Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
There's a pleasing symmetry between 'forum that was popular enough to charge for an account' and 'forum that has to pay people to register an account'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
The internet makes you stupid, I mutter out loud to myself while browsing my bookmarked megathreads that exclusively repost things from the other three websites on the Internet.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

Grimey Drawer

alexandriao posted:

It's like how in IRL political talk when someone says "we need to appeal more to the everyday man!" what they actually mean is their caricature of a cishet white man who is subtly or openly racist and misogynistic, and definitely would not approve of these "unwashed migrants" or "disgusting pervy trannies", when overwhelmingly political polling shows that while the media has shifted right wing, most of the voter base is actually not

Nobody's brought up "unwashed migrants" or "disgusting pervy trannies" except you, in this post. Why did you bring this up? How does this relate to the thread?

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

Grimey Drawer

alexandriao posted:

those are both taken from the current political climate, lmao. It is an analogy

...well, I don't see how your analogy is at all valid. My position is that this website could stand to be a little naughtier than it is currently, for the purposes of comedy and making jokes, and being creative. A joke is something you don't expect, and comedy requires a little naughtiness in order to be truthful: and I feel the gains (lols) would be worth more than the potential losses (someone perhaps having their feelings hurt).

This is the reason I'm sad that the frontpage is no longer a thing: because, for better or for worse, it served as a personality, or a 'voice' for this website, that would be commented on and reposted on other websites - rather than the present status quo with no frontpage, and GBS being a swamp of multiple-thousand-page-long megathreads featuring content reposted from other websites. What's your take?