Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Does Streetbeefs still exist? That was always a fun, insane, thread to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

syzpid posted:

Does Streetbeefs still exist? That was always a fun, insane, thread to read.

It does but the thread got shut down because of poop touching and some weird poo poo involving the KSA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Streetbeefs has sponsors and multiple venues now. They’re like the taichi palace of hoodfightin

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

coconono posted:

Streetbeefs has sponsors and multiple venues now. They’re like the taichi palace of hoodfightin

Do they all have cool fighting game stage names like Beelzebub's Patio or Lucifer's Lanai, or is Satan's Backyard the only one

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

It does but the thread got shut down because of poop touching and some weird poo poo involving the KSA

Wasn't the poop touching literally firechicken (I think) running his offshoot in contact with scarface and getting super aggro?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

ilmucche posted:

Wasn't the poop touching literally firechicken (I think) running his offshoot in contact with scarface and getting super aggro?

Yeah before trying to spin off and run events without paying fighters Firechicken was surprisingly cool for the first few months he posted here, which lured us into a false sense of security that perhaps the poop could be touched this time. But we were, all of us, deceived, for a bigger turd was laid.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Firechicken is a pokemon

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ilmucche posted:

The poop touching begain with inviting Firechicken here though. He was street beefs before SA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd completely forgotten about FireChicken. I think that dude got punched in the skull parts too much.

The OP for the streetbeefs thread turned out to be a KSA political operative or some type. Or just really into making sure we're all nice to House Saud.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ah right, I though firechicken chose to come here rather than get invited. The original writeups for the streetbeefs thread were hilarious

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Ah right, I though firechicken chose to come here rather than get invited. The original writeups for the streetbeefs thread were hilarious

streetbeefs was one of the best threads on the forums for a while

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The KSA thing was so out of left field it was amazing

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pretty much everything about that thread was an incredible disaster

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish there was more stuff like Hip Show. This stand and slap each other stuff is BORING. I wanna see dudes go at it like kittens in a recycle bin.

Also this is a moat fight respect zone.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i didn't know about any of that lol. a history of the Streetbeefs thread itself sounds as interesting as Streetbeefs

SalTheBard posted:

I'm tempted to do Fight Circus, because I've watched almost all of them and have feelings on them. I don't know how detailed I can be though, but I'm going to try my best!

please!

delfin posted:

I feel like the first handful of UFCs ought to pop up in here in some capacity. Sumo wrestlers versus savate fighters, the demolition of Joe Son's groin, ninjitsu, trapfighting, San Soo Kung Fu, guys lying on top of each other for 30 minutes, pitfighting, 'exotics,' and Jon Hess's playground-fu.

I'd love it. Bonus points if you can find out whatever happened to the cross that Joe Son/Kimo Leopoldo carried to the ring

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

How dangerous does something have to be to be in the "freakshow" category? Can a combat sport just be weird/dumb?

Basically, I'm thinking of Car-Jitsu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COCBEqKoJ5s

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

CellBlock posted:

How dangerous does something have to be to be in the "freakshow" category? Can a combat sport just be weird/dumb?

Basically, I'm thinking of Car-Jitsu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COCBEqKoJ5s

this rules. absolutely allowed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Russia also gave us "what if we literally boxed in a phone booth" and it was moderately entertaining.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The first episode of the Ultimate Self Defense Championships had them scrapping in a moving bus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU3nOrEfN70

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Somehow I wasn’t aware of the YouTube boxing poo poo until recently, and for some reason I’m the only person in the world who would rather not watch female voice actors give each other CTE for charity in horrifically one-sided boxing matches? Why is this suddenly a thing?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's more of a what's old is new thing really.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Luigi Thirty posted:

Somehow I wasn’t aware of the YouTube boxing poo poo until recently, and for some reason I’m the only person in the world who would rather not watch female voice actors give each other CTE for charity in horrifically one-sided boxing matches? Why is this suddenly a thing?

In the 90's celebrity boxing was a thing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

In the 90's celebrity boxing was a thing.

Yeah, I meant the sudden resurrection between online Creators, not Jose Canseco and Nancy Kerrigan.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think there is much boxing beyond the Pauls and KSI, maybe a handful at most. Online content creator people doing whatever it takes to get you to click their video: always-has-been.gif

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

AndyElusive posted:

The first episode of the Ultimate Self Defense Championships had them scrapping in a moving bus.

>ultimate self defense championships
>no knives or guns
weak

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hope this guy's brains are ok... what's that? Oh!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

TheKingslayer posted:

Hope this guy's brains are ok... what's that? Oh!

:lol::lol:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Trillhouse posted:

>ultimate self defense championships
>no knives or guns
weak

they did one with knives and all of the self defense guys died

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

During the gauntlet in Ep2 most of them when faced with a guy wielding a knife just handed over their wallet instead of fighting and scored points as a result.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

MMA destroyed people's interest in boxing as a competitive sport, there's very few draws left in the sport. Enter Jake and Logan Paul, who put together a boxing event in 2018 copying some influencer named Joe Weller. It led to subsequent fights for them and they were quite successful thanks to their athletic backgrounds, large fanbases, and also a large base of haters willing to pay in hopes of seeing them beat up.

Promoters can't make money off of competitive bouts, but if you want to do a cheap copy of the Paul fights, there's a million cheap copies of the Paul brothers out there that will draw better than any of the accomplished boxers you can afford. A lot of being a streamer is debasing yourself for attention anyways, so why not sign on for a boxing match to get paid and maybe grow your following.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

little munchkin posted:

MMA destroyed people's interest in boxing as a competitive sport, there's very few draws left in the sport. Enter Jake and Logan Paul, who put together a boxing event in 2018 copying some influencer named Joe Weller. It led to subsequent fights for them and they were quite successful thanks to their athletic backgrounds, large fanbases, and also a large base of haters willing to pay in hopes of seeing them beat up.

Promoters can't make money off of competitive bouts, but if you want to do a cheap copy of the Paul fights, there's a million cheap copies of the Paul brothers out there that will draw better than any of the accomplished boxers you can afford. A lot of being a streamer is debasing yourself for attention anyways, so why not sign on for a boxing match to get paid and maybe grow your following.

This is completely false.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah, I meant the sudden resurrection between online Creators, not Jose Canseco and Nancy Kerrigan.

I remember Idubzz for making sarcastic videos, but all people want to talk about is him being punched / canceled

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

little munchkin posted:

Wtf lmao

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

pictured: a sport that doesn't draw or have a fanbase

https://twitter.com/MatchroomBoxing/status/1655049481396580357

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

little munchkin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

And now DWPS has destroyed people's interest in MMA as a competitive sport. Heck, it's destroyed people's interest in ALL sports combined.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/hektic_one/status/1655935585826275333?t=rnDiBT1JSz40k_HJIF2_Rg&s=19

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Luigi Thirty posted:

I’m trying to get my theses straight for my writeup. I think the common ground from old celebrity boxing and new is definitely managing your engagement and trying to get money, but the career trajectories are so evolved.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think there is much boxing beyond the Pauls and KSI, maybe a handful at most. Online content creator people doing whatever it takes to get you to click their video: always-has-been.gif

There’s been a lot of volume on the undercards. Easily 50 fights. And other cards not involving anyone an old millennial would have heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
For Fight Circus, there have been 6 of them. Would you like show by show reviews (broken up into individual posts) or would you all be more interested in a "General Overview of Fight Circus"