Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
This old meme from the mid 2000's...

... is now real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvrRCBlTmDE

I knew we would see something like this within the next 5-10 years, but I guess it's here now, minus realistically believable faces, which they just worked around by pixelating them like you see on police videos, which seems to work good for this.

We are in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I dont think it looks that real and the gameplay probably sux, it's a huge gimmick

this isnt a condemnation of your thread but I saw this thing pop up and, well it's what im choosing to hate today

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
You do have a point... it's been proven time and time again to wait and see how it looks and performs on users' PCs. But I want to believe. :woop:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

there is no game. this is just footage from my stolen gopro. thank god they didnt post the part with the peanut butter filled cup at least

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

every PC gamer:

-> goes to options
- disables chromatic abberation
- disables motion blur
- disables DOF
- disables etc etc etc

nice 9999 fps generic bad guy shooter

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This is what the new Zelda should look like

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hell yeah playing a cop game that's just about realistically shooting people in 2023.

Chuddy.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Piss Creep posted:

Hell yeah playing a cop game that's just about realistically shooting people in 2023.

Chuddy.
well maybe its the civilians who should be wearing body cams then maybe someone will make that game

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
it runs on the same engine as fortnite

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

numberoneposter posted:

every PC gamer:

-> goes to options
- disables motion blur
- disables DOF
- disables etc etc etc

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"This is not a VR game."

But no doubt it'll be immersive enough for thousands of already fat gamers to stop leaving their basements at all, subsist entirely on home delivery foods, and die in their gaming chairs from obesity-induced strokes and heart attacks.

Still, no loss.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Piss Creep posted:

Chuddy.

Not that realistic because the body cam stays switched on

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Not that realistic because the body cam stays switched on

:drat:

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Don't even want to imagine the deeply hosed up .wad's, or whatever they are called these days, that will be made for this.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
don't care, they should go back to making build engine games

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
can't see embeds from here in china but just gonna say, since we're talking about video games, that this looks fuckin gay and something i already enjoy is way better :cool:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
A game where you play a cop should be called Pig Simulator

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Just play receiver JFC

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

kntfkr posted:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

kntfkr posted:

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

every PC gamer:

-> goes to options
- disables motion blur
- disables DOF
- disables etc etc etc

drat,. PC gamers just cant stop taking Ws

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Booty Pageant posted:

it runs on the same engine as fortnite

Apt, because after two weeks (a fortnight) I'll forget I ever even heard of this.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Really hope that game makes a sharp turn into "urban exploration horror" territory after 45 minutes

I mean, it could manage to pull off being a nuanced commentary of police brutality and become "Spec Ops: The Blue Line," but I fear a significant portion of players would love it for all the wrong reasons.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
If you die in the game, do you die in real life?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Imagine The Last of Us Part 3 with those graphics

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

every PC gamer:

-> goes to options
- disables motion blur
- disables DOF
- disables etc etc etc

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Imagine The Last of Us Part 3 with those graphics

Alright, I'm imagining another lovely game with really good graphics.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
lol

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
if you're going for realism then why does the bodycam not "mysteriously" turn off right before you kill someone?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Devils Affricate posted:

Alright, I'm imagining another lovely game with really good graphics.

ur a fuckin idiot

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This game is going to be like 3 5-minute levels long and it's going to lose everyone's interest when it tries to tell a story

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

ChickenHeart posted:

I mean, it could manage to pull off being a nuanced commentary of police brutality and become "Spec Ops: The Blue Line," but I fear a significant portion of players would love it for all the wrong reasons.

I can see someone doing "Spec Ops: Ukraine" in a few years. You spend 30 minutes being told you're going to fight Nazi's and then you cross the border.

Everything you told is a lie and the big boss battle is you getting killed by a HIMAS strike from 70km away.

Spec Ops was a game ahead of its time.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Bula Vinaka posted:

You do have a point... it's been proven time and time again to wait and see how it looks and performs on users' PCs. But I want to believe. :woop:

It looks like it's running Unreal 5 and all the assets are photogrammed so it gives that uncanny realistic look. Then the camera is mocapped along with a person's movements and it plays a scripted sequence along a camera track. So there's no actual gameplay, just a showcase of the effects.

If you follow Unreal 5 development, you'll see there are way more good-looking impressive projects to be excited over, but this one pushed out a video showcasing Unreal 5 effects people havent seen yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

photogrammy is pretty wild. theres basically a tech demo course in assetto corsa (racecar game) that uses home made footage as its source. some people are trying to use google maps photos as well.

its pretty rough around the edges to say the least but still manages details that someone making the map by hand just couldnt ever hope to model. its like a 30 gb file though lol its a pretty small course. but basically you can create a real life "road feel" without having to laser scan the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhjZCXo9BY&t=127s