Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
The post-login info dialogue says 2100 Eastern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

TV Zombie posted:

mono quantum team in SU

Seele,SW,Nat and JY
How is quantum, quantum, physical, lightning a “mono” team? :raise:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Having an odd issue with Simulated Universe; I started one of the new-to-me difficulty levels (having recently hit TB65), whiffed the opening blessings pulls, and decided to be cheesy and quit/restart (meaning, full-on "finalize and quit", not "save for later").

Except now, no matter how I start a new SU run (same/different world, difficulty level, starting team, quit out of SU, quit the app entirely, etc etc) I no longer get the initial blessing/curio/currency screen. Even after an encounter or two!

Is this a known issue? First time I've seen a bug that resisted restarts of the app.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Aha! (pun not intended, also, drat that was a good side quest) I tried the first battle but didn't think to push ahead to clear the first entire room. Thanks all! Glad to know I'm not crazy (about this anyways).

Game is good, I am slowly building up my new free story Yukong because I have no other source of Imaginary damage. Also she's pretty, and cool, and a good mom.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Yea, agree, or to quote from earlier,

Not So Fast posted:

If they didn't want me to cheese, maybe they should try giving me a blessing in my path before I hit the first boss room!
:colbert:

I will be wholly unsurprised if some future QoL patch note mentions "yea so we kinda hosed up the entire concept of path 'affinity' w/r/t blessings rolls, it's been fixed, you should actually feel like your path is being honored now". If it's truly weighting the rolls, it feels incredibly marginal.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
I noticed the last level of the dungeon event also paired up trial Kafka with trial Asta, but I’m not clear on what the synergy is exactly. Asta’s basic inflicting Burn? Her speed ult (which I don’t entirely grok for Kafka since speed is generally a good buff for everybody)?

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Thanks all, that makes sense!

Also, now that I'm halfway through the 'deep' variant of floor 5 (this is SUCH a nice way to explore the banner characters vs the single tiny trial battles!) and have had Kafka in-party for quite a few battles, I'm really enjoying her. Interesting how only her talent and ult apply DoTs but I can see how if she had more in her own kit, she'd be a one-woman wrecking ball.

And her talent helps offset when your party is DoT-poor but basic-attack heavy (eg Fireblazer, Blade) which is nice.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
All this FX chat has me wondering if mine is lacking somehow, despite being at high traces, high stats (~7K HP), decent LC (Gepard's), etc. I've beaten Swarm V under Abundance/Preservation/Nihility but Propagation seems just barely beyond my reach (to the tune of often getting to the 2nd or 3rd phase of the boss but then losing out to a particularly bad swarm AoE - and no, not always when she loses the CC roll).

Those of you who are happy with a highly invested Fu: do you still find yourself losing reasonably often (eg, bad luck of the blessings draw, or tactical missteps like too many detours to rack up that sweet basic attack DMG for QQ and now oops, endboss got too buff)? Mention of her, and/or Propagation as a path, making Swarm V a "cakewalk" has me wondering if that's hyperbole (or the posters in question having eidolons).

Rails-Express export:

(FTR, the team I've been trying with lately is mono-Quantum, FX / Lynx / QQ / SW. Which generally seems to gel real nicely, I might add! Tho I wonder if I should try replacing my E2 Lynx with my E1 Bailu for her resurrect and reactive healing; Fu's built-in anti-CC stuff may be sufficient on its own w/o Lynx's ult?)

bitprophet fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 8, 2023

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Kyrosiris posted:

Does she have all her hp% minor traces?
It sounds like the difference between ours was already explained, but FTR, yea - she has all of her minor traces filled in. I feel like most chat about FX has 7k as the "that's good enough" checkpoint, right? Tho I would obviously love to have another 1k HP! :v:

Basically, outside of being really bad at picking blessings (it's possible, tho I feel like I have a decent grasp on mechanics and what is or is not going to help with her survivability in the final boss fight) I'm just wondering if I'm missing some variable like "actually she'd do better with a different 2-set of relics" or "getting a good substat roll on her X slot will make just enough difference".

Zurai posted:

No, you're not the only one. FX is extremely vulnerable to boss AOEs in Swarm Disaster 5 if the rest of your team isn't strong enough to kill the boss quickly. [...] stacking damage buffs [...]
A) thanks, B) ah right, I did forget that the freakin' bugs have that constantly stacking damage buff, so yea - this might be my DPS lacking some. My QQ is maxed out and my SW is also highly invested, but I might try replacing SW with a full DPS (eg Blade or Kafka, tho Blade won't trigger the good 3-star Propagation blessings as reliably due to his SP quirks) for the final battle sometime.

I don't have DHIL or Seele; my best-built DPS is likely Blade, Kafka, QQ or Sushang, tho the 5-stars are low-Eidolon.

quote:

I actually wouldn't put up her field in the last phase of specific bosses
I'm aware of this tactic but I also haven't really tried it with the final boss, so I might. (OTOH, when my other party members are all semi squishy, that could possibly backfire.)

bitprophet fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 9, 2023

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
In true "complain for success" fashion, I literally just now beat Propagation V. Didn't actually do anything differently; did get pretty lucky re: the state of the board and the dice (eg, I skipped most of the 2nd phase with the golden die face when like 2/3 of the board was bug-colored, and eventually entered the final boss with literally every single Propagation blessing in hand).

I did have a small pile of non-Propagation blessings such as some (not all) of the Hunt extra turn and heal/energy on break/kill ones. (Also Macrosegregation picked up early and then...zero other Preservation blessings so it didn't do jack, heh.)

But yea: having so much Propagation oomph behind QQ meant I did have plenty of DPS; she just went beast mode and I blitzed through the entire boss fight very quickly.

darkgray posted:

There's also plenty of blessings that'll heal the team through a variety of methods (the 3* heal-share abundance one is superb), so you don't really need a proper healer taking up a slot.
I'm always leery of getting unlucky and not hoovering up enough Abundance blessings for the no-healer approach to work, but I also haven't tried it much because I'm risk-averse, so maybe I'll give it more of a try under other paths where I can replace Lynx with a 2nd path-friendly DPS.

Speaking of Fu and shields, btw, it's not clear to me how those interact with her ability. It sounds like, because the ability says "redirection happens before shields are calculated", that a shield on her will absorb redirected damage? Thus why having a shield on her can help (orthogonal to the blessing that gives % dmg-reduction of shielded characters - agree that's fantastic if you get it)?

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

MadHat posted:

You can start with a Healer and rotate them out when you get the right Blessings
Yea, good point, I'm weirdly fixated on not switching people in/out (and yet, because consistency is apparently for chumps, I also make sure to download at every opportunity "just in case" :rolleyes:). Should break that bad habit.

Kyrosiris posted:

I guess you could say that the curio that heals 20% at the start of every turn is a healer but I felt like being pedantic. :v:
I mean, yes, your team lacked a healer, but you still had both FX and Gepard! When most people say "no healer" I tend to assume that means swapping the healer slot for another full DPS, in the usual "tank + heals + utility-or-DPS + DPS" setup.

(That said, now I sort of want to build my recently 50/50-loss-acquired Gepard, just to see how FX+Gepard do together, it sounds hilarious. Not a big fan of him as a character sadly.)

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
I just finished what I thought was the tail end of the not!Pokemon event, got every reward I can see, but I’m missing some final aether chip for an achievement. What gives?

Also, my Silvermane Lt, Silvermane Cannoneer, Chunky Chops, and Dracolion team did real well in the final stretch, even if going up against another player’s Lt team made for some hilarious counter-counter-counter spam.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

MadHat posted:

You missing a Chest?
Probably! I don’t have them all and forgot they sometimes have the chips in them. Will have to hunt or wait til I pull Numby :v: thanks :)

I did get all Barrie’s stuff, but only because I knew to talk to him from earlier posts upthread!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Finally got my first 30-star MoC, will find out next reset if it’s purely due to the gimmick or if my built FX and partly built Jingliu are just that good.

Eimi posted:

Pela is extremely notable too, she pairs great with Jingliu.
Hijacking to ask: why exactly is this, and if it’s because of Pela’s defense shred (eg same reason Prydwen bewilderingly recommends the quantum relic 4pc for Jingliu), why does Jingliu want def shred more than all the other DPS units?

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Thanks for the info re: Jingliu. I gotta remember that Prydwen often assumes things like “well obviously you’re blowing stacks of cash on the freakin’ weapon banner”. Surprise, I do not have her LC! I will remember that Pela is good for her though, I’d forgotten about that particular eidolon.

Unrelated: gently caress I hate accidentally using Swarm dice which replace random tiles on the board, only for them to replace the goddamn final respite zone when I have nowhere else to spend all the money I was hoarding for blessing improvements :argh:

EDIT: also Remembrance sucks hard in Swarm V. Not sure I’ll ever get it to work without incredible blessings luck (such as hitting all the good Remembrance ones and getting enough defensive off-path stuff).

bitprophet fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 21, 2023

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Zokari posted:

i had a remembrance run once where enemies were taking massive damage every time i hit them while frozen and i can't remember what caused it
I think there’s one that removes Dissociation (thus triggering it) when hitting frozen enemies? Certainly Dissociation is the real big damage dealer for Remembrance blessings.

Also love scooping up the two Spores-applying Propagation blessings regardless of actual path. So many big numbers.

I still haven’t managed to beat Swarm V on Remembrance or Hunt tho, even in runs I would call particularly lucky. If I get enough damage resist or shields, I don’t get enough busted damage blessings, or vice versa. I think FX may be one of my problems, though, since she’s so good anytime you aren’t facing ridiculous AoE damage I tend to overuse her. Should go back to Fireblazer + hoping to roll up Macrosegregation and a few other shield blessings. or build my Gepard, I guess, siiiiigh he’s so booriiingggg

Relatedly, I’ve got all but the last star on the Luofu themed Forgotten Hall. Can’t seem to clear it quite fast enough, always over the limit by 4-5 turns even if I’m reaching full 10 stacks of the buff.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

coolusername posted:

But I finally beat world V with hunt, the last path I was stuck on… by prioritising other options like preservation and abundance, bringing firemc + fu xuan + luocha and using the “stop hitting yourself stop hitting yourself” strat :cool: now to never touch it again
Can you elaborate on this? I’m still beating my head against Remembrance and Hunt paths. Did you get enough of the 2/3 star Preservation blessings that you both had tons of shield and enough of the “damage attacker on hit” kit? Enough to outrun the bugs’ stacking attack buff?

I can still never seem to find the right balance, if I get enough firepower to outrun the damage stacking I lack the defense to keep from even early tank oneshotting, or vice versa (enough defense means not enough firepower, fight drags on until it’s no longer enough defense either).

That said, I haven’t tried doubling up with FX+FB, could be amusing if I get enough self-healing blessings and Macrosegregation.

I also feel that not having any Imaginary DPS is a hindrance in this situation, so I’m left gambling on the first boss weakness add, or hoping I get enough key Propagation blessings to make QQ a real powerhouse.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Finally, after what felt like months of trying, beat Swarm V on Remembrance. Sample size of one success, but the key may have been to say YOLO and ignore the countdown in favor of vacuuming up as many blessings as possible. I’m normally of the opinion that you won’t get enough key blessings in those extra turns to offset the crazy enemy buff scaling, but now I gotta rethink that!

Not only did I get essentially every Remembrance blessing, I got enough Hunt to juice my turn count, enough Preservation that at least some characters were shielded much of the fight (and buffed from it, eg the crit boosts), and a few key Abundance ones to boost max HP.

Fu got smacked in the face a lot but she actually (barely) weathered the storm despite being at countdown negative 8 levels of enemy buff.

Time to see if “ignore countdown” works for Hunt too, and then it’s just Elation left, which I assume will be reasonably easy once I finish building Clara some.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Game’s open!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Anyone else finish Foxian Tale of the Haunted content, but have the dreaded "mystery exclamation point" in the travel log icon and menu? Everything that can be checked off, is, and I'm not seeing any new conversations at the 'squad spot' or anything.

Unrelated first-world-problems gripe: wish they already had a loadout feature implemented, I'm having to keep a partial Prisoner relic set around (locked, obviously) to avoid otherwise tanking Kafka by replacing her fully built Band+Musketeer relics piece by piece.

Also unrelated gripe: still mad about Swarm V Hunt being nigh impossible, back in the "survive boss hits XOR dps-outrun boss buffs" hole again. Might need to craft an SP-neutral team and then hyperfocus on the extra turn / speed boost blessings or something.

e:

Eimi posted:

Never use 4pc hackerspace. It doesn't have a good effect and it can mess up spd tuning. The 2pc is amazing but pretend the 4pc doesn't exist.
But the almighty Prydwen says certain characters, like Lynx, do want 4pc messenger! (you might be right, though, and also, I wish they had the new expanded rationale section for relics/stats on the older characters too...useful analysis)

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

darkgray posted:

Pair her up with a shielder (M7, Fire MC, Gepard), put Wildfire on one
Is this the We Are Wildfire LC whose effect only lasts 5 turns? Are folks actually beating the big bug in only 5 turns?! :psyduck:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

darkgray posted:

Yes, but no. What I mean is that your "bonus shielder" can equip it in order to automatically heal up the team between fights in SU, meaning you can get away with skipping a healer altogether. Saves you in painful lotto ticket implosions too.
It's also useful on Fuxuan if you're farming relics or whatever, since it'll keep people from slowly being ground to death while auto-looping a domain.
Ah! Gotcha. I'm so turbo-focused on "how not to die to bugs" I didn't consider the 'endurance' use case. Is your Fu able to be the only healer in this setup (eg, the heal-share blessing triggering off her monster self-heals)?

I actually experimented last time with a Fu + (March/TB) dual-tank setup and thanks to great luck w/ Preservation blessings, it was incredibly durable. Got to phase 3 of the boss, even, but did not have the offensive power to outrun their buff stack (for a few reasons).

I'm still not sure who's better as a Fu-adjacent shielder in this scenario; per action, March does 50% more shield (~3000 shield on one character, vs TB's ~500 shield x 4 characters = 2000) but TB applies shields on every action, including the ones where she is generating SP. (This all assumes Macrosegregation, of course; I can't see a shield focused run succeeding without.)

Zurai posted:

You can actually use consumables in SU now. At least, if you've finished the SU skill tree.
That's regular SU only though, right? I'll have to squint harder at the UI next time.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

darkgray posted:

I don't have Gepard, so I've only been running her with M7, but it's a match made in heaven from what I can tell.
I have, but don't want to build, Gepard, so kinda same :v: Will definitely have to experiment with this pairing more, thanks for the anecdata! I'm thinking Fu/March/SW/QQ or (if I luck into giving the boss ice weakness and/or end up with strong Remembrance blessings) Fu/March/Jingliu/QQ.

Re: path: I'm still trying to get Hunt squared away; I've only got it and Elation remaining. As I think I've said before, the Paths with a usefully scaling "engine" (eg Nihility, the defensive ones, etc) haven't been super hard for me. Remembrance was pain until I went long for enough RES shred and blessings; Hunt continues to really suck; I imagine Elation will be easy and I'm just saving it for when my Clara and Topaz are built more.

Kyrosiris posted:

Also, just keep the bugs entangled forever with Hell Is Other People and you don't need all this fretting about survivability. :v:
I think I've been overly focused on that blessing in its break-DoT context for Nihility-focused runs, and should probably grab it next time I'm doing my mostly-Quantum team :hmmyes:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Kyrosiris posted:

I admittedly picked it up on a whim but it was very useful, especially because it was pre-upgraded and worked with the "when you apply a Break, get a skill point" boss debuff that I got out of world 2. One break hit everyone, and also gave me a bucket of skill points. :iia:
Welp, clearly Workshopping With Goons™ is the winning strategy - I was mid-run when posting earlier, and just beat Hunt, at countdown negative 5 to boot. (This further cements my hunch that you will in fact do better if you just ignore the countdown in favor of chasing down valuable nodes.)

Think I had each of the key blessings mentioned in the previous discussion: distributed heals (not that I needed them much), Macrosegregation, break-effect-hits-all-enemies, oodles of shield gen / shield boost / DMG reduction, a key smattering of Disassociation bits, the IMHO more-useful-in-Swarm of the two damage-dealing Preservation 3-stars (they're hitting me more often than I'm hitting them).

Thanks! :science:

Time to focus on building Topaz and polishing Clara (you'd think it would be the other way around, polish the gem and beef up the waif).

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

delfin posted:

The main issue is that Difficulty V hits too hard for my healers to keep up for long [...]
There's a fair amount of luck involved, of course. [...]
Yea, it's a whole lot of luck, even when you have team members who can take advantage of the Path you're running. FWIW I did a decent amount of SwarmV with FB+Bailu+Blade+whomever, so it is possible, just, as noted, with the right blessings. Running regular SU helps illustrate just how many more opportunities for blessings we have in Swarm - as I was counseled upthread a ways, you just gotta focus on forcing a pile of the blessings you need, regardless of ostensible Path. And that takes luck, unfortunately.

Speaking of Topaz, I only just started using her myself; she seems to be pretty decent, but I haven't tried her on V yet. Kinda curious to see how she does without a ton of Elation support, tho I have a big enough roster I can't imagine running her with no other followup attackers in the team, even if it's just Kafka and/or Blade. (But I tried her on a lower Swarm difficulty alongside Clara and Himeko and woof. Woof, I say! Or I guess squeak/oink/whatever noise Trotters make.)

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Bad Video Games posted:

Her talent boosts damage when a skill causes an attack. So probably not great for Blade, Quinque, or Jingliu.
Wouldn’t this make her good for Jingliu, not bad? Jingliu’s power coming mostly from her enhanced skill and all.

quote:

Her leaked kit looks great. I'm still not pulling for her.
Why not?

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

rio posted:

I wish we had some sort of combat dummy that tracked damage so I could get a better sense of stuff like Pela vs. Hanya in a Seele team.
We do now! If you finish the current Belobog arena fighty event, one of the punching bags in the room becomes a permanent repeatable encounter with a big pile of shield-bros.

Which reminds me to go put it to use, I’ve always been support-averse (preferring double dps) but my Asta is finished-ish and my 300-pulls free Bronya is getting there.

Wish the game had a running damage tally though, or exposed turn counter outside of the modes where it’s mechanically significant.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Bad Video Games posted:

I get a strong feeling of disgust the hornier a character is designed.

[…]

I […] play Kafka
:raise:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Regarding Ratio, do we know yet what his optimal relic set/s and main/sub stats will be? Asking for me, I would like to do at least a cursory amount of pre-farming for him and already had the obvious stuff (ascension, trace mats) sorted.

Guessing some combination of Wastelander and/or Duke, and the usual FUA emphasis on CR/CD, ATK, SPD?

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Thanks for the Ratio infodump folks! Going to be real fuckin weird training my eyes to actually see/consider the Imaginary symbol during team construction and target selection, instead of completely ignoring it...

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
:siren: overthinking alert!!! :siren:

I feel like pulling on the LC banner for once (my LC stable is weak & my roster overstuffed).

Enjoying free Ratio, who has S5 Cruising (taken from Sushang, who now has S2 Swordplay; my Topaz has S5 Only Silence). His signature LC looks really good.

I love Kafka, who's got S5 Fermata, but her signature 5-star looks significantly better.

Finally, I'm building Ruan Mei and have nothing good (of my other Harmonies, Bronya has her sig, Asta and Hanya have S5 Cogs, Tingyun who I barely use has S3 Carve; and I've got unused decent-superimposed copies of Dance! and Rendezvous.) I figure I'll hopefully hit on a usable 4-star, or S5-ish of a third Cogs, on the way to one of the 5-stars.

With all that in mind, would you:

- pull for Veritas Bathtub
- pull for Kafka's Extremely Small Portion Sizes
- shuffle my existing LC allotment around (or dig into the Herta or FH stores), and put the gems towards the 2.0+ character banners, overstuffed roster be damned

?

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Wouldn’t “everything is meaningless” be more IX’s thing under Nihility? Obviously those two Aeons have some overlap or adjacency, but.

Also, I don’t care if Firefly has no significant story relevance by end of planet. She’s cute! (Ok, and mysterious. Please no spoilers, I’m hoping it’s not “she’s actually just this other character!” since that would be a little boring.)

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Been playing iPad-exclusive since launch, it’s great, I had to drop Genshin in part due to it being too button-mashy but this has been so nice to do on a touch platform.

Bad Video Games posted:

We loving better get 5 star Sampo. I'm going to be pissed if all we get is a new path for Trailblazer.
Do we even know for sure we’re getting a new TB path? We didn’t get one from the Luofu.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder if there's ever been an Aeon of Cool that perfectly embodies "being cool"
There is, and Hanu is their Emanator.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Leraika posted:

march is your paimon.
VILE SLANDER!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
ME: aw jeez, I came in just a hair under the 20-turn mark on MoC 12!!! Curse you, boss!Aventurine! but also, I can't believe I did this well!

BOSS!AVENTURINE, VERY NOT DEAD YET: :confused: that was only my 1st phase, boyo, and also now your entire team is low health & you've no healer.

ME: :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Clarste posted:

Skill issue:

Are the chevrons (instead of numbers in circles) marking which stats got upgrades also a skill issue, or is this a screenshot of one of those third party relic rating sites?