Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Collateral posted:

I bought my son an account, telling him was a funny place with lots of useful information and friendly people. He lasted about a month, I think, after the 3rd dogpile, by "allies" he told me it was just too hostile. Trying to have any kind of conversation is a minefield. Saying nothing and keeping your own council is a winning strategy, even in places where you have personal experience, because you will get screamed at or stalked.

I really think the culture war has broken a lot of minds here.

Structurally, it's fine though.

I do wonder how many previous posters just lurk now, that haven't moved on, who still read the forums out of habit.

Lot left out here about what exactly your son was 'dogpiled' for saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Collateral posted:

Not showing due difference to a subforum/thread superstar who was receiving an aggressive bum licking, and told to go away, to having a username similar to a minor African language being clear evidence of racism and cultural appropriation.

Your post has strong "what was he guilty of?" vibes: being new to these comedy forums, I guess.

You throw out a dogwhistle phrase like 'culture war', it's not surprising people are going to assume some unsaid things.