Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

playing on my ipad, good thing its turn based so I don't have to worry about combo timing like in genshin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

pulled 4x 10 so far and only got a few 4* :(
going to have to go all the way to pity for my first 5*
i only just got up to doing the simulated universe tutorial

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i actually like the dialog
love the space setting and techno-babble

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

arrived on the ice planet.
my first 5* is Yanqing :(
So many ice characters..

my pulled 4* are:

Pela
Qingque
Serval
Sushang

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I probably only time to play like 2-3 hours a day on work days, so nice that everything is mostly a solo thing and I don’t have to deal with leaderboards in my face. Yet.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I laughed at the metaverse joke

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

For 4* I think the one that removes enemy debuff is probably one I’m gonna find used for a lot.
Removing buffs is usually good in these games

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

honkai first planet

how very fate/grand order

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ran away into an alley on ice planet and going thru it like a mini-dungeon

wow

this is like an actual regular game

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i guess talking to trash cans is my life now

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

don't know if its automatic but pulled first time on the standard banner and got Bailu as a 5*.
looks like a neat character

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Bullying March in every dialog choice.

Not interested in Selle so gonna wait for next banner

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

oh lord, these bubbles are a whole another novel.

i saw a mailbox and helped push the letters in and got a good morality stamp.

but then lost it later when I saw a note posted on a dumpster and decided to write over it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

sat on a toilet in the space station and got flushed ended up somewhere else in the station

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

beat the first simulated world.
used both March and Beilu as supporters. Got the right blessings to make other target weak to ice after an ultimate to let my Yanqing cruise.

still not sure which light cones to use, but i just started so i feel its not like i'm missing out if i misue these beginner mats anyway just to get a feel of the ones i find interesting

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i guess we're just at the basic characters atm, but it looks to me like the extra eidolons buffs for extra copies of characters are pretty bland atm. Its all just extra damage here and extra target there.

I guess further down the road like in genshin, we have some units with more elaborate eidolon brnaches where you like HAVE to have e6 for them to be OP.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

there's no elemental synergy atm like genshin (yet), but there's some neat combinations like how YanQing's thing is that he gets a nice crit buff, but loses it when he gets hit.
But if you shield him with March, as long as he doesn't suffer real HP damage from getting hit, he still keeps his buff.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hell yea. Got the 'In the Night' Stelle light cone & a 4* character Hook (new for me) in the same draw on the light cone banner. (took only 20tickets in total)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

'The Faint Star' sidequest was really neat.
Told Rocky the truth, and he's gonna try to go off to find her. For a little sidequest in the beginning, had a lot of oomph to it.

What happens if you pick the lie?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

don't care about impact.
but i be on the lookout for some genshin links

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm grateful for the generous amount of warp points the game is giving us. and the menu navigation so far seems serviceable. Mihoyo really knows how to polish. As they better given the fistful of cash they been generating.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

at least the other made sure to put it in spoilers so you knew to scroll past the mile long black box

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Relic equipping is a pain. Tried to use rec.gear option but if the spaces are filled already, you have to take them out, kind of makes that pointless.

Mild progress on Ice Planet

Got to the reveal that *gasp* Bronya was originally from the underground.
Got to the point where I went to the old city to get supplies and stopped there for the day.

With the giant robot and Clara talking with her friends. Gives me Nier: Automata vibes. How many robot lives have I taken! I'm a murderer!

The Warp Trotters
Got the window near the end of the old town with the little girl. Got to the warp trotter with the bell.
oh no....the warp trotters are people!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Got a dupe of tiles girl, but don’t like her.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Only spent $5 for the monthly pass so far.

Already have two 5* and one 5* cones. So much content though and don’t have desire for Stelle or Bronya. So just gonna bank crystals and tickets waiting for my true waifus to start getting released

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

genshin has done like over 2bil, so yea, they're never gonna look at a traditional game with like no profit

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Star Rail definitely affecting my sleep, sleep like 1-2 hours later after to work to play.
Wake up 1-2 hours earlier to play.

How should I classify the simulated universe in terms of gameplay? What's the equivalent of it in genshin? It doesn't seem like the Abyss challenge runs to me.

I appreciate that even if the support characters don't do much real damage, they still do good bar break damage to pave the way.

Glad it looks like that you can send characters on assignments and you can still use them in gameplay. I remember for the longest time in the beginning, when you sent characters to errands, you couldn't use them in gameplay, they just get sent to timeout.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

tried using Serval in my team since there's a lot of electric weakness enemies.
she's pretty fun. great attack animations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

foxgirl get.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

when does the weekly locked bosses become available that i been hearing about

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So I got Yanqing from the begginer banner, like 20 pulls into the f2p banner got me his LC. Today I bought the 5 f2p tickets and 3 pulls in got an eidoloon for him

Im just going to bee line the story to get the fire trailblazer and pull on the next premium for tingyun. All in on surfer boy for the early part of the game since thats what the game wants me to do apparently.

this is me

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think march is fine to use.
Dan sucks and is replaced by just about anything.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

drat, went right into SimWorld 2, thought I was doing good (just around lv34)
but then got to the mid-boss and made a bad mistake and got wiped.

Probably should pick good blessings on my next run. just been picking ones I haven't seen before to fill out the book.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

One dude is okay cause you can pretend it’s a harem

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I love the stepping puzzles and repair puzzles in this way more than Genshin’s shoot things/light things up in a certain order puzzles

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Or genshins 1000 invisible chests that you just have to spam special in random spot

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the random unexpectedness of characters texting me and opening more quests is a nice surprise each day

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Tried a bronya support off someone, kind of want her now. For a support ability skill character, her basic atk seems to do really good damage

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i want them to add Svarog as a playable character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

don't think its fair to compare to free 4* character to an OP high tier 5* though