Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Gas thread, ban OP.

Feeling more at home now OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Not Wolverine posted:

Typical "suck it up looser" response, that's the lovely attitude present everywhere on this site. That's the reason this place won't grow and active users are down.

To be clear, the problem is not simply mods making bad decisions but the fact that rap sheets follow users indefinitely. Even times when mods prob the wrong the person or admit they messed up it's still on your record with whatever whitty comment the mods put. The worst part is users dig through this looking for poo poo to troll each other and that is somehow seen as a good way to run a website. It's ridiculous that there are so many users known by reputation, people in forums I have never posted who other people talk about.

The rap sheets encourage harassment and exclusion, that wonderful "community feel" people say they want to preserve here is rejecting outsiders and new posters.

This is exactly the kind of attitude that some transam driving colonel sanders MF would have.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

If you don't want people citing your rap sheet, retire your account and start a new one and only get kitty sixers

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Next time I go to a convention I'm gonna dress up as my avatar and run around doing Man On The Street style interviews.

"Hi my name is poo poo Fuckasaurus and people are dying to know, why haven't you signed up to our dead, gay forums?"

I'll report back.

Next gooncon should either:

Check people's rapsheets before letting them in (no refunds for already purchased tickets obviously) and not let them enter if they have more than X number of probes or bans

OR

They can get in but they have to print out their user names and their worst rap sheet offences and tape that to their backs and walk around the con like that. People with lesser offenses can openly make fun of or berate them consequence free.

If they do that for the entire day, they get those particular (the worst offenses) expunged from their records.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

sassypotassium posted:

Yeah, i’m new to SA. Lurked for a bit, then decided to buy an account. So far i’m loving the fact that it’s less stressful and convoluted than the rest of the interwebs. Takes me back to a simpler time. On the other hand, i’m still figuring out some of the ins and outs, and still feel quite lost at times. There are so many different injokes, and each forum has a different culture, that it feels quite daunting to participate at times. It just feels less like i’m scrolling out of habit, and am actualy actively looking for stuff i’d like to read and participate in. Best advice i’ve had so far is to :justpost:

Theres a thread in PYF thats called "Outing the in joke" or some poo poo like that thats not been active for a while so its probably like 10 pages back now, but its got a lot of info in there about forums related poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

barclayed posted:

I know Whang! has done a couple videos where he talks about weird SomethingAwful poo poo. I think it’d be cool to see more videos about stuff that’s happened here, from both an advertising and internet-historical standpoint.

I saw the one he did for Swap.avi.

Was pretty good.

Is he actually a goon or just a goon sympathizer?