Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like the forums and I think people overagonize and get too navel-gazey about all these wide-eyed newbies getting devoured wholesale here. Something Awful's sardonic posting style is endemic to large swaths of twitter, reddit, and tumblr thanks to a lot of cross pollination there.

We could probably do something to spotlight the more sedate forums and threads though. Like showing off the fat-but-slow-moving-goats in the petting zoo.

I don't know how you get people to look at the forums besides advertising or maybe paying more youtubers to spotlight weird poo poo that's happened here.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

barclayed posted:

I know Whang! has done a couple videos where he talks about weird SomethingAwful poo poo. I think it’d be cool to see more videos about stuff that’s happened here, from both an advertising and internet-historical standpoint.

Jeffrey paid for one of them. I think about the zookeeper stories where the people kept accidentally killing animals and then the zoo owners would cook and eat them?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dante posted:

This is equally as cool as when teenage boys decide they like old-timey hats and wear fedoras in public. Delete your account and hang out on tik-tok like a normal kid instead of loitering around the online equivalent of an old folks home.

Dorky guys wearing fedoras all the time isn't cool, but they think it is at least. There's no way anyone registering on these forums in this day and age are doing it because they think it'll make them look cool.

Anyway, it's good when kids visit the old folks home and I much prefer SA's layout and format over reddit or some other place that incentivizes content engagement metrics and likes to keep you addicted to posting. If you don't want to sort by the most recent post in a thread, you can go to the main subforum list of threads and filter other ways. The "Filter Posts" drop down list lets you sort by thread icon. Or you can click on "Re" or "Rating" to sort by the highest/lowest number of replies and the thread's rating, if you want.

Would be nice to have some way to sort by newest thread. I think that's all I really miss.