Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do like Genshin but there apparently being no exceptionally dumb baby Paimon-esque character speaking for you makes this sound appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
...Are Light Cones this games version of Craft Essences? Because I kind of hate Craft Essences on principle.

Me being a weirdo about that aside, I am liking what I played so far. Haven't made my rolls yet but will do so shortly.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

lightcones are like genshin weapons more than craft essences, in terms of how many you get for free and how theyre essentially locked to certain characters, but they're still stat boosters that eat up 90% of your rolls, yeah

I never had much of a problem with Genshin weapons than I did with Craft Essences, but then I think it is because that Craft Essences are used to make FGOs gatch that much worse in a unique way by having the guaranteed 4 star card usually be....a Craft Essence.

Also, I thought that March and Paimon had the same english VA and I guess not? For some reason they sound alike.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are you able to return to the first area later? I see the big level 11 enemy and I do not have a healer yet, and I hestitate to pump up my current characters, not to mention that the required character is taking up a slot that probably be better served by another character for that particular fight.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Clarste posted:

Unrelated: Is it just me, or does the music regularly stop and then never come back? PC.

Edit: Without evidence, I feel like it's the jukebox's fault.

I have had that happen when loading into the control room during that A Brief Respite quest, and even the battles did not have any music until I quit and restarted back during the dungeon segment afterward.

On that note, I like that it saves you place in the dungeon if you quit out of the game.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't think the dialog and memos are bad, but they are 50% longer than they need to be usually.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, got Yanqing from the starter banner. Seems cool.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How important is it to have a spread of elements to cover weaknesses, putting aside skills that proc off of weakness break or hitting weaknesses? I want to use my Yanqing but March is already my ice character, and I think I may need to have her in my party for most of the time until I get another Abundance or Preservation character.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Am I the only one who thinks that the game controls perfectly fine with k+m controls? I thought the same thing for Genshin. Granted, the lack of tool tips sucks.

Also, the drat pulling animation needs to be shorter.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Star Ocean comparisons are making me concerned that as soon as I get off this space station, I will be crashing into a Fantasy World planet where I will be spending the rest of the game.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SpaceDrake posted:

It's The Genshin Battle Pass. So long as you get to 30+ each month, it's reasonably worth it to pick up the basic version (the high-end one is purely down to whether you want the attached bonus for the month). It is agonizingly Not Worth It if you don't get to at least 30, though. Absolutely never buy levels, either, unless you're at 49 and somehow fell just short of 50 on the last day or something.

Similarly, the monthly gems thing is very "worth" it if you log in every day, just like Genshin - it's about 3000 gems for US$5, when a raw purchase for that would usually cost about six times that. This of course depends on how worth it you find it to spend on the game at all, and that's going to vary enormously for everyone. And if you miss a day, your gems vanish into the ether.

Speaking of, when does the daily timer reset for that for this game? I remember it being like from 8-10pm PST on Genshin, which throws me off a bit occationally.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Today while screwing around in the space station I hacked some dudes workstation...and found absolutely nothing of worth, scheduled a meeting between 4 unrelated departments and somehow managed to get them to work together, watered a talking plant and got a literal trophy for morality, and rode a toilet that can travel through space and time.

This game is wonderfully weird and I am all for it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there any harm in freely leveling up any character I am interested in running with? Level up materials in Genshin were never scarce and I get the feeling it is the same here.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I haven't played this game in a year; stopped shortly after I got to the city in the first planet and have been meaning to get back into it. I do hear good things mostly about how it is shaping up, but what I really want to know is: Does it keep being hilariously weird?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So is MiHoYo actively blocking accounts from playing on Steam Deck or Linux, or are those false positives for cheating? I am hearing mixed things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Not So Fast posted:

In my personal experience it's been working fine, I've had no issues with updates using the 3rd party launcher. If you're concerned then there are Windows equivalents of the Deck like the Asus ROG which might work better for your use-case.

Is there a way to use streaming to play on the deck from a PC then?

I mean, no big deal if I can’t easily do it but this would be a nice game on the couch.