Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

March is cool why would I bully her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sampo's VA is bad but he's probably the best ice planet character so far.

Anyway getting into this and man if this was a weird AA PS4 rpg it'd be totally my jam but all the games as a service stuff like the need for grinding and time gating poo poo is a shame even though i've played enough mobile games to be mostly fine with it. You can tell the devs are passionate about making a jrpg (game has a surprising amount of Trails influence so you know they aren't just chasing whats popular) and there's a lot of fun touches all over but sorta disappointing a game that has a lot of promise probably wont be able to fully realise it due to these current industry trends. Still having a good time though. The main party's a lot of fun.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Depends on if you're reading all the books tbh. Got lots of info in those things

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They just realised during development that the Underground was way cooler.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its one of the most common archetypes of silent protag tbh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Wind feels the most thematic to the Hunt which is why they're probably going to blindside us with Imaginary or something.

I mean, doubt they're gonna double up with Dan Heng

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sure but only of them is free

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just like how Seele's banner had characters from the undeground on rate up i'm guessing his will have the Luofu 4 stars + 1 extra.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

studio mujahideen posted:

she WAS being bullied by children, though, and it was right to tell her that

Those children are cool, they should be able to bully whoever they want

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So i'm not familiar with Genshin or similar gacha but i'm caught up with the launch content and what's the general loop like once you've gotten through all quests? How long is it usually between main story chapters and is there regular story events or anything in the meantime or is it just grinding and roguelike runs?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

In genshin's case:

There are a few limited time events per patch. Usually, one larger event with a decent amount of story and the others are smaller and more gameplay-focused.
Each patch is about 6 weeks, split up into two limited banners that are 3 weeks each.
Each patch has new story content of some kind, be it main story or side story stuff.
Each patch also introduces new side quests and other gameplay content, like new areas, bosses, etc.

We can assume this will be similar.

I guess that's not awful. Glad there's a couple of events coming in before the next patch probably. I was hoping I wouldn't just be running the SU for a month or however long it takes for new stuff to be added.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eimi posted:

I have Bailu, but this is the biggest reason I want to use Natasha over her. I love Raven.

Bailu has only had one scene but Natasha seems way cooler. Obviously Natasha is the way to go.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Feel like people are using disaster to describe lesbians that mostly have it together.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wasn't thinking about it from that direction. I could get behind it for Kafka.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Honestly I'm a little afraid though that when we start getting new characters from old planets (like Serval and Gepard's little sister) we're also going to get pointless diversions in the main story just to introduce them.

Not familiar with how Genshin does it but even after finishing Belobog i didn't feel like the whole story was tied up in a neat bow. Seemed to me that seeing how Belobog continues on in the future would be a probable future event, or several events. And that's a solid way to introduce new pals imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Serval seems to figure out on her own that right to the end Cocolia remained a jerk and probably didn't have a sudden change of heart into martyring herself.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know anything about Honkai but Himeko seems like a mysterious hot lady who is always perhaps a little too calm and confident and also has an exploding chainsaw suitcase and a satellite laser grid.

So she seems pretty rad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

:rip:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I’m gonna roll because the only 4 stars I’m missing are Sushang and Tinglun

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Same. And I would do it again

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They were a coward for trying to return the 200000 I gave them and thus they receieved no mercy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If you bully Pom Pom you're my enemy tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

There should be that boulder town event this patch but my impression is that any story continuation would be in 1.1.

What is “that boulder town” event?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh so just like a combat thing?

Shame.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Weird sorta game where I don't want to level up because its just a pain

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think rolling for 4*s makes a lot of sense tbh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I looked deep within my soul and decided I wanted 4*s now instead of 5*s later.

And I got them so can now save for Kafka or more likely test my luck next time there's an imaginary unit on banner.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

While not as cool as bats lances are still pretty cool

Does lady MC swing the thing like a blade or something?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kinda dumb event tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I got a follow up text after those scenes where she's like "I realised Mei is actually really capable and also kinda like family to me so I have decided to renew her contract".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sampo's funny.

Anyway this event was kinda free? Lower difficulty than most content in the game although I guess maybe it doesn't scale with equilibrium like most other stuff does. Hope its not the only event for this half of the banner.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

They're late, dead game

Yep. Video deleted. They're done.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad SA never changes

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Seriously though, I feel like they've been designated as edgy antiheroes purely by vibes, since we never actually see them doing anything worse than we do. Which is how the game handles a lot of characterization, come to think of it.

Edge is in fact pretty much just a vibe.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Stellaron Hunters are super criminals with massive bounties that Are Not To Be Trusted so we must always deal with them with crossed arms and accusatory tones but also like I dunno that's very "cool antihero" to me which is how they're being presented.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Being edgy antiheroes I bet the only crimes on their massive bounties are "being assholes" and "gleefully flaunting the law"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

As a feminist I think it's really important for some of our playable cast to have committed some war crimes so I'm glad that Silver Wolf pulled that off really

yup

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

UHD posted:

dan heng is strong he's just really boring

basic attack: hit enemy
skill: hit enemy harder
ultimate: hit enemy even harder

Is this not how Hunt characters work?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

some people in this thread don't understand the motif of creative types who get obsessive with their competitors and supplant their own identity with a copy of their rival's in a pyschosexual way and it shows

Yup. Sad to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arlan's very polite and responsible and i respect that.