Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I started playing this game when it came out for PS5 about 2 weeks ago and I’m at the point now where I’ve done all the available quests I could find and all the random minigame things (museum, Aethereum Wars, etc).

Is there anything I should be doing daily now other than the dailies and spending my Trailblazer power? Currently at Trailblaze Lv 48 and just waiting to get to 50 to continue SU and Forgotten Hall stuff.

Also, I wasn’t going to pull for Topaz originally but I’ve been playing Clara as my B-Team lately and really enjoying it, and it sounds like Topaz and her go great together, so…there goes my tickets I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Got Topaz in 77 pulls (won the 50/50), and got Guinafen E4 in the process. Then got Topaz's LC in 40 pulls (won the 75/25), so overall not bad. My B-Team of Topaz/Clara/Tingyun/Lynx seems great in the couple of SU runs I tested them out with.

Also hit 600 Starlight so I finally bought Bronya's LC which should be a pretty solid boost to her.

Now if I can just get really lucky and get HouHou with my remaining 40 passes, I'll be all set.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I just tried the Planar Infinity event for the first time today, and holy crap is it a lot of fun. They just give you like 25 blessings and a bunch of boosts and let you whale on dudes.

I've only done the first 3 planes, but on the 2nd and 3rd one I used my party of Clara/Topaz/Tingyun/Lynx and got every single Blessing of Elation and just melted the waves like butter. It was awesome.

Edit: Also the 2nd plane is great for farming Ability Points if you still need them, since there are no battles except for the last boss.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Is Swarm mostly meant to be completed at level 80? My team is 70 and I haven't gotten to TB 60 yet and while I can beat it fine at Difficulty 1, Diff 2 and up seem rough.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I was looking for an excuse to pull Silver Wolf, and Lynx being one of the 4-stars and the chance to get her to E6 did it for me.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Is the new 1.5 Follow-Up relic set gonna be the best set for Clara and Topaz? Wanna know if I should continue to grind relics for them now or just wait.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I got 2 5-star Hackerspace Speed boots today, and got embarrassed at how excited I got.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Eej posted:

https://www.hoyolab.com/article/22908774

It's actually insane how responsive the HSR team is compared to the Genshin team

Cropped the mega image into smaller chunks for easy sharing (also so you don't have to go to hoyolab, a real cesspool of a website)

Wow, these updates are awesome. Only question I have is what do they mean they're replacing Pathstrider rewards in Nameless Honor with universal ones? So like, are they going to give us all the mats, or just 1 of each or those white boxes where we can choose the one we want later?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

What are the best teams to try and build if I only want to auto-battle everything? I have an E6 QQ and she seems neat, but she also seems like I would have to pay attention during combat, which is a non-starter.

So far my follow-up team seems great for auto-battles, since they can just do whatever and win eventually.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

Yukong sucks in auto as well.

My experience with QQ is that her ai usually won't use her skill unless she has 2 or 3 points available. Since she's e6, you're always going to be skill point positive afterwards.

My auto team is Fu Xuan, Luocha, Bronya, and Topaz.

Is Topaz really good enough to hypercarry? I currently have her as a sub-DPS to Clara and she's great there. I would totally try out your team if I hadn't started the game on PS5 with 1.4 and can't get Luo or Fu.

Currently my 2nd auto team is Jingliu and it's fine for the most part. I just wish I could tweak the AI so that 1) the team always leaves a skill point for JL since she shouldn't be basic attacking ever and 2) Have JL not use her Ult outside of her Enhanced State unless it's gonna end the battle.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I'm at TB Lv 58 and trying to prepare for when I hit 60 and can level my guys up to 80 and start getting into MoC. Since I know the resource investment between 70 and 80 is really big, this is my current plan for prioritizing leveling.

1) Get DPS characters on both teams to 80 first, Sustain characters around 75, Support can stay at 70 but will be leveled eventually
2) Farm Relics until everyone has decent gear and level everything to 15 (I already have decent leveled sets for everyone but haven't farmed Planar stuff at all yet)
3) Unlock everyone's last Bonus ability in Traces (should this be prioritized ahead of Relics?)
4) Level LCs (same order as #1?)
5) Level up rest of the Traces on everyone
6) Farm forever for BiS Relics...

Does this make sense to you guys? Anything I should change?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Kiavahr posted:

star rail gives 300 jades for downtime and a 10 pull
Genshin gives 300 gems, plus another 300 to apologise for the bugs that patch, and sometimes does a 10-pull on top of that

Seems fair-ish?

unrelated:

I just read the 1.5 notes and they're gonna give us 300 jades for downtime and also 300 jades for some bug. So we're getting the best of both worlds!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Well this was a very unfortunate banner for me. Lost the 50/50 on Huohuo and got Welt.

Then lost the 75/25 on her LC and got Bronya S2.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

shrach posted:

Going to assume you didn't S2 that and have realised it's not the worst luck in the world having two best in slot light cones for sometimes considered good characters, Bronya and Tingyun.

Yeah, I thankfully realized that having an extra copy of the BiS Harmony LC for 4-stars is not bad, actually.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Huohuo seems to pair nicely with Bronya (I know everyone does) since if you need emergency heal Bronya can advance her forward on her turns as well.

So far she seems really good since she can heal more on her skill than Lynx’s ult. Just requires a smidge more thinking to use.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Eimi posted:

I'm sure part of it is just a trace issue, but at level 6 traces and 5.5k hp Post-Op convo doesn't feel like enough. Has me wondering if I should use Shared Feeling or the event LC instead.

Her signature LC is nuts and probably worth going for.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Eimi posted:

Eh, I mean if you're pushing to invest in her I think her e1 is a far superior value. It eases up her sp consumption and perma spd boost is stronger than the same amount of atk. Shared Feeling s5 gives you enough energy to skill basic basic and have a 4 turn ult.

Mainly I find the effect of the lowest character being healed and buffed whenever anyone uses their ult to be quite effective and add up over time.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

delfin posted:

I finished up the ghost-hunting saga; all that I have left is one 4-Fiendfires-or-less objective against Cirrus's crew, because he is an rear end whose ability pulls Fiendfires out of nowhere unless your counter-timing is perfect.

I didn't have much trouble with the Fiendfire objectives. Just keep 1 character's ult up at all times (doesn't matter who) and trigger it when the red fire is near the top (doesn't matter if it's an enemy turn, it'll still work).

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

delfin posted:

While true, the trick with Begone, Evil I and III is that the red fire doesn't have to be anywhere near the top; when Cirrus acts, he yanks his troops up to the top of the stack and their flame triggers immediately, unless you jam an ult in between that and the troop's action. Which is fine if you have an ult ready and your finger on the trigger...

I got through it on I, where he only has one on-field troop at a time. III has four at all times until he runs out of reinforcements, and is a little trickier.

I'm playing on PS5 using a controller, so when I press the trigger to select an ultimate it pauses the game, making it easier to quickly react to. I can understand it being trickier if you're playing on phone or if the PC version doesn't do the pause thing.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Zwiebel posted:

I've only done the Bailu ghost quest yet.

Is everything in this event quest this long? It seems like a bit much in comparison to the past events.

This entire event is basically 15 side quests strung together and like 20 challenge battles, covered in a neat Twitter UI wrapper.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

There's a Pelicana 10 miles from me. Are the rewards just cosmetic or actually useful in-game?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

This is kind of a niche question but: I'm about 400xp from hitting the weekly xp cap for Nameless Honor. If I claim a reward worth 2100 Nameless xp, do I just waste 1700 of that, or does it actually go into my XP total and beyond the cap?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

Only daily/weekly counts towards the cap and it does not spill over

Meowywitch posted:

its wasted, and then when you hit the cap you cant actually accept any more.

Okay is this conflicting info? I should probably have specified that this is not one of the daily/weekly rewards, but one of the "seasonal" ones (the getting 15 stars in MoC one). Basically is it safe for me to claim or should I wait until Monday?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Tarezax posted:

"Seasonal" points do not count towards the weekly cap. You are safe to claim it.

Thanks! In other news, I finally hit TB60 today, promptly leveled all my characters and tried out MoC for the first time, and managed to get through MoC 7 solely auto-battling! I've concluded that I really need a Luocha or Fu Xuan rerun, because while Huohuo performed great, my E0 Lynx can't quite solo-sustain my 2nd team.

qbert fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 18, 2023

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Currently working my way through the Swarm Disaster missions, and I just unlocked Difficulty 4. Are there any particular tips/Path combinations that make SD easier? I've just been using Remembrance with my Jingliu team and trying to get the Destruction/Hunt interplays while doing it, and it's been okay.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

darkgray posted:

Welp, took Huohuo up to lv75:

Doing the weekly Phantylia boss fight on autobattle still ended with my 3080 hp Tingyun dying:

Given that cleansing is her specialty, I was hoping this would be the ideal situation for her, but it feels like a complete crapshoot. Second run went fine, at least.
Mind you, even my Fuxuan often struggles to get through this boss in one piece, so maybe it's just designed to be a double sustain fight for guaranteed success.

Huohuo is great as a sustain, but you can’t really auto-battle with her on tricky fights. I usually take control on the character right before her in turn order, because often the A.I. will just basic attack when it should heal, or waste SP right before her turn so she can’t heal. I let it auto the rest of the time and it works fine.

Also her LC makes her WAY better at auto-battling because you heal a ton from everyone using their ults constantly, and that passive heal can carry you through most fights.

This is all based on me spending 8 hours yesterday doing Swarm Disaster poo poo with her to get the self-modeling resin.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

coolusername posted:

I’ve never managed space station, the turns and aiming are too tricky for me on my phone. Kafka is great at trotter, I just run around spamming her tech and everything dies, and Jingliu got me the docks and mines barrels because her aoe radius tags everything you run past, but space station timing is so tight and I get caught on the edges of platforms.

Holy poo poo I'm an idiot and never considered using Jingliu's Technique to do the barrel missions. Always wondered how anyone got close to hitting all 30 using regular melee.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I've seen people suggest getting Jingliu to 135 SPD and Bronya to 134 SPD to maximize damage. Given my current Relics, I can get Jingliu to 134 SPD and Bronya to 133 SPD. Does this still work? I know 134 is a breakpoint of some sort so I'm wondering if it's still worth it to run with this setup.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

darkgray posted:

The true breakpoint is 133.333..., so if you check your character's true speed down to the decimal point on https://enka.network/?hsr it'll be enough if Bronya reaches at least 133.4.
People usually just go with "134 minimum" because the in-game stat sheet cuts decimal points, and it's too much of a hassle to go to MoC to test whether it's actually enough.

Weird...in-game it definitely lists my Bronya's SPD as 133 but on the site you linked she's listed at 134.0. All the other stats are identical between the site and in-game. Well hopefully that means she's very close to 134 and slightly slower than my Jingliu.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Eimi posted:

Never use 4pc hackerspace. It doesn't have a good effect and it can mess up spd tuning. The 2pc is amazing but pretend the 4pc doesn't exist.

Yeah I'm currently using the 4-piece on Bronya. You're saying this could mess up the -1 SPD thing with Jingliu? What alt 2pc set do you recommend instead?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Eimi posted:

I use resin on err ropes and spd boots because those are both the rarest and because they have the best chance of being useful without having good substats. Because I feel using self modeling resin guarantees the substats will be rear end.

I think through a bunch of testing people have actually determined that some of the Body stats are actually rarer to get than SPD boots. Crit Rate/Crit Dmg/Outgoing Healing/EHR. But yeah ERR rope is the rarest.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Trying to farm the hidden missions in Swarm Disaster was a mistake. Even with the Path of Prop skip, having to farm 140+ bosses is slow as hell.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

coolusername posted:

You can fish for choices, too. Like with Hunt there’s a choice for the sequence trotter nodes, so you can bounce around all the reward nodes to get extra ones.

It would be a lot better if you could see your progress for each path. Been farming it for several days now and today is when I finally started completing any of them. 2 paths down, 5 to go...

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I guess I did a decent job evenly distributing my path choices in SD, because I managed to unlock all 7 hidden missions yesterday. Hunt was predictably the last one since it had the fewest paths, but just farming the Hunt path a few times finished it off through Occurrence and Treasure domains.

Only thing left is doing the last 2 regular missions, but they seem hard so I'm just gonna save them for a rainy day or something.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

delfin posted:

Humor me on this. I have 42/42 cleared on Secrets and 13/13 on unlocks, but have Hunt, Abundance and Destruction left in the hidden tree objectives. What exactly counts towards triggering those? I've run a lot of Destruction, far more than I have Remembrance or Preservation, yet those unlocked first.

All I have left in the "regular" tree is the Difficulty V one at the end, and I can't clear that yet with anyone.

Whenever you complete a Plane, you get a dialogue choice while talking to whatever Aeon. Next to each choice you can see a Path symbol. You need to make 20 choices of the corresponding path to unlock its hidden mission.

Hunt is the rarest choice to show up and you can also get Hunt choices when talking to paintings during Occurrence and Treasure domains while running through Planes on the Hunt path.

The easiest way to farm the hidden missions is to use Path of Propagation and cheat the dice roll and select the Gold one to skip straight to the boss of Plane 1 on Difficulty 1. I would run Hunt path to finish Hunt though.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Bad Video Games posted:

4 immersifiers, 4 double piles of poo poo. Not even a Solsatto attack rope.

Earlier today I synthesized 4 Salsatto ropes trying to get an attack one.

HP, Break Effect, Break Effect, HP.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Angry Platypus posted:

Two immersifiers used, two broken keel ER ropes received, BOTH with effect res substat. Today was a good day. :toot:

Was trying to get that today, instead got an ERR Ritulant rope to drop :(

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Radical posted:

i got 30 stars on the new MoC on autobattle so im definitely looking forward to them adding floors 11 and 12

I would also like to auto-battle my way through all content. What setup did you use?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Question: Is there anything I'm not doing daily that's quick and easy that I'm forgetting?

Weeklies:
- Echoes of War
- Simulated Universe points
- Nameless weeklies
- MoC

Dailies:
- Get 500 Daily Training points
- Do all Nameless dailies
- Spend available Trailblazer Power
- Do the daily Pom-Pom mission
- Get my fortune read for the achievements

Is there anything else I'm missing? I know I could grind enemies if I wanted but it's not worth the effort/time to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Any chance Hyo would ever allow Support characters to be used in MoC?

Eej posted:

Luocha sure but Huohuo's actual healing output is a small trickle outside of refreshing her skill. Dewdrop, for example, stinks on Huohuo.

Doesn't her skill out-heal everything in the game?

qbert fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 29, 2023