Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004

quote:

I have never before been so infuriated by an fictional character. She druged my character, tampered with their spech, humiliated then. She put at risk whole space station. Repeatedly lied to us which almost got us killed. And last but not least she deleted MC's memory.

I don't have a problem with evil characters, but I have felt great amount of frustration because she was not condemned. She was glorified. Throughout the quest there were multiple oportunities to do something against her. For example there was a posibility to deliver proof of her actions to Herta and Scrulem. Only thing to express my "dissatisfaction" was to say "I'm upset". But later I was still forced to say that I would look forward to future adventures and welcome har at the astral expres.

I have already spent almost 400 hours at this game, but I am hesitant to countinue. The character that is supposed to represent me turned out to be a moron without dignity who cannot think for themselfs. Which takes my enjoyment of the game. I wish that developes would reflect on that and gave us the oportunity to enact vengence. But for that to happen there would have to be more players that are upset. I tried to look online for people with similar opinion, but I managed to find only few. While most of them don't seem to agree (which is fine, but dissapointing).

I'm writing this post to express my frustration. And maybe find reasurence that I'm not the only one.

post from reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I just started playing when the Ruan Mei character came out. Somehow got her with the free 10 premium tickets you get for logging in. So I've saved up all the game progress/story jades. I got Kafka and a Bronya in about 50 pulls? Yangqing was my free 50 5* and I got another of him from just random normal tickets. So 3 5* in one day, hooray!

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004

Clarste posted:

I'm rolling on Aventurine because he's a smarmy prick who doesn't quote the joker.

Well, assuming I have any left over after Acheron.

He did technically say it once! Unless this was sparkle all along?

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I think this part of games is always the most fun. Speculating and theorizing on where the story is going. Which characters are important, etc.

Youtube suggested this CatWithBlueHat who does some pretty good interpretive videos from what I've watched and the one it suggested to me this morning is basically saying Firefly isn't all that important to the story in the end (potentially). Which is fun because everyone seems the most enraptured by her so far in 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kHK9R6VBK4

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I watched the trailer. Is she from the "Japan" planet because I'd love a futurist neon tokyo type place to go visit in the game.

edit: i noticed on the last screen where all the TVs are around here and she asks "Who's the real Sparkle?" one of them looks like Herta with a female Peppy

Daner T fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 25, 2024

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I'm excited for Acheron. I'm trying to decide what kind of team to put her on. I started when Ruan Mei came out so I don't have a lot of limited 5 stars before her just Kafka and DHIL since they re-released. I was thinking this with what I have:

Pela (E0, hopefully more with her banner) w/S1 resolution shines as pearls of sweat
Gallagher (I read he will be good with her? and he's on the banner as well)
Acheron
???

I'm thinking Black Swan just because she provides some debuffs and works with her nihility team requirements?

My roster
5 Stars - Trailblazer, Kafka, Bronya E1, Yanqing E1, Bailu, DHIL, Ruan Mei, Ratio, Sparkle, Black Swan
4 Stars - Everyone but Arlan with various eidolons

I read there's a support character that is gonna be made for Acheron that would be the 4th spot but won't release for a few months.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004

Bad Video Games posted:

Pela is perfectly fine at e0.

If you want to do a hypercarry Acheron team, Pela and Guinaifen are probably your best options in longer fights. That way, you can still run Black Swan with Kafka if you wish.

Gallagher/Aventurine/Gepard with Universal Market are all good sustains for her. There's a leaked Nihility healer. If that character is ever released, then you could run an actual harmony character instead.

Hmmm I haven't built Guinaifen yet. I heard her fire kissed thing takes a while to stack up for it to be good though?

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Yeah, I think this is the first time I will go with a signature LC. I've never pulled one yet, but it seems Acheron really needs hers.

The only weird AI I've felt is Black Swan's skill will always target the enemy on the far end for her skill so it wastes it hitting 3 targets a lot. I was hoping they would fix that.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I just lost my 50/50 pulling for Loucha on Yanqing so he's now E2 :( but then I got Loucha in 2 more pulls. What's his best light cone that's not 5*? I have Shared Feeling, Quid Pro Quo, Passing Time, and Post-Op for 4* options. I'm thinking Passing Time because he's literally on the picture, but wasn't sure.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Interesting never thought to use a 3* light cone before. I was mainly gonna use him on a DHIL, Sparkle, Tingyun team.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I'd like to build a FUA team but I only have Ratio right now and am maybe pulling for Aventurine. I have like no sustains aside from fireblazer so even without FUA Aventurine seems nice unless I magically get Gepard sometime. I've got a DoT team (Kafka, Black Swan, Ruan Mei, Luocha), DHIL Team (DHIL, Luocha, Sparkle, Tingyun), and Acheron Team (Ach, Guin, Pela, Gallagher) so far. I pulled for Luocha because I was tired of only have Natasha and Lynx for heals and Gallagher feels great on my Ach team at E6.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I never used Guin until I got Acheron and I enjoy her. I would say her only downside is yelling happy new year every couple of turns. Her planet was destroyed right or did she just relocate to Loufu I can't remember? Is she from space britain?

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I lost my 50/50 on Gepard so at least I got a preservation unit out of it all, but not the one I intended. Now I'm stellar jade broke. We are getting a another free 10 pull from the anniversary right? Maybe I'll get lucky.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Theme wise Fu is definitely cooler with the all seeing eye/galaxy stuff. More so than guitar case knight and gambler. I was totally going to get Fu on her rerun but I got Aventurine today and unsure if I need her, but she just looks cool.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Now that we have our version of Raiden I wonder if we'll get a Yae espy, but they've not really mentioned her having any friends in her lore that I can tell.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004

blizzardvizard posted:

Well, Jiaoqiu (the future supposed best Acheron teammate) is apparently gonna be a pink-haired Foxian. He's a guy, though.

He better be very fabulous. I'm curious how an upscaled foxian male will look instead of generic npc foxian male.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
the hairstyle is the key right? does that make amber the genshin bronya?

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
ah got it i thought it was the center bangs thing. so genshin is without its bronya

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I actually have really enjoyed ratio/aventurine's relationship over 2.0, more so than aventurine/TBs. He seems like a meanie but Ratio really does care/look out for our IPC friend.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
When Jade and Topaz are talking in the last patch she says I come for an audience. I come to fill wine, and I come to claim. I bestow poison in guise of sweet dew. Come the toil of spring and yield of fall, I patiently wait for the branches to be heavy with withered fruits. All for the Amber Lord. . When Aventurine "acitivates" he says the same phrase All for the Amber Lord so it seems like they draw their Qlipoth power saying those things associated with them.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
now that we know hatblazer uses a hat as a weapon i wonder what her weapon will be unless we have two hat weapon carriers.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
elio will be a cat and abundance or preservation to keep the team alive

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
do we know what materials robin and boothill use? i assume they'll use the new boss materials and i'm honestly tired of fighting the big bug for those past evils of the borehole. robin will most likely use the same harmony mats that sparkle used but do we know boothill?

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I'm not sure if I'll pull for boothill, but I'm tempted by Robin because having all the harmonies is like the only section of characters I have all the collectables in. What kind of team does Boothill even want?

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
got it. I wonder if gallagher would be a good sustain slot since he's very break effect focused too

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
yeah she seems to be FUA focused for sure and Topaz is on her banner as well unless that's just the cycle of re-runs and Topaz was going to be next regardless.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
i think she has a really steep energy cost for her ult? more than others

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
this is robin's personality and i'm here for it.

she was kind to us when we first go to penacony. i did watch some yt video comparing a ruan mei IPC team v. a robin IPC team but the person presenting it had robin use her ult before literally all the other characters took their turn so it seems like a wasted ult/damage each time.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Since the family is blessed by Xipe the Harmony Aeon I'm very curious why she gives trailblazer her blessing and their new abilities since right now their skepticism surrounding said family so far in the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
So Jade won't really find a home on an all IPC team (Ratio, Topaz, Aventurine)?