. Now you are just rating that Skill against anything else that can use that SP, but at least now you are actually getting to a place that might use it.

So the value entirely relates to Mark uptime. I know that the thing I love about Clara is how often she's countering, so I can't imagine it would be low, but what it actually is? I guess I can honestly say I don't even know how often it truly applies. Like realistically in a given encounter how many extra upgraded skills am I getting out of that? The fact I need to start to start an Excel spreadsheet to figure out when something even applies kind of makes it lack the sex appeal of just getting "20% ATK" or a new buff or something, you know?

Yes Clara's e1 is not going to be relevant if in your hypothetical about how it's never relevant it's never relevant. You may as well say that Ratio's eidolons aren't useful because Seele can kill something before he does.