Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looking forward to playing this exploitative pay to win gacha garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

house of the dad posted:

It’s refreshing getting to play somethin that’s like genshin but where I have no clue what’s going or where my resources should be going yet. Sure I’ll make a lot of mistakes but that’s part of the experience.

Dont worry, those $99 bundles will let you fix those mistakes. The information overload and making sure your confused is part of the design to trick you into paying real money.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

house of the dad posted:

Not sure if there's a better place to list this stuff but there are 5 working codes right now in total. Haven't seen the fourth one passed around yet.

Thank you! But where in-game do you enter these codes? I couldn't actually find a place to enter them in the iOS version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

gacha games make money off of two types, a large number of extremely low spenders and a very small amount of extremely high spenders. the bp and monthly thing feeling good for the price gets the former crowd and the latter crowd being able to spend 'just' a couple hundred and guarantee the character is actually relatively generous, as insane as it is to say, compared to the stories of like early day granblue players, pre that game having pity, spending thousands and not even getting the character they want.

Overall it's never a good idea to spend any money on these games. Just work with what you got basically. I think the devs for Honkai though are in a pretty stable place, they seem to be anyways, and so not a lot of risk of their games shutting down, but so many gacha / mobile games have ended service this year, that it feels super risky to want to spend any sort of money on new ones. The live service gaming genre is on its way out as developers realize its not the massive money maker that they were hoping for.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

i really dont think the liveservice/gacha model is on its way out lol. a bunch of stuff has closed but even mor stuff is opening up and doing well. uma musume and genshin are having their biggest months ever lately.

There is really only room for a couple Gacha's to be successful. The rest have maybe one or two months of strong revenue, and then die right after.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dunno! Can only base it off my own observation, and seeing mobile game studio's ending service on dozens of their games each month. If I had a dollar for every live service game that I thought was not going anywhere, and then got blindsided by service ending, or future content updates were going to end, I could pretty much fund my own gacha at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

The gacha/live service model is only going away if the entire market suddenly decides they're no longer putting up with it and stop paying. Otherwise it solves a lot of the problems with trying to make money off of video games, it's a lot of up front investment for a product that you can only sell once.

I wish people would at least stop spending money on them. Many of these games are actually not that bad at all, even if a lot of them are just straight up copy/pasted across each other. But they would be good double-A / low budget indie like single player offline RPGs instead.