Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

dorohedoro is absolutely insane, and complete, and the anime only covers a small chunk of it. but they got the best murdergirl perfectly correct in the animated version, as well as the filthiness of the world, so that's good

imagine if god was actually satan, and him doing messed up poo poo is because he's insanely existentially bored, so he just spends his days loving with people while not giving a poo poo about how he looks so he just wears a hoodie and no pants while looking like this:

the main character, caiman, is a man with a lizard head because some random wizard zapped him with magic but only hit his head. so he's going around murdering wizards until he finds the one who did it. his best friend is is nikaido, a chef who runs The Hungry Bug restaurant, and helps him with his murdering antics.

you can describe literally every single character in this series as "crazy, funny, and also a serial killer"

dorohedoro is an all-timer, read/watch dorohedoro

dorohedoro is completely dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
invictus throw me a rec. likes: Inio Asano, Naoki Urosawa, Takehiko Inoue

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

inuyasha

oh poo poo i bet the manga is hella beautiful + nostalgia trip

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

do you want an obscure rec or a well known quantity, because I can do either.

well known quantities: Blank Canvas - My So-Called Artist's Journey
Akiko Higashimura, the author of Princess Jellyfish, made this autobiographical story about her life and growth as an artist. It's a phenomenal, powerfully told story. One of the series I've read that I want a AAA-budgeted anime made for, not for action scenes or anything since there's nothing of the sort, but just going absolutely ham on everything in general instead. Music, backgrounds, character hand animations while making artwork, that sort of thing.

The Faraway Paladin - an isekai, but don't let that scare you. It uses the premise in the best way possible, when it scarcely uses it at all: "your previous life was terrible. learn from that suffering and find new purpose with this second chance." reborn in a city of the dead, he is adopted by three undead; a skeletal warrior, a mummified priestess, and a ghostly wizard. they raise him as if he were their own. brilliant storytelling, brilliant worldbuilding, excellent artwork, and probably the best presentation of how mortals would interact with gods and faith in any manga I've yet read. Has a bad anime adaptation, stick to the manga.

obscure rec, might not fit: A Serious Time
a very short series at only 9 chapters, it's about a girl who dies in a car accident and the weird limbo she finds herself in.

I've read like a thousand series according to my mdlibrary, and even if 90% of that is garbage, I can still dig out the recommendable stuff if you want

i like it wild n wacky. dead demon's dededededestruction was the last thing i read that i was like, "that was fuckin cool"

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
thanks dog. i'll check all that poo poo out :cheers: