Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I am insanely happy these forums haven’t really changed since I joined. I do not like the tiered comment system of Reddit, and despite having browsed it for a decade at this point, it’s mostly been just a quick romp through some favorite subreddits for any noteworthy articles or interesting posts and maybe some meme browsing. I’ve spent way more time actually reading stuff on SA. Between having meaningful discussions presented in traditional message board style, the value (both selling and buying) I’ve gotten from SA Mart, general life advice, and media recommendations from the most random places, I’m happy to have wasted a over a literal third of my life here (more if you count lurking before actually buying an account)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

sassypotassium posted:

Yeah, i’m new to SA. Lurked for a bit, then decided to buy an account. So far i’m loving the fact that it’s less stressful and convoluted than the rest of the interwebs. Takes me back to a simpler time. On the other hand, i’m still figuring out some of the ins and outs, and still feel quite lost at times. There are so many different injokes, and each forum has a different culture, that it feels quite daunting to participate at times. It just feels less like i’m scrolling out of habit, and am actualy actively looking for stuff i’d like to read and participate in. Best advice i’ve had so far is to :justpost:

Honestly the best advice, yep. Most forums here are welcoming if you’re not a total jerk and if you don’t get an in joke, just ask. I’m sure someone will be glad to give a much longer than needed over-explanation of the history