Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
This game is way funnier than I was expecting.

Make sure you’re clicking on the object descriptions. Some have made me laugh out loud.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Where do you enter redemption codes?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

For the (lvl 30 spoilers) Svarog fight out of Asta, Serval, and Tingyun, would would the best to raise and bring to the fight?

Think I need to bring at least one of those as only one of my current team can take advantage of his weaknesses.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

What’s a good light cone/relic set for Clara? I’ve currently got her on the one that gives her increased crit when her health drops below 80 percent, which seems like a good fit for her. Not sure about relics though. The one I’m using boosts her defense.

For Seele I’ve got river flows though spring for light cone and the musketeer set for relic, to boost her speed even higher. But not sure there’s one that would work better.

And yea I got both of those in 50 pulls. I seriously lucked out.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

SpaceDrake posted:

:yeah:

As someone with Experience on the subject, I can definitely say that this very much feels like Brother Wei Does A Trails Game. Specifically, with the fairly tightly-focused core cast, it feels a bit like Brother Wei Does A Crossbell Game While Also Using The CS Train, which, good taste there, Dawei.

The trails series hasn’t had writing this good since the Crossbell arc.

Not sure I’d put it at that same level but it’s definitely above Cold Steel.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Has Hoyoverse talked about what the road map for HSR is in the coming months, or how often we can expect patches?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Meiteron posted:

I don't know if there's specific releases yet for update cadence but for the short term you could probably expect it to be similar to Genshin - 6 weeks and change between patches. The game's progression structures are so identical to Genshin that you can ballpark the next patch just by looking at banner timers or when the battle pass is intended to expire. If I had to draw my own conclusions I would assume they would alternate, as Genshin does, between patches that move the story forward or add new explorable spaces, and patches that add some QoL and temporary side events.

Much like Genshin, leaks abound for Star Rail and we already have leaked banners for I believe 1.1 through 1.3, so the game is pretty well planned out through the summer for certain.

The one thing I'll be interested in is if they move new story faster then Genshin. It's a year and change between new regions in that game so far, and it'd be a bit of a bummer if we had to wait that long between destinations here.

Considering that each main destination will likely revolve around a specific Aeon, and there are 16 Aeons, and they plan for the story to take six years, that would indicate a new destination every 4-5 months.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Interesting how the third location has similar themes to Liyue in Genshin (bureaucracy run amok) but where it feels overly serious and plodding in Genshin, here it feels satirical and entertaining.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Yea my last two daily missions have been a follow up from that quest which starts by viewing video tapes, and it’s been cool to follow up given that it’s ending was pretty emotional.

They’ve also been pretty amusing. Actually look forward to doing my daily missions.

Side note: I’m finding it interesting that the vast majority have of Star Rail pics I’m seeing from players is with a female MC. Seems to be the inverse of Genshin.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 1, 2023

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

This is amazing. You can get a bad end at the beginning of the game if you decline Himeko’s offer

https://youtu.be/SVITTCc_WUA

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

So people know that there’s a news radio broadcast you can listen to on the train right?

Cause somehow I missed this in my 30 hours of playing.

Unless it’s a recent addition.

Good listen if you’re a lore junkie.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

MotU posted:

I love the texts and I am going to be sad when they drop up. I hope they stealth add some in and not just in patches if there is a finite amount we may reach. I look forward to them each day and it makes the game feel even more alive compared to something like Genshin. You feel like you actually made friends along the way instead of like "well it's time for Venti to show up and say 6 lines once every 5 months" or something

It’s amazing how little things like this can make such a huge difference in terms of immersion.

I hope other rpg designers are looking at this game because there’s a lot of smart things the game is doing that I would love other rpgs to implement.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I love that they’re using Star Rail to promote science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-x7vGOdm9M

Video is with a Nobel Prize Physicist talking science stuff.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

This is really interesting. I love how much thought Hoyo gives to world design, and in Luofu’s case how they integrated chinese culture and mythology (like the skiffs).

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1654765446430707714?s=46

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

This museum event is really neat. The management part is fun, I love looking at al the exhibits and the lore dumps, and some of the guide recruitments have uncovered more knowledge about the characters (like Natasha’s).

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

New patch is looking great, love that we’re getting two more maps.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Oh poo poo it's the HI3 Elysian Realm/"Final Lesson" writer.

He's a fantastic writer, but prepare to have your heart ripped out.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Make sure to do the “Envision a Rose Forthcoming” side quest.

Many feels.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I just gave love advice to a wine chalice

10/10 GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Leraika posted:

You tried to set it up with its childhood friend, right? right????

Absolutely.