Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I earned my probations so I'm drat well going to wear them with pride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Earwicker posted:

there have been various factions of posters claiming that X or Y group of people "ruined" the forums since literally 2002.

What would a :regd03: know about 2002 forums culture. You don't even get a smiley for your year.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I only browse threads that show up in the Popular Threads section on the front page.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

There has to be a star citizen overlap with people mad we got r/jailbait shut down too.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Serotoning posted:

It's strangely beautiful, poetic even, that in such short course the thread about the future of the forums has become Exhibits A through D on why this place is so hard to stand for anyone but regulars and those who match the goon psychiatric profile.

You gotta be the right combination of extremely woke, terminally online, and alone/fat to fit in here and even then lots of users will hair-trigger stuff like using totally mainstream terms such "culture war" as some kind of far right dogwhistle. As far as many frequent users are concerned, this clubhouse ain't moving/changing, as it's one of few places online they have found refuge from people, ideas, and language that can hurt them.

I have a love/hate relationship with the forums for sure, as at its best it's one of the most intelligent, accessible, candidly funny places I've been on the internet.

lol