Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Every Praise of High Morals I get makes me feel ashamed of the words and deeds I could've said and done

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

my 50 was Gepard :effort: I don't like tanks and Shielders

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

UID 601163536 on NA for any goon friends

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I would kill for Peppy

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the auto batle loves to blow Gepard's shield at the end of a battle instead of saving it for the next :argh:

e: at least you can use his Technique to get a shield at the start of combat

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

Tempted to write character guides to put into the OP, stuff like 'yeah these lightcones are good' 'this is what this character is good at' rather than tier list stuff.

hell yeah I found some of the resources out there atm are painfully flat out wrong, this would be a huge help

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Gepard has grown on me :unsmith: MC/Gepard/Serval/Whatever (rotated between Dan and Asta depending on Weaknesses) worked throughout the ice world with no problems at all

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 29, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kafka is who I am saving up for because I love complete psychopaths

and I may or may not have realized until this morning that we have Fuel as a Fragile Resin equivalent to restore traiblazing power..that would've been handy to blow past the time gates :shepicide:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

YES bread posted:

the main issue with the huge loreposts is that they are tedious and charmless. i might read them if they were good instead. peace

this, so much this

don't loving post a wikipedia entry block of text you boring pedants

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

I ain't reading any of the poo poo from the last two pages but I will say that I will be rolling for Kafka because she's hot.

:hmmyes:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Harvey Baldman posted:

All of this. Seriously, some major goony energy coming off the anger at people trying to connect fun dots between the games in the franchise. I can’t imagine why having additional context for things is worth complaining about. Is it because it’s not in a cool shiteating YouTube format? Maybe we can post some air horn videos to play while reading the explanations to bridge that gap.

I'm sorry, to make up for it here is the entire Lore section for Bronya in Honkai 3rd

Bronya Zaychik

Bronya Zaychik was a Russian orphan who was raised as an assassin since she was young due to the aftermath of the 2nd Houkai War. Eventually she was sent to assassinate Cocolia, a member of Anti-Entropy, but failed in her mission. Instead of killing her, Cocolia took pity on Bronya and took her to be raised in her orphanage. There Bronya was experimented on, gaining the power to use Houkai energy, levitate, manipulate Remodelled Bunny 19C, and more but lost her emotions and the ability to use her legs due to the X-10 Experiment. By Cocolia's commands, she was sent to St. Freya High School in order to spy on Schicksal. Bronya is later known as the Herrscher of Reason.

She appears in Chapter 1 alongside Kiana Kaslana and Raiden Mei while fending off Houkai Beasts. In Chapter 10, 11 and 12, Bronya plays an important role.

Origin

Bronya was an orphan who lost her home and family in the 2nd Honkai War and was captured by the Siberian army who trained her as a soldier, which led her on becoming the infamous and feared sniper, the Silver Wolf of the Urals, until she got knocked out by Cocolia, who took her in to her Orphanage, where Bronya met Seele Vollerei.

However, the orphanage hid a dark secret; its true purpose was for an experiment known as the 'X-10', and the are had hidden experimentation facilities and supplies of the X-10 project. After losing Seele when she disappeared into quantum state due to failure of the X-10, Bronya entered St. Freya High School as a mole of Anti-Entropy with hopes of saving her long-lost friend.
Name Reading

Bronya has two readings: one is Bro/nya, pronounced "Bronia"; the other is bron/ya, pronounced "Bǎnyā" (Which means "Salted Duck" in Chinese).

In addition to the English name, Houkai Gakuen 2 and Houkai 3rd related works were written in the form of "Bronia". However, in the voice of the game, both TetraCalyx and Hanazawa Kana tend to read the name as "Bǎnyā".

It can be said that the pronunciation of "Bangya" is also officially recognized after that.

Bronya means "Armor" and Zaychick means "Bunny". So, in a way, her full name means Armor(ed) Bunny, referencing Remodelled Bunny 19C.
Character Introduction

After the 2nd Houkai War, Bronya became an orphan and was trained by the government as an child soldier. In 2014, the year of the ‘Third Honkai Disaster’, Bronya was known as the Silver Wolf, a cold-blooded sniper who was renowned for her combat capabilities and deadly aim. During one of these missions, she attempted to snipe Cocolia, but she was found out and knocked unconscious by her. Cocoila adopted her, as she did not want to kill children. Bronya would later start an relationship with Seele Vollerei.

When Seele was abducted by mercenaries, Bronya immediately went out to save her, killing all of them with her socks she had on her at the time. Due to the blood stains on her, Seele unintentionally called her a demon- though the stigmata in her stated that she was excited- which prompted Bronya to promise her that she would never kill again.

Sin Mal despised and envied Bronya for an unknown reason and saw her as a rival. She would later push Bronya down a staircase, which would break one of her legs.
Honkai Impact 3 Mainline
Becoming a Valkyria

Cocolia had secretly adopted orphans and took them to her orphanage. She chooses specific orphans that are capable of withstanding Honkai energy in order to advance the X-10 Experiment. Bronya was one of the initial test subjects, but Seele took her place after showing Cocolia her Stigmata's power. The experiment ended in failure, as while the desired results were obtained, Seele dissolved into a quantum state and could only be communicated with on that plane.

Shortly after, Bronya learnt everything from Cocolia, and demanded access to the X-10 Experiment by threatening to commit suicide if she was denied. Cocolia informed her because of her wounded leg, she could not stay longer than 5 minutes inside the quantum state. In reality, Bronya had no intentions of returning, as she was determined to be with Seele at all costs. Seele was surprised to see Bronya and knew that she had taken part in the experiment and begged her to leave, though Bronya refused to do so.

The allotted time had passed, and Anti-Entropy's researchers attempted to extract her from the quantum plane, but she resisted all of their attempts. The Honkai energy began to damage her brain and legs. Seele confessed her feelings to Bronya, and the two made a promise that Bronya would find a way to bring Seele back to the real world. Seele also gave Bronya what she discovered inside a box, the power of "Rebuild", which was Remodelled Bunny 19C. She then surprised her with a kiss, before letting her know that she would have to return the favor the next time they met. As a result of staying in the quantum plane longer than intended, Bronya lost the ability to feel a wide range of emotions, required advanced legs prosthesis in order to move and had a biochip inserted in her brain to maintain survival.

Her last hope was to have Seele manifest via a Herrscher. The girl was revealed to be Raiden Mei, whose father, Ryoma, had sealed it. Cocolia tasked Bronya with bringing an awakened Mei to her, but this was unexpectedly stopped by Kiana Kaslana, a fellow Valkyrja and student.
The Mysterious Battleship

Sometime during the 3rd Honkai Eruption, a mysterious battleship appeared. When Kiana fell into a coma, Bronya immediately linked her mind to a simulation to explore what was causing Kiana to lapse. After dispelling the entity and securing the ship, the entity told Kiana that the ship was hers. Bronya was tasked with controlling the ship, but she suddenly turned into her Black Nucleus form when Cocolia decided to control her and attacked Kiana and Mei. She was put down by the two and did not recall what had just happened. Bronya would later be tasked alongside Kiana and Mei to find the four gems to power the ship. The first gem was the Gem of Desire, which resided in the abandoned New Zealand branch.
The Fourth Herrscher

Upon arriving at the remains of the New Zealand branch, they immediately found a single girl, who introduced herself as Wendy and revealed that she has the gem they were looking for in her legs, causing them to get damaged. Bronya had sympathy for Wendy because she was disabled like her and offered her a ride to show her what it meant to fly. While the gem occasionally caused her to become a pseudo-Herrscher. Bronya tried to persuade her to stand down, which she eventually did. However, she suddenly turned into her Black Nucleus form again and started attacking Wendy, who now believed Bronya had lied to her and attacked the group. Wendy was eventually weakened, and Anti-Entropy mechas suddenly appeared. Her adoptive mother, Cocolia, was behind the scheme and departed with her, Wendy and Mei to their headquarters, prompting Kiana to rescue all of them.
The Anti-Entropy Incident

Bronya would eventually help Kiana, Theresa enter the Anti-Entropy headquarters despite the obvious trap Theresa suspected. When they approached Mei, Cocolia tried to have Bronya battle Kiana, but she refused, revealing to her that because of the kindness Mei had showed her, she removed her biochip even though it has the great risk of dying. After defeating the mecha MSR-7 "Godfather", both Bronya and Wendy were immediately rushed into intensive care. Wendy did not survive but the efforts of Schicksal's medical team ensured that Bronya survived, albeit in a comatose state.
Recovering her Memory

While in her comatose state, Fu Hua used her powers to enter Bronya's mind. Since she had forgotten everything about herself, Fu Hua told Idol that she was the Sage and helped her break out of prison. She was referred to as the Idol. During the escape, she also encountered a HOMU and freed it from the prison and attended a competition to see which HOMU could control the Golem (Remodelled Bunny 19C). When the Idol approached the Golem, it woke and expended its powers before testing her, which she passed. The Idol would later assist the HOMUs in fighting the witches.

Upon encountering the Ice Witch (Snowy Sniper) was defeated and threatened to kill a HOMEI, though HOMU distracted her enough for the Idol to kill the Ice Witch. The Ice Witch represented Bronya's loneliness, which the Idol absorbed. They then moved on to the Aegis Witch (Yamabuki Armor), a paranoid witch who relied on a shield. Upon defeating her, the Idol stated that the shield was full of discontent before killing her, taking those traits in. The last witch, the Dark Witch (Black Nucleus) attacked the HOMU kingdom but was defeated by the Idol. The Sage revealed that the Idol had the power of playback, but she did not give up and continued on her mission. Upon battling and defeating the final witch, the Dark Witch cursed Bronya to be used as a weapon, which Bronya had finally accepted and took in the last remaining remnants of her personality. She also recognized the Sage as the Monitor and chastised her for invading her mind, even though the Monitor stated that she would forget all of the recent events when she woke up.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

m.hache posted:

Did I miss what a "follow up attack" is? I'm getting a lot of the synergy cards in world 1 and have no idea how to trigger it.

follow up attacks are when a character attacks automatically when a condition is met - like March 7th when a shielded character is attacked

VVVV exactly

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

GateOfD posted:

when does the weekly locked bosses become available that i been hearing about

end of the ice planet

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

finally managed to power through World 3 by just going all-in on Shielding and Shielding accessories like some kind of Space Hank Hill

feels good

god World 4 is a joke though..I guess World 3 is meant to be "the wall' that makes you interact with the roguelite, consistent progression element of it all - but holy smokes did they ever overtune it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

got Gepard's 5* light cone from the standard banner

:getin: all of the Shields, yes please

:laffo: 20k aoe Path of Preservation

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

What is superimpose and why is it needed?

combining copies of a light cone to get a single copy with a higher rank - which strengthens the bonus effect of the light cone, but not the raw stats

e : f, b.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

funkymonks posted:

Are Calyx's the only source of light cone xp (other than smashing other light cones)? I completely neglected it since I was used to weapon xp being essentially free in Genshin from smithing.

I mean besides treasure chests and reward tracks, currently yes

e : oh and each world's shop has a small supply

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 3, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

...Kafka will be a top team

(triple DoT)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

character event banners do get reruns later on though, you dont have to let FOMO get the best of you if you miss out on a given character

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I thought it's not explicitly a poison, per se, but it was meant to turn the MC into a mara-cursed mindless abomination. Being a receptacle for a Stellaron and not a normal human being, we just get a bit sick

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bussamove posted:

Where is this hotdog brush with death, I must know.

if it's what i'm thinking it is, then space liyue, the food stand south of the faction store

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Doug Sisk posted:

All of these hidden missions are great, but I may be stuck on one. I got a message from Hook saying she was stuck at home doing homework, and it ended with me saying I would go there to help her and she agreed. No mission kicked off, but I have found her hanging around north of fightclub with no mention of homework. Is there somewhere else I can go, or is it just a dead-end conversation? I have no idea where her house is, and these messages usually go somewhere though.

all of the companions also have interactions where they have a little chat with you and then you get 5-10 jades

there's no quest follow up its just for flavor

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You know, I have no idea why you can block people or set nicknames for them on your friends list when unlike Genshin it seems like you can't message them or anything. Guess they just copied the friend framework wholesale

there's a chat system coming in 1.1 apparently

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I spent fuel liberally to reach EQ3 this week (this morning in fact) and get double drops from Echo of War. Now it'll take several weeks to reach EQ4 even if I blew everything I have left, so I'm just stockpiling

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the companion quests (asta and arlan at least I can specifically remember) do give Hertareum and those sometimes need a daily reset to progress / be offered

also lmao that Herta is into NFTs

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 6, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Oh man I severely underestimated just how expensive it is to level literally anything past 50. This is gonna be a grind. Added info to spreadsheet as well.

Regarding "break effect" the wording is unclear. Does this apply to "damage dealt (at time of breaking)" and "dot damage (while the enemy is broken)" and "how much the enemy is delayed (by a break)"?

Or are the dot and delay sections global, and apply outside of the enemy being broken?

it only enhances the effect of the Break; each element has a different Weakness Break effect so it tells you how it would modify the various types

here's the list I found :

Physical - Deals additional damage and causes bleed damage over time

Ice - Freezes the target, delaying enemy action and causing ice damage over time

Fire - Deals fire damage and causes additional fire damage over time

Wind - Deals wind damage and causes additional wind damage over time

Lightning - Deals lightning damage and causes lightning damage over time

Quantum - Applies Entanglement, delaying enemy actions, and dealing quantum damage over time

Imaginary - Applies Imprisonment, delaying enemy actions, and reducing enemy speed

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Re:breaks. drat, that's what I was afraid of. So no real reason right now to focus on that stat on pretty much anyone, over something like atk which is always relevant.

well , yes and no, you're right that it doesn't make sense on a character that's just going for raw damage (stacking atk, crit%, crit damage, SPD, etc)

but it's excellent on
a) Support characters that will never amount to much damage, but can still break shields if the weakness lines up
b) DoT characters that don't benefit from crit anyways (as DoTs cannot crit)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sushibandit posted:

bottom Rx3, top Rx1, bottom Rx1

At least the solutions for jade terminals are super obvious and visible in a way that makes sense, though they are a bit boring, even the bigger ones with 3x rotating terminals. It's the stupid compasses with opposing directions and multiple rows affecting each other that twist my brain into knots so I just spam directions until a pattern emerges that I can solve.

The cubes on the other hand are great. Best out of all the puzzle types on the worldship. Can't wait to unlock the increased difficulty versions.

I was actually disappointed in the "advanced" cubes, they were considerably easier

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

Goddam the jump in resource cost when transitioning from 50 to 60 is no joke

now imagine how bad it'll get for 60-70 :shepicide:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

Why did 1,025,323 people click that

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

seems to be 2k credits each time somebody borrows your character. Might be more at higher EQ levels.

I make a point to borrow one each time I do calyxes because they are laughably easy anyway so I might as well help someone else :unsmith:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

does bronya's super cone come from any place other then the pity shop, I don't see it anywhere

afaik all of the pity shop light cones can be randomly gotten from the standard banner

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

How are you going to pull for him when he's not on a rate up? Or are you talking about using the 300 roll standard banner pity thing on him?

he's the next limited banner and not on Standard ever

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

When she's right she's right.

I've been spending Herta SU tickets on superimposers for the destruction LC but I'm wondering if I should pick up the preservation LC for fireblazer instead. Already got a 5* hunt LC so don't really need that one too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU0pZarehLY

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

When Kafka comes out this mixup is going to be absurd.

:getin:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

isn't it Jing Yuan in a week? for 3 weeks, and THEN Silver Wolf?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Is Silver Wolf confirmed to come first before Luocha? I thought it's still unconfirmed

officially all we know is that 1.1 will contain Silver Wolf and Luocha as 5* and also Yukong as the new 4*

currently, the order as leaked is SW first

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I think effect hit % is decently important on FireMc to get the taunts to stick on higher level stuff

but not enough to mainstat a peice with it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Saw this as a thread on reddit and thought it was a fun discussion so I'll ask here:

What's your music of choice to use for the Express?

So far mine is absolutely Space Walk. Such a chill vibe.

Wildfire (the theme from the ice planet boss fight)

it starts out quiet but it goes hard