Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I got Gepard on my first newbie banner pull. Does he "count" as my guaranteed 5 star or am I gonna get another one if I finish the 50 pulls?

Also is Gepard a good pull? Who is the Qiqi that I'm praying to miss here. Oh god Gepard is ice element...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

FractalSandwich posted:

...I also got Gepard's E1 off my 7th roll on the standard banner. I can't can even be mad. This is just silly.

As a fellow Gepard E1 haver, I think he's actually really good and the fact that he and March 7 step on each others' toes a little bit is the only reason anyone's poo-pooing him (actually, they synergize quite well and the only unfortunate thing is they're both ice, but that's even better if you're fighting an ice-weak fight, which a lot of the early game is). I'm building mine with full defense to jack up the shield power and he's a monster against single tough enemies. If they don't have frost resistance then freeze from his skill fucks up their turn economy and prolongs break state, and his ult represents a really crazy amount of total mitigation against anything that's doing big attacks.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Meiteron posted:

What are some good team comps for the first simulated universe? I went in at like 14 and got mulched by the bosses, levelled up to 20, went back in, and got mulched by the bosses again I just got a little bit further. I guess I can just do other stuff until I unlock ascensions but I feel like I'm missing something.

I haven't done too many rolls yet so I don't have any major gacha characters I'm working from what's free so far.

Looking at the enemy list on SU1, I'd say Phys-MC / Dan / March / Fire character (probably Asta if you have noone else). Having at least two characters that can hit weakness is pretty important for bosses. You absolutely need either a healer or a shielder (arguably could use both).

Some small optimization stuff to check in order to squeeze out more power -- Check that everyone has a card equipped and that it's leveled up to at least 20. If you have a lot of dupes of the 3* cards, superimpose them up to rank 5. Make sure everyone is wearing at least some relic gear even if you don't have full sets and it's kinda crummy at this level. Check to level up your traces, the first couple upgrades are very cheap.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Clarste posted:

Her follow-ups on weakness breaks seem kinda limited utility, imo. Or rather, is she good on bosses? Because bosses are the hard part.

It's incredible against bosses that summon adds, which is a lot of them, and I am pretty sure she gets additional charges when you break a boss so it will always trigger on them on a break.

She's an AoE character at her core so a Hunt path like Seele is obviously going to do more work on a single target, but the free roomba pizza slicer is good.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The string and cube puzzles are the easiest/most enjoyable for me.

I had a couple minutes of frustration when the cubes upgraded to have the emblem on one face, but only because I was interpreting the objective wrong and trying to rotate the emblem around in a way that was not possible.

The laser puzzles are good but they get a little wrinklier once they introduce the ability to slide some of the pylons around. Not frustrating but you have to visualize more steps.

Minecarts were easy but tedious as mentioned.

The dial puzzles became annoying once they start rotating multiple rings at once. Ain't nobody got brain space to remember which direction and how far multiple rings will rotate each time you touch it.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

For some reason I'm surprised to see a Halloween event. I thought Mihoyo was deliberately avoiding real world and especially western holiday based events, except for lunar new year.

Maybe that's just a Genshin thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Is the new follow up set going to pull Jing Yuan up to be a little more competitive with the other second tier damage dealers or not really?

I know he's not as bad as people like to meme, but I skipped Seele for the big lightning mecha man at launch so I've always been a little sad how quickly his luster faded.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 13, 2023