Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive sketched out a new doom II episode and started mapping today. wondering if any creative Imps would be willing to contribute to the project. looking for one or two origina MIDIs, and somebody who could make an original status bar + edit the berserk pack pickup. I made a little teaser to show off the vibe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GhcH-v8Q4Q

six levels set in icy caverns and temples using the Ancient Aliens texture pack and palette. the status bar and font work etc. are holdovers from the ancient aliens art pack and will be replaced eventually.

have a good feeling about this set already, now that ive got like a dozen vanilla style doom ii levels under my belt. with some original artistry and some serious level design work+testing I'm feeling we could take this poo poo all the way to a Cacoward nomination. all it takes is putting 300 revenants in each level and adding hundreds of meaningless visual flairs on every empty wall. plus im funemployed and my only plans for the next two months was to was play zelda games and make this level pack. lmk if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i can do the music op. let me know what the vibes are that you want for the tracks and i will see what i can whip up

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post :) here is to many more :cheersdoge:
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some badges

in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more hosed up and long.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

ive sketched out a new doom II episode and started mapping today. wondering if any creative Imps would be willing to contribute to the project. looking for one or two origina MIDIs, and somebody who could make an original status bar + edit the berserk pack pickup. I made a little teaser to show off the vibe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GhcH-v8Q4Q

six levels set in icy caverns and temples using the Ancient Aliens texture pack and palette. the status bar and font work etc. are holdovers from the ancient aliens art pack and will be replaced eventually.

have a good feeling about this set already, now that ive got like a dozen vanilla style doom ii levels under my belt. with some original artistry and some serious level design work+testing I'm feeling we could take this poo poo all the way to a Cacoward nomination. all it takes is putting 300 revenants in each level and adding hundreds of meaningless visual flairs on every empty wall. plus im funemployed and my only plans for the next two months was to was play zelda games and make this level pack. lmk if you're interested.

How extensive is the redesign? Is it just editing the existing UI or are you planning on like a higher resolution or animation or something?

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i only know I iii V chord progressions op, but ill set up the website featinguring low priced 40 dollar teespring tshirts.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mysterious loyall X posted:

i only know I iii V chord progressions op, but ill set up the website featinguring low priced 40 dollar teespring tshirts.

make sure you include XXXXL or I'm not interested

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

i can do the music op. let me know what the vibes are that you want for the tracks and i will see what i can whip up

that's loving awesome. I was hoping to have original scores for two levels, if it isn't too much. Or it could be split up w/ ppl

MAP01 - intro to the pack and the little short hallway in the teaser. something quiet and snowy, it'll be a fairly straightforward cave level with a central room and 3 hallways looping around the edges. Every time you return to the central cave from one of the side areas it's a little different, and you have to get through all 3 to open the exit door. not a high octane level, mainly setting the tone and aesthetic for the map set.

MAP06 - big finale, spoke and hub level w/ 3 key exit door followed by epic bfg spam finale in a big ol arena. Everything still has the snow/clear sky/temple texturing, but feel free to go big. Boss fight rear end music, will be a hot start level w/ little downtime throughout

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

How extensive is the redesign? Is it just editing the existing UI or are you planning on like a higher resolution or animation or something?

just editing the existing UI to put like icicles on the doom HUD. Make it look cold and metallic like it's the inside of a restaurant freezer. Whatever editing is done has to use the Ancient Aliens palette, idk whag exactly that means for making art though. I judt followed the txt when installing and had to edit the wad pallette in Slade. I'll see if I can find some guidelines or info but for now here's the filehost that may be of help. https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/combos/aa-tex

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
would gladly play through a pog/in training doom experience

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
gfx: i'll see what i can wrangle...

music: grab jimmy's midi pack and see what takes your fancy

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
right this might work, lemme know how it does ya

stbar

stbar (widescreen friendly version)

starms

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

right this might work, lemme know how it does ya

stbar

stbar (widescreen friendly version)

starms

These look awesome! im running into an issue though, if I drop this into any normal wad it looks good, like so

but when I add it to this map I'm working on it looks bonkers

but this is also probably a me issue? I just converted everything to the AA palette when I imported it, for building purposes. when I actually make the thing I was planning to be more selective than just copypaste all. so maybe this will be fine

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
weird, i mapped it to the aa pal... prob. have to convert it to a doom format lump? try copying the aa PLAYPAL into your wad then converting the gfx with right click > graphic > convert to and setting the palette to "existing/global"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah that worked I needed to import PLAYPAL to the wad I was editing. Sick. still can't get textures to actually exist though in DSDS lol but that's a future problem.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

I'll mod the forums

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frenz posted:

I'll mod the forums

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nutmeg posted:

would gladly play through a pog/in training doom experience

well get ready since its officially On. the music pog is putting together is awesome and heres a WIP pic.

my plan is polish and release MAP01 as a little taste and then go dark until all 6 levels are done.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Love a good triangular skylight in a scifi horror game. Hell yea man. Kinda making me wanna get back on this bullshit. Whenever I can sit in a chair without wanting to die again. I’m in.